Opening schools safely

Coffee talk.
holidaysmore

Re: Opening schools safely

Post by holidaysmore »

If KU reopens only to close again people are going to be LIVID.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's nearly certain to happen that way.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Notre Dame next victim. Like 150 new cases after first week of parties. Only 2 week pause, for now.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not just parties, though, right? Just the nature of college makes it a high-transmission environment. Whether you're talking student living, dining, libraries, gyms and, of course, bars and parties.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shawnee Mission School District, one of the big ones here in KC, is going remote-only. I suspect the rest of the metro won't be far behind.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:18 pm Not just parties, though, right? Just the nature of college makes it a high-transmission environment. Whether you're talking student living, dining, libraries, gyms and, of course, bars and parties.
WSJ specifically called out parties. Said it linked the spread to "off-campus parties." My guess contract tracing and sampling the general population.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

KSU had 13 frat bois get popped with ‘Rona. Enjoy your last fleeting minutes.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:33 pm KSU had 13 frat bois get popped with ‘Rona. Enjoy your last fleeting minutes.
Oh I'll bet they are.
Deleted User 318

NC State having outbreak spread from a party on Aug 6. So nearly two weeks of spreading before they identified the cluster.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would assume most will find off campus housing and continue the ‘party’

This is going to suck for the freshman who moved in and will eventually have to move out. Of course if you moved in thinking you were going to be in that dorm all year that was probably naive at best. This is giving be a cluster fuck in Lawrence.
Holidaysmore - 2005
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My wife was just alerted that Michigan State is going all online.
Holidaysmore - 2005
thebones

Post by thebones »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:33 pm Shawnee Mission School District, one of the big ones here in KC, is going remote-only. I suspect the rest of the metro won't be far behind.
My daughter has been going to volleyball conditioning all summer for East. Tryouts started yesterday. Spent $100 on shoes and knee pads. All over.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

In the scenario that schools cancel I wonder if playing privately will become a popular option.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just sent the little one off to her first day of 2nd grade. Looks to be about 8 kids in her class with it split 50/50 and others taking the remote option. Fingers crossed.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

KU's first reporting. Surprisingly not bad. Of course with no further plans of testing no way to predict what happens as the semester progresses.

As of 3 p.m. Wednesday, 89 people have tested positive out of 7,088 entry test results received, for a positivity rate of 1.25%. Of the 89 positive cases, 87 are students and two are faculty and staff. We plan to post additional updates on the website on Tuesday of next week.

A large majority of the 87 overall student positives have come from our fraternity and sorority community. Last night, I met with leaders in these communities along with other campus officials to stress the importance of adhering to the health and safety guidelines and rules we’ve laid out while laying out some additional policy recommendations. And we’ll follow up with these groups with targeted additional testing efforts as needed.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My daughter has an off campus apartment she shares with 3 other girls. He bestie and two other girls from Memphis. The Memphis girls moved in last week. One just tested positive.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I think if I was a freshmen, I would just take the year off, work some job, save some money and hope 2021 is a better year for all. My neighbors daughter is a freshmen at Ksuck and she's living home and doing all online. What's the fvcking point?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

fuck the greek life

why am i not surprised that the overwhelming majority of problems have been associated with those dipshits
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

bullshit. Gyros are great.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and my mom like Yanni...so....