Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

Indeed Bill has more championship rings than MJ. So does Robert Horry.
Yes, of course Bill accomplished things MJ didn't but meanwhile, Bill never won 3 championships AND 3 scoring titles AND was named Finals MVP 3 times AND league MVP twice AND was named All Defensive First team 3 times AND missed 0 games in a 32 month span.
amiright?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MJ benefited as no other player from the NBA absolutely needing a league resurrecting super star. He got Special treatment too. So Wilt and Russell are better choices IMHO. MJ was given the keys to the city.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:20 pm MJ benefited as no other player from the NBA absolutely needing a league resurrecting super star. He got Special treatment too. So Wilt and Russell are better choices IMHO. MJ was given the keys to the city.
He got some special treatment but not as much as some other superstars. Lebron literally walks as round with the ball in his hands without dribbling and if he misses a shot and no foul is called there is a full meltdown.

Kobe got more special treatment then MJ too.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:20 pm MJ benefited as no other player from the NBA absolutely needing a league resurrecting super star. He got Special treatment too. So Wilt and Russell are better choices IMHO. MJ was given the keys to the city.
I respect your opinion but my guess is most people don't consider Russell to be one of the top 5 players of all time off the top of their head/s.

To clarify for others who think I am 100% for MJ being considered GOAT, that's not necessarily true.
I feel without question others should be considered and a few just may be the GOAT over MJ.
I might choose Wilt and LeBron over MJ.
I'm a Chicagoan who felt Magic was possibly as talented of an all around Basketball player as MJ was.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone see the special on Dr J? Dood was pretty good. And had that sweet 'fro.
Defense. Rebounds.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:41 am
I respect your opinion but my guess is most people don't consider Russell to be one of the top 5 players of all time off the top of their head/s.
My guess is the only people that wouldn't consider him are the same people who use "6 rings" as the main argument for MJ then stutter and stumble for an answer when you mention Russell's 11.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

With today's rules, Jordan would average 40 ppg.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:40 am With today's rules, Jordan would average 40 ppg.
Maybe 45. He’d definitely punk Harden
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Not the GOAT, but a fucking boss.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Stanley Clarke!

I heard him playing at the Scientology Christmas party on Grand Blvd just a couple of weeks ago.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LeBron gets a lot of contact that doesn’t get called as well. His style and the fact he’s a speeding freight train of a player leaves a lot of possible whistles in the refs pocket.

I’m not a Bron fan either—but do think he is in the GOAT convo and disagree with the “special treatment” comment.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:40 am With today's rules, Jordan would average 40 ppg.
In 1986 rules, LeBron would average 30ppg, 15 rpg and 12 apg.

This whole "throw random, unprovable claims out there as some sort of relevant thing" is fun.

How about " with today's medical treatments and physical training, Mickey Mantle would have hit 800 home runs".

Anyone got any other good ones? Remember, it has to be completely unsupportable.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:03 pm
He got some special treatment but not as much as some other superstars. Lebron literally walks as round with the ball in his hands without dribbling and if he misses a shot and no foul is called there is a full meltdown.

Go to youtube and type "michael jordan travels twice on the same play" and watch MJ get away with travelling twice on the same play in the Eastern Conference Semis.

Or "michael jordan 5 steps"

Or "michael jordan travelling compilation"

Etc...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Weird. You disagree with me? Never happened before.

Also weird. You have no ability to watch basketball and comprehend any of it. Odd.

Oh and Dotson sucks.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:00 pm Weird. You disagree with me? Never happened before.

Also weird. You have no ability to watch basketball and comprehend any of it. Odd.

Oh and Dotson sucks.
Dotson may be the fastest dood in college hoops. I love to watch him play. Needs to keep his head in the game for all 40 minutes.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dotsons awesome. Love watching him play and think he is the most important piece of this team. I was making fun of two coach's Villanova meltdown.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:35 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Go to youtube and type "michael jordan travels twice on the same play" and watch MJ get away with travelling twice on the same play in the Eastern Conference Semis.

Or "michael jordan 5 steps"

Or "michael jordan travelling compilation"

Etc...
You are really reaching.

I went to Youtube and typed Michael Jordan travels twice on the same play". Please tell me what NBA player/s would have been called for traveling for doing the same thing/s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj_v_innjnA

Then I typed in Michael Jordan 5 steps. He WAS called for traveling. What's your beef with that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LktMbXNPQ
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

To be fair, if anybody hand checked lebron like that he’d flop over flailing then look at the nearest ref to pout.