kstate at KU Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: kstate at KU Official Gamethread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:00 amI prefer Van Gundy.
Sexist.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I like how Doris loves Joel so much and she’s probably the most on-topic color commentator out there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't find Walton amusing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Bob Knight was great for a while, then he lost interest and didn't know any of the players. Only "shot fake".
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Knight’s reputation was much greater than the product.

Most ridiculous was his lack of effort/prep as this was around the time that networks were moving from experienced commentators/journos to former players/coaches for commentary.

I suppose you could say the same about Walton, but he was a useful commentator in the past and now he is being sold as he is. You know you’re getting shtick.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah lots of broadcasters mail it in, but Knight was shameless. He’d also not-so-discetely hit the sauce in a red solo cup during broadcasts.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

At a game v Memphis at MSG ( 2009? ) we sat next to Knight's setup booth area - he had passed out and had to be woken up.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:37 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 pm I like Enaruna’s game. Way less mistakes than Grant Foster.
I like him too. I feel sometimes that maybe Self doesn’t know how coach/utilize him. He also looks intimidated/lacks confidence most of the time.
Nothing like games against K-State and Iowa State to boost a young man's confidence.

Timing is everything.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 am At a game v Memphis at MSG ( 2009? ) we sat next to Knight's setup booth area - he had passed out and had to be woken up.
Most bizarre thing I've ever seen from a commentator was a Walton game. Games going on, play by play doing his thing, all of a sudden you see Walton walking on the bottom of the screen. Few minutes go by and you see him walking back. He just got up during the middle of the action and went to the bathroom.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if instead of getting up he would use a Gatorade bottle under the table, but it was still weird to see him just abandon his job to take a piss, lol.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Walton is great when high (legal here). He makes sense then.