Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by jfish26 »

Vivek wants to run the country by sound bite. It’s not just an age thing, it’s that (in his relatively limited years) he has done nothing - whether within or without government - that has conferred an understanding of what government does, or how it functions.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:04 am Vivek wants to run the country by sound bite. It’s not just an age thing, it’s that (in his relatively limited years) he has done nothing - whether within or without government - that has conferred an understanding of what government does, or how it functions.
Neither has biden. In 50 years of opportunity. I'll take the young guy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:16 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:04 am Vivek wants to run the country by sound bite. It’s not just an age thing, it’s that (in his relatively limited years) he has done nothing - whether within or without government - that has conferred an understanding of what government does, or how it functions.
Neither has biden. In 50 years of opportunity. I'll take the young guy
You are diseased.

A reasonable critique of Biden is that he is too much of an insider. Too comfortable operating in government.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Randy getting paid by the lie or post? Either one is too lucrative
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Why do you hate brown people so much, Gutter? Hope and Change 2.0 is upon us, and you’re being a naysayer.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:52 am
Why do you hate brown people so much, Gutter? Hope and Change 2.0 is upon us, and you’re being a naysayer.
As I say too often, I hate all people - pretty much equally. Brown, white, black, yellow, green, pink, blue.

Not a bad analogy by you! I agree Vivek is a 2024 version of "hope and change". Yet, he offers me little hope and not much change from The Donald.
I will publicly say on 9/15/23 that if someone forced me to vote for a Republican on March 19th 2024 (Illinois Primary) I would choose Vivek over Donald.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:01 am
As I say too often, I hate all people - pretty much equally. Brown, white, black, yellow, green, pink, blue.

Not a bad analogy by you! I agree Vivek is a 2024 version of "hope and change". Yet, he offers me little hope and not much change from The Donald.
I will publicly say on 9/15/23 that if someone forced me to vote for a Republican on March 19th 2024 (Illinois Primary) I would choose Vivek over Donald.
Ramaswamy is essentially Trump with some social skills. He would do a better job of coalition-building and getting buy-in to his platform. Plus, he's a better rapper than DJT.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:27 am

Ramaswamy is essentially Trump with some social skills. He would do a better job of coalition-building and getting buy-in to his platform. Plus, he's a better rapper than DJT.
I agree to a strong but not total degree about your first sentence. I would like to agree with your second sentence but I have my doubts. Your third sentence, I probably disagree with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-3tgLuvN7g
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Does Vivek have social skills? Or social media skills?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Plus, he's a better rapper than DJT.
I have to admit, this cracked me up!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:28 am

Does Vivek have social skills? Or social media skills?
It's all relative. When comparing to Trump, the bar is pretty low to begin with.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter's edition of a daily dose of VGR!

https://twitter.com/sheilfer/status/1705113335241511055

Then you have this.....

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/statu ... 9109903493

A. Look at his smile at the beginning. As fake as Melania Trump's orgasms.
B. "Run against someone LIKE me". Who is LIKE him? Yes, I understand he is referring to a young candidate.
C. He has to comprehend Hunter and Joe are different people. Yet he brings up something about Hunter that in no way would disqualify Joe from running. Why?
D. Notice at the 2:52 mark how he starts to say "I think I can win" and stops himself from saying it and instead says he feels he can unite the country. Meanwhile, he is not a dumb man. He FULLY realizes a lot of his "policies" and "ideas" are VERY divisive.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote:...He FULLY realizes a lot of his "policies" and "ideas" are VERY divisive...
So, you're saying VGR's right on brand with republicans for the last > 50 years, and will fit right in?

Republicans are more patriotic than democrats

Republicans love America more than democrats

God loves republicans more than democrats ungodly democrats

Democrats are trying to replace you

Democrats are soft, they want to lock you in FEMA camps, take your guns away

Democrats don't believe in: law and order, fiscal responsibility,

Democrats want to give your hard-earned taxes away to welfare queens!, i.e., Black women.

Ad nauseam

Same as it ever was.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Leopard who bites off your face party 2023 version.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

My heart goes out to her. The moment what's best for patients isn't your choice, your answer, the patient is likely to suffer.

-- 2024 Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy puts his surgeon wife, Apoorva Ramaswamy, in an impossible position over the COVID-19 vaccine
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Her choice is pretty clear: leave the lying man.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:58 pm My heart goes out to her. The moment what's best for patients isn't your choice, your answer, the patient is likely to suffer.

-- 2024 Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy puts his surgeon wife, Apoorva Ramaswamy, in an impossible position over the COVID-19 vaccine
My heart goes out to her because I fully expect him to use her intellect and compassion for others as a crutch to help him try and get elected.
It would be 100% beneficial for him and his advisors to promote the shit out of her in regards to comparisons to the other potential First Ladies.
My uneducated question is - Has he/she said if she would step away from the "medical field" if he was elected President?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:35 am
Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:58 pm My heart goes out to her. The moment what's best for patients isn't your choice, your answer, the patient is likely to suffer.

My heart goes out to her because I fully expect him to use her intellect and compassion for others as a crutch to help him try and get elected.
It would be 100% beneficial for him and his advisors to promote the shit out of her in regards to comparisons to the other potential First Ladies.
My uneducated question is - Has he/she said if she would step away from the "medical field" if he was elected President?
IMO, she looks pretty young, so I wouldn't expect her to. It takes too much time and effort to get where she is, to give it all away and not keep your skills sharp and up to date with advances in the field. It could also be expected to erode the confidence of the physicians who refer patients to her for surgery if she stepped away for any length of time.

Not to mention, because the gauntlet she's run to get where she is is particularly difficult for a female in such a male-dominated, "macho" field, to choose to walk away from, at such a young age.

I could be wrong.
Anand Giridharadas