In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by Walrus »

Or another way to put it, that Green Day song Minority sums it up perfectly. "I wanna be the minority, I don't need your authority..."
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Quoting Green Day songs might be the most credible thing you’ve done in a long time.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm I think we're both kind of defining racism differently. The definition I'm talking about is when one race believes their dna / skin color is superior to other races. Very few people actually believe that in 2020, and certainly none of my close friends believe in that nonsense.

So, this is what he feelz is racism. You have taken a broad term and narrowed it to include (seemingly) only supremacy.

That’s the issue. You have a narrow opinion (I’ll refrain from deeming it ‘narrow-minded’), and you expect others to share this small viewpoint.

I don’t disagree that most aren’t ‘racist’ using your definition, but it misses the mark on many levels.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

This video clears up a lot of misconceptions about racism vs. making judgements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18IVjGz9Gvk&t=164s
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:25 pm This video clears up a lot of misconceptions about racism vs. making judgements.

That doesnt clear up any misconceptions about racism. It just whines about some white people's misguided efforts incorrectly defining "white privilege", what it means and what the impacts of it are while ignoring why and how it exists.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:49 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:25 pm This video clears up a lot of misconceptions about racism vs. making judgements.

That doesnt clear up any misconceptions about racism. It just whines about some white people's misguided efforts incorrectly defining "white privilege", what it means and what the impacts of it are while ignoring why and how it exists.
You expected more from this fucking idiot?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

5 Questions for our resident race experts - but anyone else please chime in if you would like to.

1. Why are the majority of people who line up to get in to the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores on Michigan Avenue (in Chicago) Black - and reek of marijuana?

2. Where/how do you think they get their money?

3. Why is there a need for a security guard to check their IDs?

4. What do you think is the main thing the Black people buy in those two stores?

5. If you are not Black, would you prefer to be Black and wear Gucci and Louis Vuitton clothing or be white and wear J.Crew?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I have no answers. But to #5....neither??
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

#5 is a very difficult question to answer - for me.

Here is a 6th question.

Do you think more 14 year old White boys in this country wish they were Black or more 14 year old Black boys wish they were White?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"people love cancel culture until it comes for them."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nic ... 04663.html
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Mother shot for saying "all lives matter". Peaceful protesters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCOjeox5PN4
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:45 pm Mother shot for saying "all lives matter". Peaceful protesters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCOjeox5PN4
Few thoughts, comments, questions.

Unless we ask the person who shot her and they are 100% honest, we don't really know if she was shot for simply saying - all lives matter.

Who was protesting?

At least one person she was with had a gun and at least one person pulled a gun on the other group of people. Horrible that one person was shot and killed but it's fortunate multiple people weren't shot and killed. People who weren't even involved in the "dispute" could have been shot and killed.

I took the time to read about what allegedly happened.
I 100% fault the people being referred to as the Black Lives Matter guys for shooting and killing the woman but it's not as if the woman and those she was with were completely innocent and non confrontational.

"They argued with another group after one of the people Whitaker was with used a racial slur, her bereaved fiancé". Jose Ramirez, told WXIN.
Why the fuck would anyone use a racial slur - and think it's ok. Especially at 3:00am. I don't care if it was said between them or directed at the other group. Just not a smart move.

According to this (see below) her fiancé doesn't know/recall if it was her who said All Lives Matter but regardless of who it was, why would you engage them and create confrontation? What good would/could possibly come from that?
A racially charged confrontation ensued with the other group, during which the suspect’s group shouted, “Black Lives Matter,” and someone in Whitaker’s group — possibly her — said, “all lives matter,” Ramirez said.

Her fiancé had a gun and tried to shoot someone. What if any charges will he be faced with? My hope is none being that he didn't hit/kill anyone. I assume he will claim self defense.

My final thought is anyone reading this better realize that it could be them or anyone they love who could be the next Jessica Doty Whitaker.
We have a gun problem in this country and we have an asshole problem in this country. Way too often that equals a deadly combo.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

This is what's great about America -- you can decide for yourself. At least for now, you still have freedom of opinion.
Deleted User 289

It's usually a blessing but for some/many it's actually a curse.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Problem with opinions is they are built with a mechanism (the brain) full of bugs (could be considered features but that's another discussion). And right now Youtube's and others' algorithms exacerbate those bugs ten-fold. People don't know what good sources of information are and aren't aware of how their brains are tricking themselves.

Our educational system needs to tackle this. Other than maybe our national deficit IMO this is the most important issue in our country rn.

Thinking, Fast and Slow should be mandatory to read and understand for getting a high school diploma. And there needs to be an entire semester course in all schools specifically meant to teach how to discern the legitimacy of sources of information.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Hey, sorry to interrupt. I know I haven't been on here in awhile, but I thought I'd check in quickly.

Is anyone attempting to limit Walrus/Lobster's freedom of speech on here? I know that was a big part of his schtick in the past. Wondering if he's still sticking with that?

See you all in a few weeks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 pm Problem with opinions is they are built with a mechanism (the brain) full of bugs (could be considered features but that's another discussion). And right now Youtube's and others' algorithms exacerbate those bugs ten-fold. People don't know what good sources of information are and aren't aware of how their brains are tricking themselves.

Our educational system needs to tackle this. Other than maybe our national deficit IMO this is the most important issue in our country rn.

Thinking, Fast and Slow should be mandatory to read and understand for getting a high school diploma. And there needs to be an entire semester course in all schools specifically meant to teach how to discern the legitimacy of sources of information.
As well as a class on how to research news and opinion pieces in today's digital age.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The news has been lying for decades way before Youtube existed. The weapons of mass destruction, etc.
The real problem is we are not teaching people to question what they read and watch and to ask if it makes sense. Those who do question are often called conspiracy theorists by the mob, but that's just where we are at. The fact that a lot of people believe Jeffery Epstein killed himself, that shows how dumb we've become.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:04 pm The news has been lying for decades way before Youtube existed. The weapons of mass destruction, etc.
The real problem is we are not teaching people to question what they read and watch and to ask if it makes sense. Those who do question are often called conspiracy theorists by the mob, but that's just where we are at. The fact that a lot of people believe Jeffery Epstein killed himself, that shows how dumb we've become.
Passing some of the absurd conspiracies on that you have shows the same thing. It's certainly wise to question what is told to us by the government and the media so long as you also question the alternative theories provided with the same seriousness.

Assuming one is fake while assuming the other is not isnt really questioning anything. It's just a different flavor of dumb.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »