KU vs Texas Tech : Official Big12 #8 Game thread

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: KU vs Texas Tech : Official Big12 #8 Game thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Udoka is too easy to take out of games. We lose today if the normal Morretti shows up. We played 6 minutes of flawless basketball and then played even (at best) rest of game. I'm going to love it if Tech plays Gonzaga in the 2nd round.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm Udoka is too easy to take out of games.
And yet, it practically never happens this season. As he has had a fantastic season so far.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm Udoka is too easy to take out of games.
And yet, it practically never happens this season. As he has had a fantastic season so far.
I don't disagree at all that he's had a fantastic season. But, I don't know what your definition of "practically never happens" is, considering he has not been an offensive factor in both of the last 2 games and 3x in the past month. He's averaging the least amount of points in his career.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Pretty simple equation. It’s no secret Doke is 1 dimensional as it gets. So if you want to throw all efforts into stopping him, it can be done. We just hope it tires them out, or leaves openings for others. I’d really hope it pisses Doke off into a next level, but most the time just frustrates and occupies.
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“We just hope it tires them out, or leaves openings for others.“

Lanes for days.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:40 am Pretty simple equation. It’s no secret Doke is 1 dimensional as it gets. So if you want to throw all efforts into stopping him, it can be done. We just hope it tires them out, or leaves openings for others. I’d really hope it pisses Doke off into a next level, but most the time just frustrates and occupies.
Exactly.

The difference between yesterday and the Baylor game is that our perimeter guys actually showed up. The 4 guard set and emergence of Christian Braun helps a lot, but it particularly came down to Dot and Garrett getting downhill into the lane.

Yesterday was one of the most encouraging games we have had all season. This has the best look and feel of a Final Four team since 2017.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

What went in the books as a folly, was actually quite nice. Ref behind the play called it.

I am, I said.