KU vs OSU : Official Big12 #15 Game thread

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: KU vs OSU : Official Big12 #15 Game thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 pm If we can't beat this shitty K-State team on the road this year, we deserve to lose our no.1 ranking.
You are freaking magnanimous lad.
I mean, if this were 2015 for us, or if K-State was decent, I would be worried. But they are 2-12 this year. That's unbelievably horrible. How did this happen btw? Why is K-State so bad this year?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Liberace and play hard charts.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Seriously, Clark?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ben Affleck would coach ‘em up
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Crap, it's past midnight here. Gotta go pass out. Work at 8am.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

its ksus superbowl and the fan base will be psyched to make stupid signs about stools but i don’t think they have enough to stick with us.

the thing im more worried about is that liberace doesn’t have control of his team and we go up by double digits and their players start goading us into fights with cheap shots and hard fouls.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 pm Crap, it's past midnight here. Gotta go pass out. Work at 8am.
I forced myself to go to bed at halftime, ~ 10:15pm, because I had to get up before 4am. I watched the second half this morning while I was getting ready. It's not the same when you don't have Doyle updating the stats frequently in the game thread, but I managed to make it through, somehow.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

With the win, Kansas extends it's all time ncaa record of consecutive 25 win seasons to 15.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 am the thing im more worried about is that liberace doesn’t have control of his team and we go up by double digits and their players start goading us into fights with cheap shots and hard fouls.
Have they been in a bunch of fights since the KU game? I didn't realize they had a reputation for fighting anymore than we do.

I highly doubt they're looking for "fights". Not to mention we had both benches clear and not a single punch landed in the 1st match up.

My guess: it's an uneventful boring game. Fans will be juiced the first 5-10min before we start pulling away. Kstate is awful.

Bet they don't steal the ball while we're trying to run the clock out this time though. Also bet that if they do and we chase them down and block it that our player won't stand over them and taunt them.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You don't do gutter very well.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 295

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:21 am You don't do gutter very well.
Wasn't trying to "do" gutter. That's my honest opinion. I think fearing KState is going to "start fights" is unbelievably over dramatic. There wouldn't have been a fight last game if they didn't steal the ball as we were trying to dribble out the clock. There also wouldn't have been a fight if SDS didn't stand over him taunting him. Neither of those things will happen in the rematch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Marlins Man was at the game last night.
Can you find him?

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/kansas/ ... /20200224/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Right next to Stephanie Harris
Defense. Rebounds.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:10 am
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 am the thing im more worried about is that liberace doesn’t have control of his team and we go up by double digits and their players start goading us into fights with cheap shots and hard fouls.
Have they been in a bunch of fights since the KU game? I didn't realize they had a reputation for fighting anymore than we do.

I highly doubt they're looking for "fights". Not to mention we had both benches clear and not a single punch landed in the 1st match up.

My guess: it's an uneventful boring game. Fans will be juiced the first 5-10min before we start pulling away. Kstate is awful.

Bet they don't steal the ball while we're trying to run the clock out this time though. Also bet that if they do and we chase them down and block it that our player won't stand over them and taunt them.
I'd be more worried about one of their fans doing something stupid than I would a player from their team doing anything to try and start shit ot injure a KU player.
Deleted User 295

True. I don't think they'll have any reason for the fans to rush the court thankfully.
Deleted User 295

😂😂😂 and he's my new favorite not Self big 12 coach. It wasn't the comment. It was the burp into the microphone.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:10 am True. I don't think they'll have any reason for the fans to rush the court thankfully.
I wasn't necessarily thinking of a court storm, lol.

Over/Under 0.5 times the PA Announcer has to tell them to stop throwing things?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

that's a good under/over.
i'm going under, not because i don't think they won't throw things, but because the pa announcer will also be throwing things.