OFFICIAL FINAL FOUR THREAD

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: OFFICIAL FINAL FOUR THREAD

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:40 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:17 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 amDave Mitch and DH were never our best starters and that was never the narrative.
Correct. There also was never any narrative that you can't make a Final Four with Dave, Mitch, or Harris on your team.
Yes there was.
Like I said just above, "could vs. would" matters a lot. No one said they couldn't; many said they wouldn't.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:41 am

Correct. There also was never any narrative that you can't make a Final Four with Dave, Mitch, or Harris on your team.
Yes there was.
Like I said just above, "would vs. could" matters a lot.
Sure. St Peter's "could" have.

But that wasn't the energy.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 amDave Mitch and DH were never our best starters and that was never the narrative.
Yes there was.

Can't. Wouldn't. Those words were used.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel superior. It's a complete lie.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IIRC, the debate was KU couldn't make a Final Four with someone like DH being the starting PG AND playing 32-35 minutes. To that, I don't think it's a coincidence that Kansas has hit their peak as Remy was coming back and Harris minutes went from low-mid 30s to low-mid 20s.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

social medias whackjobs gotta be social medias whackjobs.

the majority of the 13 active contributors to this forum have spent the last calendar year hacking on DH, Big Dave and The Lightfoot. i know that you were not fishing for those contributors to admit they were wrong. you were just acknowledging the kids achievements. celebrating the kids accomplishments. recognizing how far the kids have come. showing them some love. as we all should.

"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:53 am IIRC, the debate was KU couldn't make a Final Four with someone like DH being the starting PG AND playing 32-35 minutes. To that, I don't think it's a coincidence that Kansas has hit their peak as Remy was coming back and Harris minutes went from low-mid 30s to low-mid 20s.
Much closer to the truth.

This group needed to be fully healthy, and catch breaks, for this to happen. Great for us that all of those did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

If Dajuan played 35 minites against Creighton, I’m not sure we advance
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:03 am Yea.

If Dajuan played 35 minites against Creighton, I’m not sure we advance
We don't get by Creighton without Remy.

Without Remy, this team is essentially last year's team with Och and CB obviously being better--that is also a take that came from Self's mouth. With Och going MIA against Creighton, we would have been toast without Remy and we would have all had uncomfortable conversations about Och's legacy.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

oh are the people who talked up Harris all season while shitting on Remy now claiming victory because DH and Mitch were dragged to the F4 by our better players? I love it.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:52 am

Yes there was.

Can't. Wouldn't. Those words were used.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel superior. It's a complete lie.
Why would I feel superior? I didn't do anything. Our players are the ones who should feel proud.
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:18 am oh are the people who talked up Harris all season while shitting on Remy now claiming victory because DH and Mitch were dragged to the F4 by our better players? I love it.
I haven't seen a single person "shit" on Remy. And especially not since he's been playing like an All American player the last 3ish weeks. Everything I have seen has been positive and complimentary of Remy lately. He's been awesome.

It's almost like some of you are mad we made the final four? Weird energy.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:18 am oh are the people who talked up Harris all season while shitting on Remy now claiming victory because DH and Mitch were dragged to the F4 by our better players? I love it.
It's usually hard to know what is going on in illy's head, but that does seem to be the vibe. Flat out inventing things to try and look like the superior poster.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:26 am
I haven't seen a single person "shit" on Remy. And especially not since he's been playing like an All American player the last 3ish weeks. Everything I have seen has been positive and complimentary of Remy lately. He's been awesome.

It's almost like some of you are mad we made the final four? Weird energy.
Thank you for the reply! I'm gathering information and will reply on the merits here soon. Watch this space!
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:32 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:29 amAnd making a final 4 has been tremendous for the legacy of guys like DH Dave and Mitch. No longer can the "you can't make a final four w/ players like that" comments live on.
David McCormack was a McDonald's All-American and our highest rated recruit on this team.

Mitch and Dajuan combine for 10 ppg.

What in the world are you trying to sell now to shit on KU fans?
It was...checks notes...ten years ago this weekend that Conner Teahan averaged 17mpg for KU in a Final Four.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:33 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:29 amAnd making a final 4 has been tremendous for the legacy of guys like DH Dave and Mitch. No longer can the "you can't make a final four w/ players like that" comments live on.
David McCormack was a McDonald's All-American and our highest rated recruit on this team.

It was...checks notes...ten years ago this weekend that Conner Teahan averaged 17mpg for KU in a Final Four.
Exactly.

Hell, even 2012 Kevin Young and Justin Wesley.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:53 am social medias whackjobs gotta be social medias whackjobs.

Am I wrong to be reading this to the melody of mirror mirror on the wall?
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:56 am This group needed to be fully healthy, and catch breaks, for this to happen. Great for us that all of those did.
Everyone needs that.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

a beautiful JAYHAWK phan made a nice, complimentary offering to the kids, and got slapped down for it.

the whackjobs came out of the woodwork to get them some. well done whackjobs.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:37 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:33 am

Exactly.

Hell, even 2012 Kevin Young and Justin Wesley.
The cool YouTube videos of planes making successful belly landings despite stuck nosegear should not lead one to conclude that planes do not need nosegear.
Last edited by jfish26 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.