Patrick Mahomes

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:21 am Mahomes MVP.
Wish they’d announce all this stuff after the Super Bowl.

“ Amusingly, it is “just” Mahomes’ second MVP award, and his first since his inaugural starting campaign in 2018. Mahomes has been the most valuable player in the league his entire five-year tenure as starter, but the narratives simply weren’t good enough for the media in 2019-21. This year’s narrative included leading the league in passing and aerial scores even though the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins and replaced him with a smattering of role players. Without current peer and quickly rocketing up all-time best lists, Mahomes will look to add his second Lombardi Trophy against the Eagles in Super Bowl LVII on Sunday.”

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... =headlines
Damn! I just read something that might explain why you wish they would announce the MVP after the Super Bowl.
Well, as I have been known to say - all streaks come to an end. Let's hope this one does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... mes-is-up/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Total SBs won by Mahomes set to 3.5.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

over

only 27
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:40 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:21 am Mahomes MVP.
Wish they’d announce all this stuff after the Super Bowl.

“ Amusingly, it is “just” Mahomes’ second MVP award, and his first since his inaugural starting campaign in 2018. Mahomes has been the most valuable player in the league his entire five-year tenure as starter, but the narratives simply weren’t good enough for the media in 2019-21. This year’s narrative included leading the league in passing and aerial scores even though the Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins and replaced him with a smattering of role players. Without current peer and quickly rocketing up all-time best lists, Mahomes will look to add his second Lombardi Trophy against the Eagles in Super Bowl LVII on Sunday.”

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... =headlines
Damn! I just read something that might explain why you wish they would announce the MVP after the Super Bowl.
Well, as I have been known to say - all streaks come to an end. Let's hope this one does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... mes-is-up/
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:31 pm Total SBs won by Mahomes set to 3.5.
Total SBs won by Mahomes if the Bears would have drafted him = Probably ZERO.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's the best in the game right now, and can still be the GOAT. Still just 27.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Starting quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl wins:
7: Tom Brady
4: Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana
3: Troy Aikman
2: Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunkett, John Elway, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning,
Eli Manning, Patrick Mahomes

I am really hoping that Mahomes is able to snag at least one more and get himself up out of that pile at 2 SB wins. He may not catch Brady after losing to him head to head but he can definitely move up a few slots on this list.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Chiefs had four possessions in the second half and scored on all of them. It was the first time in 94 career starts where Mahomes led the Chiefs to a score on every drive in a second half. And he did it IN THE SUPER BOWL on a bad ankle while playing a nearly perfect half, going 13 of 14 for 126 total yards and two passing touchdowns while also scrambling for a huge 26 yard conversion on the game winning drive.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:54 am Starting quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl wins:
2: Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunkett, John Elway, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning,

I am really hoping that Mahomes is able to snag at least one more and get himself up out of that pile at 2 SB wins. He may not catch Brady after losing to him head to head but he can definitely move up a few slots on this list.
I think if Mahomes got hit by a truck tomorrow, only Brady, Montana and Manning would be regarded as being "above" him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:45 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:54 am Starting quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl wins:

I think if Mahomes got hit by a truck tomorrow, only Brady, Montana and Manning would be regarded as being "above" him.
And then, only by fans of teams they played for. Mozart didn't finish the Requiem either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes would get up from the truck accident and keep playing though.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think Montana Manning and Brady are all ahead of him all time currently.

Personally, I have Manning #2 behind Brady, and then Montana #3.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think people get all crazy hyped after Super Bowl wins.

Mahomes is great but still has a ways to go.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 pm I think people get all crazy hyped after Super Bowl wins.

I’d argue he’s a top like 7 QB of all time right now.

QBs for sure ahead of him
1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Montana
4. Rodgers
5. Marino
6. Unitas
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Way too high for Rodgers imo.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:45 pm

What's amazing is that Mahomes already has the same number of Conference Championship appearances (5) as Manning, who played forever and seemed like he went deep in the playoffs regularly. The list of guys he is tied with at 5 is crazy and he is just 27.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:29 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:17 pm I think people get all crazy hyped after Super Bowl wins.

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Montana
4. Rodgers
5. Marino
6. Unitas
Did you consider putting Favre ahead of him too? What about Brees? What about Elway? What about Young?
When it's all said and done, assuming Mahomes stays healthy, I think most if not all of us agree he's going to be top 5, if not top 3, if not #1.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think if he stays healthy and plays 10 more years it has to, by default of what his average season statistically is like, regardless of postseason results, top 3.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:31 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:29 pm

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Montana
4. Rodgers
5. Marino
6. Unitas
Did you consider putting Favre ahead of him too? What about Brees? What about Elway? What about Young?
When it's all said and done, assuming Mahomes stays healthy, I think most if not all of us agree he's going to be top 5, if not top 3, if not #1.
Better than Favre. The turnovers are just a big part of it. Very overrated. Brees probably instead of Unitas. Elway didn’t win his first title until he was 37 and he has to have a good run game to win the titles. Young was not far behind Mahomes. Young is a top 10 QB.

To play 5 seasons and in those 5 seasons you host the AFC championship game every year, goes to Super Bowl 3 times, wins 2 of those, wins one after trading away a top 3 WR and a bunch of new weapons on offense.

Oh and still just 27.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Many of you conflate longevity with greatness. Mahomes was brilliant from his first game. I have watched a lot of football. Mahomes' competition is himself and sometimes boredom against lesser teams. We are damned lucky. He took a team that had not been to the AFC championship since Montana five times in a row in his first five seasons as a starter. Without Brady's defense.