Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by Cascadia »

Russell Wilson is very much mediocre without Lynch and the Legion of Boom.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:30 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:21 pm After watching Denver AND the Raiders this week..,.

Chiefs v. Chargers.

End of list
For the AFC West? Agreed. Denver was way less impressive than I thought they would be. Wilson just doesn't have what made him special any more. He was accurate and smart with the ball but he just doesn't look electric any longer.

Looks like the Chiefs, Bills and Chargers will be the core battle to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl although the Bengals certainly won't turn it over 5 times a game all season and will have a say in it as well. The Ravens were also pretty good. Should be interesting for sure. the NFC power teams were noticeably less impressive.
Week 1 . . . It was in the last couple of years that the Chiefs fans here were calling Detroit an NFC contender after Week 1 or 2, lol.

Particularly with Russell Wilson, it was literally the first game he played with them having played 0 preseason snaps. Although, I still felt pretty confident picking the DEN over SEA.
I didn't think Wilson looked bad by any means. Heck, he went for 340 and a TD. He just didn't seem as athletic and dangerous in moving around as he used to. Who knows. It's why Overreaction Monday is a thing. Honestly, they had the ball inside the five three times and only came away with 3 points so that L was certainly not a measure of which team seemed to play better overall. Denver was fine, they just didn't look dangerous.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:56 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:30 am

For the AFC West? Agreed. Denver was way less impressive than I thought they would be. Wilson just doesn't have what made him special any more. He was accurate and smart with the ball but he just doesn't look electric any longer.

Looks like the Chiefs, Bills and Chargers will be the core battle to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl although the Bengals certainly won't turn it over 5 times a game all season and will have a say in it as well. The Ravens were also pretty good. Should be interesting for sure. the NFC power teams were noticeably less impressive.
Week 1 . . . It was in the last couple of years that the Chiefs fans here were calling Detroit an NFC contender after Week 1 or 2, lol.

Particularly with Russell Wilson, it was literally the first game he played with them having played 0 preseason snaps. Although, I still felt pretty confident picking the DEN over SEA.
I didn't think Wilson looked bad by any means. Heck, he went for 340 and a TD. He just didn't seem as athletic and dangerous in moving around as he used to. Who knows. It's why Overreaction Monday is a thing. Honestly, they had the ball inside the five three times and only came away with 3 points so that L was certainly not a measure of which team seemed to play better overall. Denver was fine, they just didn't look dangerous.
DEN's coaching really stuck out to me, and pretty much everyone who watched that game.

Russell Wilson is a ridiculously accurate thrower, but no doubt if he's also not creating time to throw with his feet, he's not the same threat.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think you can write off Denver yet.
They fumbled twice on the goalline and yes, that's their team/roster doing that, but I think Seattle got pretty lucky in the win.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I thought Gino looked pretty good in the 1st half. Didn't watch the 2nd half.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:43 am I thought Gino looked pretty good in the 1st half. Didn't watch the 2nd half.
SEA had -12 total yards in the 4th quarter.

So, if you're a DEN fan, is that glass half full or half empty?

I would probably say all the way empty.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Coaching for Denver is very small bus oriented.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What I really want to happen is for Russ to fail, even though I like Russ, because it's Elway and it's Denver and it'd be great if their QB mistakes just compounded with the draft picks and big contract.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Looks like the Chiefs get the Chargers without Allen.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... ity-chiefs
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The pools of Bronco fan tears just makes Colorado more beautiful.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Our rookie 1st rounder Trent McDuffie been placed on IR.

Andy blames the conditions of the field:

"It was part of the Butker injury and McDuffie injury ... The turf picked up and I would tell you that that did have something to do with it. If it didn't, I would tell you that, too. So it's not an excuse by any means, but I mean, you all can see it. Watch the tape."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... nals-field
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Chargers WR Keenan Allen is probably out vs the Chiefs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... ity-chiefs
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:42 pm Our rookie 1st rounder Trent McDuffie been placed on IR.

Andy blames the conditions of the field:

"It was part of the Butker injury and McDuffie injury ... The turf picked up and I would tell you that that did have something to do with it. If it didn't, I would tell you that, too. So it's not an excuse by any means, but I mean, you all can see it. Watch the tape."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... nals-field
Ugh…. Fucking trash
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's as straight forward Andy will get without placing exact blame.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Butker out. McDuffie out.
Trey Smith questionable.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Keenan Allen out and JC Jackson questionable for Chargers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:49 pm Butker out. McDuffie out.
Trey Smith questionable.
Who's the Chiefs kicker tomorrow? I assume Ammendola? Could sign Blankenship but probably don't want a guy fresh off of being cut.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ammendola will be active. Yeah if they waited a day, they could have had Blankenship, but Ammendola beat out 5 other kickers during a tryout, including Chicago's favorite kicker, Cody Parkey.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I had Blankenship in Week 1.

Will the Chiefs kick with Ammendola?