Och

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Och

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:56 pm Totally planned. Waters was so confused.
Stupid like a fox.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But really did he think that he had to switch? What the hell was that?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:13 pm But really did he think that he had to switch? What the hell was that?
a bullet dodged
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea.
Dude hit four guarded threes in 50 seconds in his game prior and missed a completely wide open one.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Waters isn't good when given time to think. Can't stand that guy since his choke takedown on, I forget, either BIFM or JJ
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It was a great effort game but a pretty bad mental game. The miscommunication at the end fit right into it. 2 guys trying really hard but not talking.
Deleted User 89

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Interesting.
But if Quentin told Chai to rotate, i'd think that Quentin would have switched too.
Got pretty fortunate the best 3 point shooter in the B12 missed that.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:00 pm He did have that WTF look on his face
That's just his normal look. :-)
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 02889.html

Och was thinking about throwing his name in the NBA Draft...

Just another example about the NBA Draft entry rules changing and why it means so many more players will be declaring for the draft - even just to get info. Like Dotson.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

So from now on, pretty much every year we're going to have our entire team declare for the draft, and then we'll have 70-80% of our guys not get drafted and return?
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

lobster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 pm So from now on, pretty much every year we're going to have our entire team declare for the draft, and then we'll have 70-80% of our guys not get drafted and return?
Looks like it. Kinda stupid not to do it, unless you can't afford to pay an agent. Everyone should do it.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I think it's great for the players that they are now allowed to do this.
Deleted User 89

with so many more bodies, i gotta think the evaluations won’t be as thorough, and the feedback isn’t going to be as good, as they might have been otherwise
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Only so many get invited to the stuff anyway, so the process may not be very long for guys outside the top 80ish or so prospects....which will hopefully ease some of the recruiting/roster concerns for college staffs.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I'm all for these changing rules, and I would like to see the suggested one and done rule changes implemented. However, it could potentially be bad for someone like Joel Embiid. I don't think he knew how good he was before he entered KU, or maybe he just progressed really fast. Either way, forcing a guy like that to stay multiple years would not be fair for him. Realistically, we're not going to see many cases like that. Zion knew he was NBA ready before he even considered Duke.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:01 pm Only so many get invited to the stuff anyway, so the process may not be very long for guys outside the top 80ish or so prospects....which will hopefully ease some of the recruiting/roster concerns for college staffs.
See, e.g., Lagerald Vick
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

lobster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:11 pm I'm all for these changing rules, and I would like to see the suggested one and done rule changes implemented. However, it could potentially be bad for someone like Joel Embiid. I don't think he knew how good he was before he entered KU, or maybe he just progressed really fast. Either way, forcing a guy like that to stay multiple years would not be fair for him. Realistically, we're not going to see many cases like that. Zion knew he was NBA ready before he even considered Duke.
You can't force kids to stay in school. The NBA rule called the one and done rule may be changed but there will still be players that only play for one year.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

vmlb wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:40 pm
lobster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 pm So from now on, pretty much every year we're going to have our entire team declare for the draft, and then we'll have 70-80% of our guys not get drafted and return?
Looks like it. Kinda stupid not to do it, unless you can't afford to pay an agent. Everyone should do it.
Did I miss the rule change where they changed it from you can only withdraw once? Example being Dotson declares this year, comes back, and declares again next year. The 2nd time takes away your college eligibility, no?

It's stupid in that sense. Why declare to get feedback if you know 99.9999% you're coming back anyway? Put you in a tough spot the 2nd time you declare if something were to happen (Rush).