Weather

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:51 am Valentine's Day Parade? We doing that now?

I had to venture out to JoCo for work this morning and I can't believe all the cars and reports of cars in ditches. The local official you are speaking about tweeted at 4 am this morning that roads were bad like in almost a shocked demeanor. Everyone totally missed this one.
My older kids' schools canceled...which I somewhat understand. The worst time for the roads was right when buses needed to be doing their bus things.

As for why the littlest guppy's daycare is closed...that's a fucking mystery. A loud, needy mystery.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Very convenient. I'm not a huge fan of WFH, but the flexibility option was the entire point. We're fortunate in that sense. I imagine a lot of people are SOL today.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:00 am Very convenient. I'm not a huge fan of WFH, but the flexibility option was the entire point. We're fortunate in that sense. I imagine a lot of people are SOL today.
I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that there's this group of pushy middle-manager admin types who came up with school-from-home protocols during Covid, and get horny about trotting their babies (these protocols) back out whenever there is the slightest opportunity.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

65 here, sunny. Nice breeze at 50+ mph
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

~15” and counting

kinda wishing i’d popped on a snow blower
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Snowblower: 600 bucks well spent.
Has saved me dozens of hours so far.
Get one this offseason.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

70F here today with some wind.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

a dusting of snow this morning, still falling

Usually we have a mid February blast of snow and get 12+" we'll see...maybe this is it. Though, looks doubtful that it will be anything that strong or long lasting.

Been a very mild winter really...
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:33 am Snowblower: 600 bucks well spent.
Get one this offseason.
I need to replace mine this year. My little single cycle Honda m father in law gave me more than a decade ago just crapped out on me in this last snow storm. Something cracked and now it will seize up if it has to eject more than a tiny amount of snow. Argh.

My back is definitely not able to shovel the volume of snow my driveway has. Will keep an eye on Lowes to see if anything goes on sale at the end of the season but I am worried that we'll still get another good amount of snow at some point in the next month.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:47 am a dusting of snow this morning, still falling

Usually we have a mid February blast of snow and get 12+" we'll see...maybe this is it. Though, looks doubtful that it will be anything that strong or long lasting.

Been a very mild winter really...
perhaps I spoke to soon....up to 3-4" now and just dumping snow. Forecast says this keeps up for near 48 hours. We could easily get to 12-18" in that time at this rate.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:33 am Snowblower: 600 bucks well spent.
Get one this offseason.
^^^

Some of the best $ I ever spent.

I bought a Honda and it was so easy and kinda fun, I used to do 4 or 5 of my neighbor's driveways. (Two divorced mom's an elderly guy, etc.). I drained the gasoline and changed the oil at the end of every winter, and the next fall/winter 8-10 months later I'd fill it up with gas in its unheated garage, and it would start with one pull nearly every year. It was gobsmacking how well it ran and how easy it started.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sitting in my living room. 3:49am 2/27/23.
Look to the left outside my window. Huge flash of white light. Less than a second later BOOM!
Sounded like a bomb exploded.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wasn’t there a bunch of extreme weather this weekend?

Tomatoes sweeping across tx/ok and stuff
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I was watching Jeopardy! last night and the crawler on the bottom of the picture had every school district in Kentucky closed today. Seems we're expecting 70+ mph winds and some storms. Crazy.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Big system just moving up.
It’ll be a blizzard when it reaches us late tonight.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No power here. Went out about 4. KU (Kentucky Utility) say 8:30 am tomorrow
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Lost power yesterday. Then lost cell service. Just cot data back at halftime. Still no power. No ETA.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:38 pm Lost power yesterday. Then lost cell service. Just cot data back at halftime. Still no power. No ETA.
They don't have DVR in Kentucky?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:30 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:38 pm Lost power yesterday. Then lost cell service. Just cot data back at halftime. Still no power. No ETA.
They don't have DVR in Kentucky?
Dammit, I did it again. I looked at an Illy post and it was stupid again. Hard to run a dvr with no power.
Defense. Rebounds.