Mahomie

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Mahomie

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think there were a handful. Hill had one and CEH and Williams each had 2. But runs in the first half would have helped tremendously.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Granted you are running right into Suh and Vita Vea but you had to do something to at least make them honest. Jet sweeps. Delayed draws. Where was the screen game to Hill and Hardman. If you have safeties playing 20 yards deep and bailing and at least one LB who is keying on Kelce where was the check downs to Hardman that worked so well against Buffalo? If Andy is the offensive genius we all believe he is it did not show last night. If they had come out with the game plan they started out the second half things might have gone different. Run CEH. Make those safeties come down and then you take your shots.
Last night was an ill fated game plan followed by even worse adjustments.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:48 am Granted you are running right into Suh and Vita Vea but you had to do something to at least make them honest. Jet sweeps. Delayed draws. Where was the screen game to Hill and Hardman. If you have safeties playing 20 yards deep and bailing and at least one LB who is keying on Kelce where was the check downs to Hardman that worked so well against Buffalo? If Andy is the offensive genius we all believe he is it did not show last night. If they had come out with the game plan they started out the second half things might have gone different. Run CEH. Make those safeties come down and then you take your shots.
Last night was an ill fated game plan followed by even worse adjustments.
Totally agree. Spent two weeks hearing how the Chiefs were the "beat you however you want to play" team. Instead, it feels like we had an obviously-stillborn plan of attack, and yet did nothing to change course.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Which is odd because they beat numerous teams on the ground. Specifically at Buffalo. Ran for 250+ against them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Did not see one trick play. The events of the last several days have been devastating to Reid I think. With the patchwork line, really needed the defense to step up. And a run scheme. It was a road game with a lot of injured Chiefs. Watkins was needed last night too. The refs piss me off because as a Chiefs fan, that crap always seems to happen. But they should be quietly sanctioned and broken apart as a team.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good video. All the little things added up to be big things.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/135 ... 15140?s=21

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:14 pm Which is odd because they beat numerous teams on the ground. Specifically at Buffalo. Ran for 250+ against them.
I am very far from a football knower, but it seemed bizarre to me that we weren't seeing screens/draws/jet sweeps etc. Very obviously something needed to be done to counter the push Tampa was getting on demand.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:14 pm Which is odd because they beat numerous teams on the ground. Specifically at Buffalo. Ran for 250+ against them.
I am very far from a football knower, but it seemed bizarre to me that we weren't seeing screens/draws/jet sweeps etc. Very obviously something needed to be done to counter the push Tampa was getting on demand.
They tried some screens but the Chiefs OL was also so slow on top of everything else, they couldn't get out there to block.

The jet sweeps have seemed to have been eliminated from the playbook, which I don't fully get. I think Andy tries to be soooo far out in front of the game, he forgot about the stuff that made his offenses really successful in the last 2 to 3 years. The fake jet sweep with the running back catching the pitch going where the WR started from is a play that is really good, but yet we haven't seen it since like late 2018.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 pm Good video. All the little things added up to be big things.

I just don't understand the ridiculous amount of “Mahomes is a system QB and not that great” hot takes I’ve seen today. It just reinforces that fans have to regurgitate the same damn narratives over and over.

So many drops and attempts to catch balls with helmets.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:18 pm Good video. All the little things added up to be big things.

Now add to these:

Very soft defensive holding call that negated an INT
2 questionable pass interference calls (not catchable) that led to TD
Very soft unsportsmanlike on Jones
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm

I just don't understand the ridiculous amount of “Mahomes is a system QB and not that great” hot takes I’ve seen today. It just reinforces that fans have to regurgitate the same damn narratives over and over.

So many drops and attempts to catch balls with helmets.
With a shitty offensive line, a turf toe injury that is going to have surgery within a couple of weeks, it's a miracle he threw for almost 300 yards. He FREAKING RAN 500 yards before he threw the ball last night, not because he wanted to, but because he had to.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If you say Mahomes is overrated and does not show up in big games after watching that you need to re-evaluate if football is for you.

1. That makes you feel better that attempts were made to slow down the edge rushers via chips. Most of the time guys wiffed. I mean individually as a line there were so awful snaps inside and out. That is pathetic.

2. Homer take here but on that play that Robinson missed (more to that later) you can body check CEH out of bounds and Kelce gets mugged to the ground in the damn zone and nothing gets called. Interesting.

3. Baldy hit it spot on. Skills guys let him down in crucial, crucial moments. Those are plays you have to make especially in huge games. They weren't the easiest plays to make, i.e. Robinson but those are the difference between rings and runner up.

4. How can you not walk away from that clip and not have anything but respect for the grit and determination that 15 showed. Unreal. Banged up toe. Patch work offensive line. Skill guys letting him down left and right and he never quit. We all knew he was special but last night showed me that he simply will not stop until the clock hits 0:00.

5. This upcoming season might be the make or break year for Hardman if he ever wants to be more than just a 'fast' guy. Again, for a guy like Hardman in big games you don't get many opportunities to make a difference and when your number gets called you have to take advantage. What does Mecole do? Blows it on the route going down the sideline.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feels to me like if it was going to happen with Hardman, we'd have seen it. Besides, we need a #2 who is more in the Watkins mold.

The good thing is that KC should now be the prime landing spot for ring-chasers on affordable deals.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would let go off Robinson and Hammy and kick the tires on AJ Green.

1. OL
2. LB
3. WR
4. CB
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:27 pm I would let go off Robinson and Hammy and kick the tires on AJ Green.

1. OL
2. LB
3. WR
4. CB
They need to figure out whether Schwartz can play again. Niang will help, but having to replace two tackles would suck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We coulda and shoulda had DK Metcalf.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I gotta assume that Schwartz is going to be a full time dog dad and chef. LDT, maybe Osmele you try out and Niang. That is also assuming Fish makes a full recovery to the player he was pre-injury.

I'll give Veach a pass on DK, because no pun intended everyone else passed on DK.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:39 pm We coulda and shoulda had DK Metcalf.
You'll make yourself sick doing this with the draft. Metcalf was really not unlike Hardman; physical freak, not much production. Sometimes those guys turn into Tyreek Hill. Sometimes they stay Mecole Hardman.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Worst case scenario he stays a gadget guy and you go find another legit 2. This offseason will be critical for him. Him missing OTAs and the preseason set him back. It was clear he and Mahomes were really never on the same page.
I know this isn't Andy's preferred WR but I believe a bigger more physical guy who can beat press would be nice. Red zone, jump ball target.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:47 pm Worst case scenario he stays a gadget guy and you go find another legit 2. This offseason will be critical for him. Him missing OTAs and the preseason set him back. It was clear he and Mahomes were really never on the same page.
I know this isn't Andy's preferred WR but I believe a bigger more physical guy who can beat press would be nice. Red zone, jump ball target.
Can they fit Marvin Jones? He would seem ideal.

Breshad Perriman, Corey Davis

I'd say Will Fuller, but he's basically Watkins all over again.