Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by ousdahl »

Roi is 69

Boeheim is 74

K is 72

Why again would Self wanna hang it up so much sooner than those dudes?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also I’m mildly surprised K is “only” 72.

It’s hard to tell his age with that whole undead vampire thing going for him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Self has a chance to put his stamp on history for a just cause.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, yeah.

Self could free the slaves, er, student ath-o-letes!
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 pm Self has a chance to put his stamp on history for a just cause.
Yes, he does....but denying he knew anything about "it" is ruining his chance. Not to mention making him look foolish, as we all can read those texts and come to a pretty safe conclusion about his relationship with Gasnolla and what was being discussed.

K or Calipari would be a lot more equipped and willing to wage war via media and public opinion imo. Self has decided to go the denial route. Can't blame Self, but wish he'd just tell it like it truly is and take whatever punishment is dished out by the ncaa as it crumbles to the ground. They've been well aware of this stuff for decades, and their "I'm so shocked" routine is about as convincing as Self has been about not knowing about Adidas/Gasnolla's role in recruiting.

Self is making himself look like a cheater, whereas I think K or Calipari would find a way into portraying themselves as victims and/or saviors for these players who often times come from poverty.
Deleted User 286

I can see Calipari now....

"You think I care Nike gave "so and so" $75k?...you know how much revenue is generated by our games each year?...I have seen where "so and so" grew up in a shack on a side of town "you'd" all be scared to be in....he deserved that money. Who am I to tell them not to take it. This goes on everyday. Everywhere."

He'd be on TV non stop. Publicity tours. Public rallies. The works, I'm sure. Same with K.
Last edited by Deleted User 286 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Self and KU have said next to nothing publicly. Those projections are your own.

What can't be denied is the unique position Bill is in. K and Calipari are (hopefully) allies in the good fight, but they aren't in Bill's shoes at the moment. That's where Bill can be useful. Coaches have a lot of power here and Bill is not the type to bow out.
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

HAVE A GUY FROM THE JUCO IS NOT A BADTHING
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
Deleted User 286

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:29 pm Self and KU have said next to nothing publicly. Those projections are your own.

What can't be denied is the unique position Bill is in. K and Calipari are (hopefully) allies in the good fight, but they aren't in Bill's shoes at the moment. That's where Bill can be useful. Coaches have a lot of power here and Bill is not the type to bow out.
He's sort of bowing out by not saying anything. All he's doing is playing stupid, which is fine (and probably the recommendation of attorneys), but it's not going to change anything. And we all saw the texts. Draw your own conclusions, but it's pretty obvious he knew the role Adidas was playing.

He's in a bad spot (for what I want him to say) because we haven't even been punished yet. If we just get some light punishment then there's no reason for him to go all suicide bomber style and take himself and the ncaa down with him.

I just wish these coaches would be honest that this is exactly how things operate (and it isn't going to change) and has been for 3+ decades.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why would they when admitting fault has resulted in a tougher punishment when denying has gotten programs that deserved the 'death penalty' off completely unscathed?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:29 pm I can see Calipari now....

"You think I care Nike gave "so and so" $75k?...you know how much revenue is generated by our games each year?...I have seen where "so and so" grew up in a shack on a side of town "you'd" all be scared to be in....he deserved that money. Who am I to tell them not to take it. This goes on everyday. Everywhere."

He'd be on TV non stop. Publicity tours. Public rallies. The works, I'm sure. Same with K.
You forget K already went the denial route before he or his staff was even implicated?

“We haven’t followed it that much, to be quite frank,” Krzyzewski said at a Monday news conference. “I think it’s minute. It’s a blip. It’s what’s happening — I mean it’s not.”

Sounds like denial to me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:12 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:29 pm Self and KU have said next to nothing publicly. Those projections are your own.

He's sort of bowing out by not saying anything. All he's doing is playing stupid, which is fine (and probably the recommendation of attorneys), but it's not going to change anything. And we all saw the texts. Draw your own conclusions, but it's pretty obvious he knew the role Adidas was playing.

He's in a bad spot (for what I want him to say) because we haven't even been punished yet. If we just get some light punishment then there's no reason for him to go all suicide bomber style and take himself and the ncaa down with him.

I just wish these coaches would be honest that this is exactly how things operate (and it isn't going to change) and has been for 3+ decades.
Don't blow a gasket, we're in the infant stages of everything.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Illy is the original chicken little
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As much as I want Bill to blow up (which is: a lot!), this isn't the time. Do that now, and you're tacitly admitting everything in the NOA is true, and possibly setting yourself up for a ban now. Silly to do that with a title-contending roster. Let March (and hopefully April) shake out as it will, and then have a view of the lay of the land.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Right, let the NCAA have its pound of flesh and/or let the courts drag it out. Once that is cleared up, there is a right path forward that Bill needs to be part of.

I honestly think this whole thing is re-energizing him, so the 50/50 he comes back to KU in 2020-21 comments are quite odd to me.
Deleted User 286

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:24 am

You forget K already went the denial route before he or his staff was even implicated?

“We haven’t followed it that much, to be quite frank,” Krzyzewski said at a Monday news conference. “I think it’s minute. It’s a blip. It’s what’s happening — I mean it’s not.”

I didn't forget.

K wasn't caught red handed (yet)..no K texts or phone calls. No duke assistants texts or phone calls.
Deleted User 286

Cascadia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am Illy is the original chicken little
I don't think that phrase means what you think it means....me wanting Bill to tell it like it is would be the exact opposite of being chicken little. It would be his death sentence, but it may very well force change. Although change is coming anyway, so like was mentioned above this is early stages and he may very well do what I'm wanting once the punishment is handed down.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am Illy is the original chicken little
I don't think that phrase means what you think it means....me wanting Bill to tell it like it is would be the exact opposite of being chicken little. It would be his death sentence, but it may very well force change. Although change is coming anyway, so like was mentioned above this is early stages and he may very well do what I'm wanting once the punishment is handed down.
You misinterpret things and then overreact.

i.e. chicken little
Deleted User 286

I don't know what I misinterpreted, but if you're speaking of the Self texts to Gassnolla then LOL.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:59 am
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:24 am

I didn't forget.

K wasn't caught red handed (yet)..no K texts or phone calls. No duke assistants texts or phone calls.
And you believe his tone would change to "Yea, we had him paid. So what?" if he were to be caught with a text?

You're given a lot of credit to a guy who spends more time trying to discipline players on opposing teams than he does players on his own team.