Violence

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Violence

Post by zsn »

japhy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 pm The documentary video and the police officer testimony should make every republican defending trump ashamed. Only the truest of cult members are gonna be able to write all of that off.
I think there are at least 250 cult members, by your definition, in the current Legislative branch. Congressional Republicans are incapable of shame
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That Kevin McCarthy can walk into the Capitol past officers like Caroline Edwards who put their lives on the line to protect him, and yet he still protect trump; makes him one of the worst cunts to ever disgrace a political office.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Back to TDub’s assertion on polarization and division, how can anyone, in good conscience, defend the actions of the majority of Republicans currently in office? What redeeming quality do they possess?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:20 pm Back to TDub’s assertion on polarization and division, how can anyone, in good conscience, defend the actions of the majority of Republicans currently in office? What redeeming quality do they possess?
The same way that Jack DelRio can call Jan 6th just a "dust up".

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Isaac Asimov

A national lifeguard shortage is getting more coverage on FoxNews.com than yesterday's Jan 6th hearing.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Del Rio came out officially as a piece of shit when he attacked Otis Taylor during the NFL players strike back in the 80's.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Only one major cable news channel did not carry the Jan. 6 hearing live: Fox News

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/11041164 ... -6-hearing
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:05 am Only one major cable news channel did not carry the Jan. 6 hearing live: Fox News

They seem to be covering it live today.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Bill Barr laughing after mentioning the "2000 Mules" "documentary" was pretty funny.

He states the obvious, that he thinks trump was "detached" from reality.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's this about a criminal indictment?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2aS8doReBA

Bill Barr's comic gold is at the 14:26 mark. I hope sQuirt doesn't see this, contact with reality is probably tough for him.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:05 am Only one major cable news channel did not carry the Jan. 6 hearing live: Fox News

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 67079/amp/

cannibalism
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Good to know that if I turn to Fox News I can get current news and not the ad nauseam Jan 6th stuff. Jus sayin’.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I can imagine that the Jan 6 stuff does upset you.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Probably doesn't upset him as much as our former (before Trump) President being a Black Mooooslum who wasn't born in the USA.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i hope all of those involved get what they got coming.

but i am not going to glue myself to the television while the politicians grandstand and blubberyap endlessly into oblivion.

it's summertime in Michigan.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:41 pm what's this about a criminal indictment?
There won't be any. The Justice Department is too scared of lighting that fire.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:55 am i hope all of those involved get what they got coming.

but i am not going to glue myself to the television while the politicians grandstand and blubberyap endlessly into oblivion.

it's summertime in Michigan.
Agreed. I have no interest in sitting and watching this. I'll wait for the smart people to go through it and see what is important and then I'll do some research after the fact. There really is no point to this other than to build a chest full of details in case Trump runs for office again. The American people who aren't delusional know what happened. The people who support Trump don't care or don't believe any of it, no matter how clear it is that it happened. They simply refuse.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

imo, this isn’t just about trump
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 am imo, this isn’t just about trump
I guess I will set aside my pessimism once I see one of these traitorous GOP politicians that enabled this get voted out of office for their role. I won't hold my breath.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:47 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 am imo, this isn’t just about trump
I guess I will set aside my pessimism once I see one of these traitorous GOP politicians that enabled this get voted out of office for their role. I won't hold my breath.
i get it

and i don’t necessarily think anything will come of it as far as jackasses being voted out, but i do think that possibility is at least part of the motivation