Iowa/UConn women’s game

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Iowa/UConn women’s game

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:52 pm Sooo

I am admittedly naive about this one, and sure could just google, and might eventually anyway.

But for the sake of message boreding, I’ll ask:

How does maternity leave work for female professional athletes?
A monkey shits in a 12"x18"x8" cardboard box.
A 300 pound 4 foot tall Iranian named Fabio takes the box and brings it to a shoemaker.
The shoemaker places the box in the trunk of a 2009 blue Honda Accord and ties a green ribbon around it.
A Scandinavian woman with a speech impediment named Tyrone then drives the blue Honda Accord to Brownsville in Brooklyn where a 3 year old African America boy named Guido takes the box and then puts it in a backpack. He rides his tricycle to the Barclays Center where Joe Tsai meets him and brings a hammer to hammer the box. After Joe Tsai hammers the box, he gives it back to Guido to take to Guido's Aunt Willamina. Aunt Willamina puts the box in the freezer for exactly 1273 hours to the exact second. She then opens the freezer and puts the box in her oven. She doesn't turn on the oven. She then calls Rabbi Chaim Boatbergsteinman and tells him the box is in her oven. Rabbi Boatbergsteinman then says over the phone to Aunt Willamina - "Baruch ata Adonai, Eloheinu Melech ha-olam, hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz". After he says that, Aunt Willamina follows these directions to go to Queens. https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8
Once Aunt Willamina arrives at Utopia Parkway and 75th Avenue, she gets on her phone and calls Pete Maravich's widow Jackie. She tells Jackie she has the box of monkey shit and Jackie then tells her to either bring it to Lulu's Bakery, Mattress Firm, or Holy Family Church. If Lulu's, then Aunt Willamina gives it to Jackie Gee. If Mattress Firm, then Michael McFetridge. If Holy Family, then Father Partridfe.
Once Aunt Willamina gives the package to one of the 3 options, Aunt Willamina then calls John Sununu and he tells Aunt Willamina to tell you....

Obviously there are different professional women's sports but typically the WNBA players still get paid their full salary while they are on leave.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damn gutter, how many potds do you want?!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

If anyone is interested, Caitlin Clark and the Indiana Fever play the Seattle Storm at 7:00 eastern tonight on (Amazon) Prime Video. Apparently, Clark's best teammate is out for the next 2-3 weeks.

I wasn't aware that the WNBA games are on Prime Video until this morning.
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not sure who would choose a regular season WNBA game over a NBA conference semi final but everyone has their kinks.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:14 pm Not sure who would choose a regular season WNBA game over a NBA conference semi final but everyone has their kinks.
There's 5:52 left in the 3rd quarter since the WNBA game started 90 minutes before the NBA game...

And as far as "kinks", I don't even notice they're all wearing shorts.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Love the looks on the kids faces as Clark signs autographs at the end of the video.

Indiana Fever locker room celebration speech after winning in a close game against the Chicago Sky!!
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Boy is that Angel Reese some serious trash.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:58 am Boy is that Angel Reese some serious trash.
^^^

If something isn't done, they're going to kill the goose who laid the golden egg. (18,000 in attendance for the Sky vs Fever game yesterday.) Because fans like me who never gave $0.02 of attention to the WNBA before, aren't going to tune in to watch that trash.

I'd imagine the corporate sponsors are going to lay the law down soon, because they aren't fools.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

I guess I got some old school in me, but ... I'm not seeing any of CC's teammates dishing any payback on the bitches targeting the golden goose.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ramjet wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:38 am I guess I got some old school in me, but ... I'm not seeing any of CC's teammates dishing any payback on the bitches targeting the golden goose.
i haven’t watched any of the fouls, but wondered about that when i read about them

i thought reece might be trash…seems i was right
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ramjet wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:38 am I guess I got some old school in me, but ... I'm not seeing any of CC's teammates dishing any payback on the bitches targeting the golden goose.
I’m guessing several of her teammates don’t like her too.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:29 pm
I’m guessing several of her teammates don’t like her too.
That's the rumor, in what little I've picked up.

They hate'r 'cause they ain'ter?

What has surprised me is the number of Black commentators/YouTube personalities who have come to her aid, a few of whom have called out her teammates for not stepping up for her.

Women's basketball is a traditionally a much bigger deal overseas. One of the YouTube talking heads suggested she leave the WNBA, go play somewhere else, and see how all the WNBS players who are abusing her like it when she takes her balling, the gargantuan fan interest she's generated and money that's followed, and goes elsewhere.

That being said, for all I know, although it's not my impression, maybe she is a bitch?
Although, when you can back it up and make it rain $$$...
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

17 PPG on 37% shooting isn’t what I’d call backing it up though.