Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by pdub »

BUD and I are trying a new thing.
We're cancelling all but two streaming services and will do so for a few months.
Then we'll cancel those and catch back up on good/recommended shows on other streaming services.

They just keep raising the rates and it's not worth it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s no longer cheaper for us to stream than have cable, so we’re doing the same

we save a ton by only doing Sling during b-ball season
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:22 am BUD and I are trying a new thing.
We're cancelling all but two streaming services and will do so for a few months.
Then we'll cancel those and catch back up on good/recommended shows on other streaming services.

They just keep raising the rates and it's not worth it.
yea I think thats our plan also.

we'll do Prime and Sling then in the summer switch to Netflix and Hulu maybe.....or maybe just leave it alone I don't know yet
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Time is a flat circle. The industry is basically inventing, and then scrapping, cable. Over and over again.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

friends is a very good show. but like most sitcoms it began to lose steam around season 5 or 6. but the first 4 or 5 seasons is good television.

everybody loves raymond might be the only sitcom that never really fell apart at the end.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:31 pm everybody loves raymond might be the only sitcom that never really fell apart at the end.
Oh boy.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:47 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:31 pm everybody loves raymond might be the only sitcom that never really fell apart at the end.
Oh boy.
Choices are few when you are still using rabbit ears and foil
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:33 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:47 pm
Oh boy.
Choices are few when you are still using rabbit ears and foil
you’re giving him too much credit with the foil

that would represent next-level problem solving
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

True.
If he indeed had foil, he would fashion it into a nice hat
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

exactly
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:31 pm friends is a very good show. but like most sitcoms it began to lose steam around season 5 or 6. but the first 4 or 5 seasons is good television.

everybody loves raymond might be the only sitcom that never really fell apart at the end.
Cousin Oliver disagrees. Man that was late series gold
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:50 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqfVE-fykk
that’s excellent
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 am
pdub wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:50 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqfVE-fykk
that’s excellent
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We have been watching "The Great" on Hulu. I didn't have high hopes for it, but it has turned out to be funny as hell. Dark raunchy humor.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Snowflake Mountain

gotta give at least one episode a shot…might regret it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sci fi day on TCM. Just finished Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the Last of Us II confirmed…second season on HBO, AND a new game. apparently there is overlap being built in
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Barbie movie was fun.
It was also pretty expected as if, without knowing anything about it, I could have generally guessed the plot, ( not the Ken takeover but Barbie having to break out into the real world and find out who she really was ) but that’s not a big deal as they executed it well.

I can’t agree with the shitting on traditional masculinity ( even aggressive “traditional” masculinity shouldn’t automatically be assumed the incorrect way to be ) but I can agree with the presentation of the struggles that women have to face on a daily basis which comes out in Barbie’s realization and her “owners” rant towards the end of the movie.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

watching Hell on Wheels again, kinda forgot about it. Its a really underrated series.
Just Ledoux it