Mahomie

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Mahomie

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think his was on a drive ending play, if I'm not mistaken, that wasn't noticeable because the defense was off the field right after.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Willie Gay only Chief that didn’t practice.

Mahomes, CEH, Sammy and Fenton all did.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Breeland?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Limited. But he's in protocol too.

They have not mentioned the steps that they are in or whatnot. But Tyreek Hill was interviewed today and he kind of let it slip that he will do whatever Andy, EB and Pat tell him to do.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is really, really encouraging news for the rest of the guys. Lets hope for no further set backs on all fronts. Don't want to look to far ahead but tomorrow will the real tell tale as Thursday will be a full, live speed practice.

I am in no way surprised about Patrick though. Zero way he is missing that game on Sunday.
Last edited by holidaysmore on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:17 pm That is really, really encouraging news for the rest of the guys. Lets hope for no further set backs on all fronts. Don't want to look to far ahead but tomorrow will the real tell tale as Thursday will be a full, live speed practice.

I am in no way surprised about Patrick though. Zero way he is missing that game on Sunday.
I don’t think he had a concussion.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

During the concussion "protocol" testing he supposedly answered a question wrong. Take it for what it's worth. My guess is his head is more than clear enough to play Sunday - and play well.
I'm more concerned about his toe/foot. Which supposedly is/are ok too.
I hope he has an "A" game and shows the NFC team they're fucked if he has another one in the Super Bowl.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And at least according to the letter of the law as soon as he got up, stumbled and nearly fell over he was automatically ruled out so I not sure how him missing a question really mattered.
Regardless, by all accounts he will be a full go on Sunday and the toe could be the bigger issue if that is an issue at all. Today will be the marker for all of the guys with the longer, more 'physical' practice.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah it's been widely said that if he just sat on the ground until he got his legs under him and didn't stumble he would have been playing. But the moment he stumbled, league protocol says they can NOT come back into the game, no matter how reacted over the next 5-10 minutes.

He's going to play guys. There's no way around it. He got choked out. Lost his wits about him for a bit. Tried to get up, but stumbled, as expected after getting choked out. But he freaking ran to the locker room, doctors wouldn't allow that if he was truly concussed, and he practiced on Wednesday and according to Reid "took all the snaps"

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Now we have to wait and see about Breeland, CEH, Watkins and Fenton. I'm assuming Gay is out at this point.
If you can get all of those guys back and have a semi-healthy 15 you gotta like the Chiefs chances on Sunday.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Assuming that Mahomes plays, and his toe isn't a major issue, the question now fully turns to our defense.

And can we stop this version of Josh Allen?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: There are other factors that factor into this. The Bills have ZERO threat of a running game. The Chiefs have proven that when the opposing team has one way to beat you, they are really good at that. (Titans, Ravens, Browns, etc) but when you have a dual threat offense, the Chiefs struggle a bit. The Bills are throwing all over the place, one-dimensional offense. The Chiefs should have success.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, the Chiefs ran for more yards in their 1 game then Buffalo has had in their 2 games these playoffs.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The teams you provided we neutralized because they were run heavy.
Allen this year is another monster - and I am scared of Diggs.
How many times is Allen gonna take off for 15 yard chunks? Who will make him pay for running?

But yes, Singletary is not Chubb or Hunt.

And Allen has totally changed course but he really struggled versus us early in the year:
14-27, 122 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

They do lack a traditional running game but Josh Allen designed runs are something to keep an eye on. In that case if they want to run Allen 5 or more times you have to hit him, legally of course.

Diggs is just going to get his. He is to good of a player to try and take completely away. Really Beasley in the slot and Brown on the outside are the guys to watch. Brown, is your home run threat and Beasley is the chains mover. If I remember correctly the last time the Chiefs played the Bills Allen had guys open and he just missed them. There is also something to be said about the magnitude of playing in your first AFC Championship game. Windows get smaller and opportunities get fewer.
In the last two games the Bills on offense haven't looked out of this world good. They made enough plays when they had to. To beat the Chiefs they are going to have to be perfect and hope the Chiefs aren't. Even with the Bills defense improving I still like my chances with 15.
Holidaysmore - 2005
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Just viewed a video from practice and during warm up periods 15 look good....

Chiefs by 100.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Allen is a big dude.
Secondary will have to go low ( i.e. Snead/Honey Badger ) if presented with the chance to sack/tackle him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CEH and Watkins practiced. Bell had some swelling on knee and did not oracyice. Neither did Willie Gay.

Everyone else practiced.

Let’s go.