Xavier 68
Nice guess!
Thanks! If only this were real i would be more excited
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KCrim March Madness

Post by pdub »

I think we play the winners of the East.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

4 Maryland 56 v 7 Houston 53

Mark Turgeon gets back to the Final Four, this time as a coach, as his Terps just sneak by Houston, in a low scoring game marred with turnovers.
Both teams can't shake the nerves in the first half, each shooting under 25% from the field, with the score at the break 21-19 Houston.
In the last minute, both teams take the lead, with Houston going up 53-52 on a Nate Hinton putback, and Maryland up 54-53 with an Anthony Cowan jumper.
Houston, with the ball with 20 seconds left to play, milks the clock down to 5, and Caleb Mills misses a 15 footer, forcing the Cougars to foul.

Fabiar White Jr ( Houston ) 15 points, 5 rebounds.
Quentin Grimes 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 3-9 FG.

Anthony Cowan 14 points, 6 rebounds.
Jalen Smith 10 points, 11 rebounds.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

If I was cbssports, I’d be replaying full tournaments Thur-Sun. So much video available.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'm not liking that Maryland is in the Final Four with us. Reminds me of the 2002. That was JUNK!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

4 Creighton 71 v 2 Florida State 82

The ACC champs are led to a comfortable victory behind freshman star Patrick Williams' 26 points as Florida State is the last team in to the Final Four.
Creighton cut the game to 3 points late in the 2nd half after a 9-0 run with 2 3 pointers by Marcus Zegarowski, but Williams' steal and windmill dunk took all momentum away.
The Seminoles grew the lead to 15 at the foul line in the next 2 minutes and the Bluejays went 3-11 for the remainder of the game.
Florida State was almost perfect from the stripe shooting 20-22.

Patrick Williams 26 points, 5 rebounds.
Devin Vassell 14 points, 4 steals.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Final Four set.
1 Kansas v 2 Florida State
10 Providence v 4 Maryland

https://www.kansascrimson.com/kmadness/crimmadness.html
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

East Coast bias and Kansas homer shit going on right here.

:)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was surprised with Providence but looking at their last 10 games: wins v Marquette, Seton Hall, Creighton and Villanova.
Deleted User 289

Not so funny thing is I thought the way the tournament was playing out, we were going to face Providence in the semi-final so I started doing a know your phoe for them.
Highlight of my research was learning that Luwane Pipkins has brothers named Duwane, Juwane, and Kewane.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

hey gutter, save it for the final!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KU 77
FSU 72
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

hoopla wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:14 am hey gutter, save it for the final!
I like the way you think! Doesn't matter to me who we face, as long as we get there.
Deleted User 289

Sorry kids, this is going to be an extremely abbreviated version.
Just realized the game is tomorrow so I felt I needed to at least do something asap.
I'll try and do better when we know our National Championship opponent.
Here ya go.

Know Your Phoe.....

FSU Seminoles

FSU is located in Tallahassee Florida
Their colors are Garnet and Gold
Their BASKETBALL Mascot is named Cimarron and he's/she's a horse. Not an Indian.

Florida State is ranked #4 in the AP and #5 in the Coach's poll.
They were 26-5 in the regular season and finished in 1st place in the ACC with a 16-4 conference record.

They averaged 75 ppg (75th), 35.5 rpg (215th), 13.2 apg (194th), and gave up 65.7 ppg (I don't know where that ranked).

Their coach is Leonard Hamilton and he's in his 18th year at FSU. His best tournament finish was making the Elite 8 in 2018.

I have no clue how and why FSU is as good as they are. They really have no outstanding players. They have two very nice players in Devin Vassell and Trent Forrest.

Vassell is a 6'6" Guard who averaged 12.7 points per game and 5.1 rebounds. Shot 41.5% from behind the 3 point line.

Forrest is a 6'4" Guard who averaged 11.6 points per game, 4.4 rebounds, and 4 assists per game. He is in no way a 3 point threat.
Side note on Forrest is that he is the nephew of one of my favorite former college football players - Amp Lee.

While I did pick FSU to win the National Championship in the pdub tourney, I am going to predict a 78-69 KU victory.
BEAK 'EM!
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Let’s get on with it!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

4 Maryland 77 v 10 Providence 83

The Friars continue their miracle run, a team on fire, competely burning down the nets in a clinic. Maryland, down 15 at half, pulls the game to 3 with 4 minutes left, but senior Luwane Pipkins makes play after play willing Providence to their first title game ever. Five Friars finish in double figures and shoot 50% from the field as a team including 11 3's. Anthony Cowan has 22 points and 7 rebounds in the loss.

Luwane Pipkins 19 points.
Maliek White 16 points.
Alpha Diallo 14 points, 10 rebounds.
AJ Reeves 10 points.
David Duke 10 points.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1 Kansas 72 v 2 Florida State 67

Ochai Agbaji comes alive in the biggest moment of his young career as he hits 5 of 8 from 3 including one as the go ahead basket with 1:50 left to sink Florida State. In an epic match of conference champs, the Jayhawks and Seminoles provide a game that might as well have been the final, highlighted by a 9 point comeback in the second half by the no. 1 overall seed. After Agbaji's corner three, both teams trade baskets, and the Seminoles, down 2, loose the ball in traffic attempting an entry pass, and Marcus Garrett finishes the game with a layup. Bill Self returns to the National Championship game, the first time since 2012, with one of his best teams as a coach.

Kansas hits 12 of 25 three, shooting better from the arc than from 2.
Florida State is held to 39% from the field and loose despite 27 free throws ( to Kansas' 14 ).

Trent Forrest has 22 points and 5 rebounds in the loss.

Ochai Agbaji 21 points, 2 rebounds, 5-8 3FG.
Marcus Garrett 13 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals.
Devon Dotson 12 points, 3 assists, 7 rebounds, 3-12 FG.
Udoka Azubuike 11 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 4 fouls.
Isaiah Moss 6 points.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Hawks by 20 in the ship!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Know Yer Phoe......
Providence Friars

Providence COLLEGE is in fact a University but goes by the name Providence COLLEGE.
No, they don't capitalize all the letters in the word College.

Believe it or not, Providence COLLEGE is located in Providence Rhode Island.
Their nickname is the Friars and when they shoot airballs you may refer to them as the Air Friars.

Their mascot is named Friar Dom and he/she/it is something that gives many small children nightmares.

They also have Huxley the Dalmatian and in this photo one could assume he is telling someone to suck his doggie dong. Not sure why he's wearing Champion sweat pants being that Providence is a Nike school but dogs do as dogs doo.

Their fight song is When the Saints Come Marching In - and I have no clue why. I could obviously look it up but why bother?

Their school colors are Black, White, and Silver.

Providence's last trip to the Final Four was in 1987 and they have never played for the National Championship.

Their head Coach is Ed Cooley who took over in 2011. For whatever that's worth - which apparently is an appearance in the 2020 National Championship game.

Providence was 19-12 during the regular season and finished with a 12-6 record in the Big East.
They had two different stretches during the season where they went 2-5. A few games of note include losing to Northwestern by 9 points, beating Texas by 22, losing to Florida by 32, and beating Creighton by 17.

During the regular season Providence averaged 71.4 ppg (185th), 37.8 rpg (99th), 14.4 apg (96th) and gave up an average of 66.2 ppg.

Providence has several interesting players and by interesting I mean both their names and their playing ability.

Players of note include....

Alpha Diallo. Alpha is a 6'7" Guard from New York New York. He averaged 14.1 points per game and 7.8 rebounds per game for the regular season. If you wanted to take the time, you could go back on this thread and see what he's done in the tournament. If not, I'll tell you he's averaged about 17 points and 10 rebounds.
He was voted 2nd team All-Big East.

Luwane Pipkins. How can you not like the name Luwane Pipkins?
His dad is Duwane and his brothers are Duwane Jr., Juwane, and Kewane.
Luwane is a UMass transfer and he was a stud his Sophomore season at UMass where he averaged 21.2 points a game and shot a very impressive 42.6% from behind the 3 point line.
He's now a senior and averaged 10.8 points a game.
He's from Chicago and reminds me of Sherron Shorty Collins.

David Duke. No, not the lily-white racist political fuck, the Black 6'5" 200 pound guard from Providence RI is a solid player who shot 42% from behind the 3 point line during the regular season.
He had a 36 point game against Creighton.

Nate Watson is someone who can and will do battle with Dok but he's usually not much of a factor. Nate is 6-10 about 260 pounds.

That's all I got for ya kids.

My worthless score prediction is KU 79 Providence 68.
BEAK 'EM!