Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Mahomie

Post by Sparko »

Not sure we’ll see Fischer or Schwartz again unfortunately. But draft should help. The game got out of hand after all the penalties. The defense just got gassed. I thought Jones and Clark played well until that 5th major penalty or so. Stram used to play run-oriented games with key injuries. He could usually keep them close. Just didn’t feel like yesterday would work out when they took the interception away. Very familiar feeling against Brady.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It just sort of felt like the Villanova Final Four game. Just clear from the very beginning that we were in for a curb-stomping.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not sure how long Brady goes, but Mahomes is 2-3 against Brady all time. I think it’s safe to say that Brady will probably be only QB with a winning record against Mahomes with a minimum of like 3 games.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:15 pm I've now watched mahomes play 2 nfl games, both superbowls. He's been pretty meh in both.

Sorry to all you chiefs fans if I'm a negative jinx.

I hear he's good.
So just saw this. If you didn't think he was good last night you are insane. Dude's line didn't block and he had to run around, on a bum foot, and his receivers and running backs and Kelce had a total of probably 5 drops. 2 of those off the facemask.

The dude basically had a free rusher in his face moments after the snap, even as 4 guys rushed against 5 blockers. And even when he got away, he was throwing a ball 30 yards while parallel with the ground, spinning and chucking a ball that is catchable.

I'll just say this. If the QBs changed teams last night, the margin would have been 50.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:49 amI'll just say this. If the QBs changed teams last night, the margin would have been 50.
Not enough talk this morning about how bad the Chiefs defense was last night. Bucs going into eating clock mode early into the 4th up by 22 is something no one would have predicted.

Bucs dominated the middle quarters with adjustments and taking advantage of poor tackling. Part of the penalty gap in the 2nd quarter was just how easy it was for Tampa to keep the ball.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:55 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:49 amI'll just say this. If the QBs changed teams last night, the margin would have been 50.
Not enough talk this morning about how bad the Chiefs defense was last night. Bucs going into eating clock mode early into the 4th up by 22 is something no one would have predicted.

Bucs dominated the middle quarters with adjustments and taking advantage of poor tackling. Part of the penalty gap in the 2nd quarter was just how easy it was for Tampa to keep the ball.
The play by the LBs and Sorensen was absolutely terrible. Brady was like 10-13 for 140 in play action passes with a TD or something like that. Just atrocious.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

There is a million things I want to say but what sums it up for me is I have ZERO clue who that Chiefs team was last night. ZERO. They had issues that schemes, game plan, Mahomes and just being better than everyone else could hide but I didn't see it going that way at all. It was odd to see a team who has been their before (meaning the Super Bowl), veteran leadership and been through just about every scenario you can think of just mentally and physically fall apart. The last 2 minutes of the first half broke them. Andy, with a vintage Andy clock management blunder and then a dumb penalty broke them. You had Ty lose his cool. Breeland was getting into with Tyreek on the sideline. They flat out crumbled right there and could never recover.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:59 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:55 am

The play by the LBs and Sorensen was absolutely terrible. Brady was like 10-13 for 140 in play action passes with a TD or something like that. Just atrocious.
And Breeland might have been even worse. Just atrocious.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:49 am
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:15 pm I've now watched mahomes play 2 nfl games, both superbowls. He's been pretty meh in both.

I hear he's good.
So just saw this. If you didn't think he was good last night you are insane. Dude's line didn't block and he had to run around, on a bum foot, and his receivers and running backs and Kelce had a total of probably 5 drops. 2 of those off the facemask.

The dude basically had a free rusher in his face moments after the snap, even as 4 guys rushed against 5 blockers. And even when he got away, he was throwing a ball 30 yards while parallel with the ground, spinning and chucking a ball that is catchable.

I'll just say this. If the QBs changed teams last night, the margin would have been 50.
The 4th down throw he almost completed, hit the dude in the facemask, while his head was below his feet was impressive.

My point was more about me being a jinx. It's my understanding that his two superbowls are among his most pedestrian games, and those are the two I've seen.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I thought he was really good last night and was not helped out at all by his receivers. I wonder, though, being that he hasn't had his best games at the end if he's going to be a guy that gets worn down in the playoffs. It's something he'll adjust to and has said he wants to learn from Brady. Injuries is his biggest roadblock.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:10 am

I hear he's good.

The 4th down throw he almost completed, hit the dude in the facemask, while his head was below his feet was impressive.

My point was more about me being a jinx. It's my understanding that his two superbowls are among his most pedestrian games, and those are the two I've seen.
I didn't read your first sentence about how you have watched him play 2 games. My bad. My point still stands.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am I thought he was really good last night and was not helped out at all by his receivers. I wonder, though, being that he hasn't had his best games at the end if he's going to be a guy that gets worn down in the playoffs. It's something he'll adjust to and has said he wants to learn from Brady. Injuries is his biggest roadblock.
I mean to be fair. He's averaging 290 yards per game with a 17 TD to 4 INT ratio in all playoff games. Only INTs happened in Super Bowl. Kind of crazy. At a certain point, KC is just going to have to draft and develop OL in the first rounds. Keep him upright because he can do anything with just about any receiver. But he has to stay on his feet and feel comfortable.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am I thought he was really good last night and was not helped out at all by his receivers. I wonder, though, being that he hasn't had his best games at the end if he's going to be a guy that gets worn down in the playoffs. It's something he'll adjust to and has said he wants to learn from Brady. Injuries is his biggest roadblock.
I think there's too much noise to know for sure. You're right that it seems there's something more often than not. But, he was also great, brilliant and brilliant in his three AFC title games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Between the ridiculous 2 MVP votes and last night, Mahomes is going to roast next season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:24 am Between the ridiculous 2 MVP votes and last night, Mahomes is going to roast next season.
The loot train attack scene from Game of Thrones comes to mind.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:16 am

I didn't read your first sentence about how you have watched him play 2 games. My bad. My point still stands.
so does mine.

So, who are we blaming? Me? Reid...does last years win get rid of the reputation he had prior or does last night rekindle it? Mahomes? or is it entirely on the O-line?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:31 am

so does mine.

So, who are we blaming? Me? Reid...does last years win get rid of the reputation he had prior or does last night rekindle it? Mahomes? or is it entirely on the O-line?
I think the lines will get, deservedly, most of the attention.

What might never be known, though, is how much the events of the last several days influenced preparation and focus.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:31 am

so does mine.

I think the lines will get, deservedly, most of the attention.

What might never be known, though, is how much the events of the last several days influenced preparation and focus.
They do gameplan the week before. The actual week of Super Bowl is all walkthrough and follow through on that. So the preparation part should be irrelevant. But focus might have been altered for sure.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It looked like the Bucs played a ton of zone coverage and in the first meeting they played man. Sounds like the Chiefs thought they would play more man and they didn't. Chiefs were never able to adjust. Offensive line played poor but this also falls in the lap of Hardman, Pringle, and Robinson. It wasn't like Tampa played a defense we have never seen before. Double Tyreek, take away Kelce and make someone else beat you. Last night no one stepped out to fill that void. Notice how I left out Hammy Watkins. He couldn't even finish the game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

don’t recall seeing a single pass to a back out of the backfield

that might’ve helped a bit