Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:15 pm it blows my mind that in a country of 330+ million people, it's this hard to find 2 among the lot who are any better than your average Giant Douche v. Turd Sandwich.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have to question the sanity of a person who wants to be the President of the USA. Especially these days.
On a related note, I couldn't name 10 people in this country who I would like to be our/my President.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:47 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:15 pm it blows my mind that in a country of 330+ million people, it's this hard to find 2 among the lot who are any better than your average Giant Douche v. Turd Sandwich.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have to question the sanity of a person who wants to be the President of the USA. Especially these days.
On a related note, I couldn't name 10 people in this country who I would like to be our/my President.
This guy gets it.

What personality type would want to be president of the United States? Who would put themselves and their families through the shit slinging inherent in the current process? Who would be willing to do whatever ethical and moral gymnastics are required to get the support of the Dem or the Repub Party and their financial backers?

Once you are president, a "regular" life is over. Only a narcissist would truly enjoy life as a former president.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:07 pm
This guy gets it.

What personality type would want to be president of the United States? Who would put themselves and their families through the shit slinging inherent in the current process? Who would be willing to do whatever ethical and moral gymnastics are required to get the support of the Dem or the Repub Party and their financial backers?

Once you are president, a "regular" life is over. Only a narcissist would truly enjoy life as a former president.
the only ones are those who sold their souls decades ago to get to that spot in the first place

the best option for president, or any leader really, likely wants nothing to do with what it takes to actually get there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps the problem is chicken-and-egg?

at least to some extent.

If running for president didn't require so much support from "financial backers," maybe there wouldn't be so many soul-selling ethical and moral gymnastics involved.

Or maybe politics by its very nature is corrupt, even before the "money equals free speech" crowd started having their way with it.

Or is it even more general than that, and the very pursuit of power is what's corrupt by its very nature
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Bill Self

...ok, it might be a while til I think of 9 more...
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

*another rerun? when do the new episodes start?*
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

One of the biggest takeaways from tonight is that Desantis is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.
Desantis winning huge and Trump candidates performing poorly.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Trump said he's going to have a big announcement on November 15th. Of course he said that yesterday on Election Day. People were focused on politics and politicians other than him and it had to be killing him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I saw something about him chooosing a VP running mate soon. Maggie Three Names? Gun Toten Lauren? Pretty sure it won't be Pence.

Anyhoo, I don't expect him to run. He won't win and may not get the nomination and it will be much more profitable to lob bombs and criticize from the sidelines.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:14 pm One of the biggest takeaways from tonight is that Desantis is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.
Seems to be headed that way. Less annoying but more dangerous in my opinion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:14 pm One of the biggest takeaways from tonight is that Desantis is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1 ... kEzlBfIDlA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:31 am I saw something about him chooosing a VP running mate soon. Maggie Three Names? Gun Toten Lauren? Pretty sure it won't be Pence.

Anyhoo, I don't expect him to run. He won't win and may not get the nomination and it will be much more profitable to lob bombs and criticize from the sidelines.
He just can't stand not being King, which is why I still expect to see him make another run at it. I just think that DeSantis will beat him in a primary if it comes down to that as DeSantis doesn't have the mountain of baggage.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

not sure baggage matters to republicans. Not any more at least. Or rather, not when it's their own guy.

A Trump v. DeSantis GOP primary could be quite the self-sabotage.

So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised to see more "dems spending millions to support campaigns of loony far right opponents" headlines, but maybe even for Trump himself this time.

I also think there really might be a chance he finds himself in actual legal hot water before 2024, but I also thought he might find himself in actual legal hot water before the midterms, and yet here we are.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:45 am
Desantis is more dangerous than Trump?

Good grief.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am

Good grief.
Yes, he is. He wants the same gross things as Trump but isn't so personally disgusting that he turns off many voters. He will also likely hire more competent people than the stable of Yes-Men and Barbies that Trump liked to surround himself with. He's much more likely to actually be able to accomplish some of the gross things that Trump wanted to do but was too incompetent to pull off.
Deleted User 863

Desantis is 1000x better/less dangerous than Trump.

And I am not a big Desantis fan.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:30 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am

Good grief.
Yes, he is. He wants the same gross things as Trump but isn't so personally disgusting that he turns off many voters. He will also likely hire more competent people than the stable of Yes-Men and Barbies that Trump liked to surround himself with. He's much more likely to actually be able to accomplish some of the gross things that Trump wanted to do but was too incompetent to pull off.
many have been saying this for several years, and not just about ronny

all it takes is someone with trump’s views, but with a knowledge of how the system works and a better ability work within the system
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

so basically, any person that the republicans nominate in 24 is too dangerous for America.

got it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I kinda wonder if at a certain point some GOP candidate who DOES have "knowledge of how the system works" would also disqualify them on the grounds they're too establishment or too much of a swamp creature to gain the MAGA fanboy treatment.

although, that may be moot, cuz the most important qualification is still prob just owning the libs.