Official Big 12 Championship game thread - KU vs. ISU

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Official Big 12 Championship game thread - KU vs. ISU

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 am Yeah forgot about Ochai.

He could be out there. But of note... Moore and Ochai have both shot 72 3's this year. Ochai has made only 22, Moore has made 20.

Ochai's 5 rebounds per game are nice. But he HAS to score.
interesting.

Ochai has shot just as many despite playing half a season. Plus even though he's about the same percentage, his shots just seem to usually be better chosen and in rhythm, compared some of the random shit Charlie's prone to chucking.

I guess the differences to me are Ochai's hustle, and the fact he's an otherwise-redshirt going through the inevitable growing pains but still shows a lot of upside. I find that easier to live with than a 3rd year player who still looks lost.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Agbaji has gone iced Chai cold.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yep. He's thinking.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm Yep. He's thinking.
Aiming the ball every time he shoots instead of just letting it fly from 3.

Short game has been good. Has hit some 10 footers on the baseline, just not great from deep.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

He doesn’t trust his athleticism yet either.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

His tendency last year was to drive and pull up in the midrange (which, I really like his midrange game).

He's finding that harder to do against this level of talent and athleticism. He should trust his shot more, it looked quite good until late. Just let it fly. Same thing with Q.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am His tendency last year was to drive and pull up in the midrange (which, I really like his midrange game).

He's finding that harder to do against this level of talent and athleticism. He should trust his shot more, it looked quite good until late. Just let it fly. Same thing with Q.
A particularly rough moment of the ISU game is when Q had a rhythm elbow jumper and...just didn't take it. I think he turned it over a beat later?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so many of his misses look good, and at least to me, it seems like he is often in position to make big momentum shots which unfortunately don’t go in as often as we’ve needed them to