No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am twitter loves you, and thanks you for your patronage
No kidding. He must be following The Guardian on twitter.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oup-colony
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:45 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am twitter loves you, and thanks you for your patronage

I don't want to misunderstand you, but is there something in that article you disagree with?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:20 am

I don't want to misunderstand you, but is there something in that article you disagree with?
No, I just wish he would link the articles he reads that promps his posts.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:48 pm

There are sources for those posts?

Who knew?
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It is The Villages, the largest retirement community in the world, and at one time and possibly still the place with the highest per-capita rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the country, with a hideously high ratio of Trump supporters/liberal communists, so no additional explanation seems necessary:

https://youtu.be/JwEVZx8tZu8
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:02 pm It is The Villages, the largest retirement community in the world, and at one time and possibly still the place with the highest per-capita rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the country, with a hideously high ratio of Trump supporters/liberal communists, so no additional explanation seems necessary:

Yet more people to whom you can feel superior for no valid reason. Yay?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:35 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:02 pm It is The Villages, the largest retirement community in the world, and at one time and possibly still the place with the highest per-capita rate of sexually transmitted diseases in the country, with a hideously high ratio of Trump supporters/liberal communists, so no additional explanation seems necessary:

Busted.

Can't deny that feeling proud of not being on the lam as a pos coward who punched an 87 y/o man in the face resulting in his death and then left the scene, is a pretty low bar.

But when you're me, you have to reach for affirmation from wherever and whenever you can.

WhoTF punches an 87 y/o man in the face?
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:48 pm

Busted.

Can't deny that feeling proud of not being on the lam as a pos coward who punched an 87 y/o man in the face resulting in his death and then left the scene, is a pretty low bar.

But when you're me, you have to reach for affirmation from wherever and whenever you can.

Happy Gilmore?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Busted.

Schadenfreude. You wear it well.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:51 pm

Busted.

You here on behalf of a pos who punched an 87 y/o man for no reason, who then, being the coward that he is, left the scene, is making my Friday night.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Did someone say "low bar"?

https://youtu.be/2zEZVV3sD8s
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:24 pm

Busted.

You here on behalf of a pos who punched an 87 y/o man for no reason, who then, being the coward that he is, left the scene, is making my Friday night.
Not advocating for him at all. What he did is reprehensible. But, for me, the fact that his life is effectively over as is that of his victim, is occasion for sadness, not joy.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:30 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:24 pm

Not advocating for him at all. What he did is reprehensible. But, for me, the fact that his life is effectively over as is that of his victim, is occasion for sadness, not joy.
You are the King of lighting candles at both ends.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Nope, just a celebration of a reprehensible act finally being punished.

I can guarantee that if the person was black and had punched and killed an 87 year old white man during a BLM riot that you wouldn't be here making the same stupid comments.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:29 pm

I can guarantee that if the person was black and had punched and killed an 87 year old white man during a BLM riot that you wouldn't be here making the same stupid comments.
And you would be wrong. A life is a life, and when it is lost in the blink of an eye due to an impulsive act of stupidity, it is sad, both for the man who is dead and the man who will die in prison.

Your lack of humanity is showing - and not for the first time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:42 pm

And you would be wrong. A life is a life, and when it is lost in the blink of an eye due to an impulsive act of stupidity, it is sad, both for the man who is dead and the man who will die in prison.

I feel bad for the guy who got punched and died. He'll never get a chance to get a hole in one ever again. The other guy? If he felt was wracked with guilt over the situation, he would have turned himself in.

He didn't.

If doesn't feel bad for killing someone then I don't feel bad that he is facing the consequences for his bad decision. I only feel humanity towards those who behave like humans.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

psych lecturing anyone on their lack of humanity is high-larious
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:48 pm

this you?
twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:22 pm

You can take the first sentence of something like that and put it in google and find it yourself.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

fuckin memes, right?!

I know, I know, I should just quit the socials, and stop fretting over all the lulz in the world.

it reminds me of a recent exchange with my mom. I admitted to her that the frightening perspective thread makes me depressed, like seriously gets me down. ("ecological guilt" is one term I've heard.)

We're in the midst of a mass extinction, like who knows whether this planet will even be inhabitable much longer, yet we're supposed to just keep going on with our lives like it's business as usual. But how! When the world is literally burning, how are we supposed to stop worrying about it?

to that, my mom replied, "umm have you tried just, like, not worrying about it?"

oh.

OH.

fuckin great idea mom, why didn't I think of that!

and that's just about climate change. That might be an even more cut-and-dry issue, that can and should be even easier for all of humanity to get on the same page about.

But yea, I should prob at least pump the brakes on caring about global politics, which is comparatively even more totally fucked.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:46 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:42 pm

I feel bad for the guy who got punched and died. He'll never get a chance to get a hole in one ever again. The other guy? If he felt was wracked with guilt over the situation, he would have turned himself in.

He didn't.

If doesn't feel bad for killing someone then I don't feel bad that he is facing the consequences for his bad decision. I only feel humanity towards those who behave like humans.
My bet is that he feels horrible but Aldo terrified of what awaits him. The fight or flight response is powerful and tends to overwhelm our rational nature. I guarantee he is not sleeping or eating or enjoying life at all, and he probably never will again. Deserved or not, that’s sad.