Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:47 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:42 am

Agree 100%.

Dangerous people should be in jail. Habitual law breakers. Violent criminals.

Crazy people or drug addicts should be in mental health facilities or drug rehab facilities.

Although there is likely a lot of overlap.
I consider mental illness, physical pain, excessive stress and testosterone to be cans of gas just waiting to explode if put in the wrong environments. I am probably going to regret typing that due to the kickback but it's what I see.
Testosterone?

Good lord.
Take a look around the world and look what happens to some men who are put in stressful environments.

Gasoline is great, lots of benefits to our society. It also destroys when not used properly.Testosterone is a chemical just like gasoline that can be measured and that has consistent behavior in it's interactions with other chemicals.

Do you feel that sexual crimes are equally dispersed between men and women? Violence? Sorry, but testosterone levels and their response to certain stresses and environments plays a factor in a lot of aggression based issues our world faces.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue May 17, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:44 am To be fair, it's hard to act in the best interest of the public as a whole when a majority of the public votes against their own best interest on a regular basis
who are you talking about specifically. anyone and everyone that doesn't vote how you think they should.
because we know for sure that anyone who votes how you don't vote, is voting wrong.

for example, if you vote for candidate x. and i vote for candidate y. in your mind i have voted against my own best interest. do i have it right.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:03 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:47 am
I consider mental illness, physical pain, excessive stress and testosterone to be cans of gas just waiting to explode if put in the wrong environments. I am probably going to regret typing that due to the kickback but it's what I see.
Testosterone?

Good lord.
Take a look around the world and look what happens to some men who are put in stressful environments.

Gasoline is great, lots of benefits to our society. It also destroys when not used properly.
LOL

No women in prison thankfully. So weird.

The man hate and white hate always make me chuckle.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:03 am Do you feel that sexual crimes are equally dispersed between men and women? Violence? Sorry, but testosterone levels and their response to certain stresses and environments plays a factor in a lot of aggression based issues our world faces.
Sure, on a macro level, men are more aggressive and violent than women.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:05 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:44 am To be fair, it's hard to act in the best interest of the public as a whole when a majority of the public votes against their own best interest on a regular basis
who are you talking about specifically. anyone and everyone that doesn't vote how you think they should.
because we know for sure that anyone who votes how you don't vote, is voting wrong.

for example, if you vote for candidate x. and i vote for candidate y. in your mind i have voted against my own best interest. do i have it right.
It goes back to the definition of "the best interest of the public as a whole". It is impossible for any group of more than about 10 to agree on what is in the "the best interest of the group as a whole" let alone 329 million people. But in general, I think everyone would agree that at a high level, not having someone feel the desire to show up at a grocery store to murder as many people as possible is in "the best interest of the public as a whole."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:08 am

Testosterone?

Good lord.

Gasoline is great, lots of benefits to our society. It also destroys when not used properly.
LOL

Being such an on/off person must be oddly satisfying. Your blissful, simpleton ignorance is something I envy sometimes.

It's not hate. It's not all or nothing. It's a factor that plays a part just like the other factors I mentioned. And breaking news, women have testosterone in their body, too. Do you think that a larger percentage of the women in prison could physically kick your ass than the percentage of women in your favorite grocery store? Probably yes.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue May 17, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am

LOL

Being such an on/off person must be oddly satisfying. Your blissful, simpleton ignorance is something I envy sometimes.

It's not hate. It's not all or nothing. It's a factor that plays a part just like the other factors I mentioned. And breaking news, women have testosterone in their body, too.
Sounds awfully aggressive. Your manly testosterone must be through the roof you big scary alpha male.

🤣
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:15 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am

LOL

It's not hate. It's not all or nothing. It's a factor that plays a part just like the other factors I mentioned. And breaking news, women have testosterone in their body, too.
Sounds awfully aggressive. Your manly testosterone must be through the roof you big scary alpha male.

🤣
What a simpleton.
Deleted User 863

Love the superiority some of you think you have over everyone. Cracks me up.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am Do you think that a larger percentage of the women in prison could physically kick your ass than the percentage of women in your favorite grocery store? Probably yes.
Simpleton.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 am Love the superiority some of you think you have over everyone. Cracks me up.
Just go read something for crying out loud. It's not superiority at all. I just see things, find them interesting and research them is all. You on the other hand seem to just sit around waiting for others to spoon feed you your thoughts.

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1608085113

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693622/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -violence/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/280915
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am Do you think that a larger percentage of the women in prison could physically kick your ass than the percentage of women in your favorite grocery store? Probably yes.
Simpleton.
See, you can't even come up with your own putdowns.
Deleted User 863

🎣🎣🎣🎣

Good luck on the pond today Twocoach. Hope your line gets some more nibbles. This fish isn't getting hooked again.
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:05 am who are you talking about specifically. anyone and everyone that doesn't vote how you think they should.

Yes. You have it right.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and don’t even get Qusdahl started on the issue of white supremacy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:51 am and don’t even get Qusdahl started on the issue of white supremacy
I find it so pathetic that the thing about them that these people think makes them so much better than others is something they have zero control over. Whether you are black or white is pretty much a function of who your Mom is and who she had sex with. I haven't seen a lot of white supremacists that had anything they were in control of be something to brag about.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I think there is an assumption that one has to be mentally ill to kill someone. It is not 1850. Killing citizens has been normalized now. Are all the people in your video games in military uniforms?

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Yesterday I accidentally saw a video of normal people from my community buying groceries getting gunned down with a gun that is only designed as a people killer (illegally modified to kill even faster). I was just scrolling twitter. I was shocked that it was up for anyone to happen across. I did not go looking for it. I was just scrolling. It had a hundreds/thousands of comments (mostly (and I had to look this up) were just people downloading it).

Why are people downloading it?
After the shock and horror of knowing it was not Hollywood magic, it looks just like Hollywood.
(except that things happened faster; the shooter was a better shot than ever written in scripts, and good did not win over evil).

The point being, we are normalized to seeing people in street clothes falling to the grown from bullets, so why the emphasis on mental health as if pulling a trigger on a person in street clothes is such a far flung concept.
Last edited by DrPepper on Tue May 17, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:47 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:51 am and don’t even get Qusdahl started on the issue of white supremacy
I find it so pathetic that the thing about them that these people think makes them so much better than others is something they have zero control over. Whether you are black or white is pretty much a function of who your Mom is and who she had sex with. I haven't seen a lot of white supremacists that had anything they were in control of be something to brag about.
If the Buffalo shooter was, say, some dood named Mohammed with some radical mooslim insignia plastered all over his outfit, or a black dood with BLM written on his gun, what would the reaction be?

Would some bigger connections be suspected? Would there be allegations the shooter was part of some bigger organized something? Would the shooter have so easily fallen through the cracks of the watchdogs meant to catch these types?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I don't have the answers.
Sometimes these guys (they are usually white guys) have military/police backgrounds. What worries me (about the impending civil war) is that the fox is guarding the henhouse.