Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by Sparko »

That sounds right given the pummeling earlier. This emerging Rothlesberger love meme does not instill the confidence the Chiefs really should have. Gods of Forward progress, OPI and fumble advancement need to be placated.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:36 am
pdub wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 am What we think the line is?
-6.5?
That would seem a bit light, given what we saw from these two teams only a few weeks ago.
I'd agree but sometimes playoff lines can be a bit closer. Ben's last game, extra motivation.

I hope we send that POS into oblivion. Pick six Honey Badger kind of oblivion.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:36 am
pdub wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 am What we think the line is?
-6.5?
That would seem a bit light, given what we saw from these two teams only a few weeks ago.
I'd agree but sometimes playoff lines can be a bit closer. Ben's last game, extra motivation.

I hope we send that POS into oblivion. Pick six Honey Badger kind of oblivion.
Your mouth to God's ears. But Taunting. 15-yards. First Down.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Chiefs win by 20.

TJ Watt seems to be healthier than when they played KC last. So that'll be a problem because he's good.

But KC gets a healthy Kelce for this game and a more complete roster rather than the Covid-wrecked team that took the field against Pittsburgh a few weeks back.

The Chiefs couldn't have had a better scenario yesterday other than getting the 1 seed. You get a bad Pittsburgh team and then teams that you can beat. A rollercoaster Bills team, a streaky and lucky Bengals squad and a Raiders team that you clearly have their number.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Go Pats. Go Raiders.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If Pats and Raiders win, Raiders come to Arrowhead.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Exactly.
Then the Pats upset the Titans.
Would be magical.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Steelers - Raiders - Patriots a dream path for KC.

Obviously Belichick is a mastermind but you have to like your chances against him at home when he has a rookie QB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There is a scenario in which i'd rather play the Titans in Tennessee than the Pats.
Both these things would have to happen for that scenario.

1. Henry wasn't healthy enough to play.
2. The weather in Arrowhead is brutal - with strong winds and snow. Pats defense is better than the Titans. So is their offensive line.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:37 am I think Chiefs win by 20.

TJ Watt seems to be healthier than when they played KC last. So that'll be a problem because he's good.

But KC gets a healthy Kelce for this game and a more complete roster rather than the Covid-wrecked team that took the field against Pittsburgh a few weeks back.

The Chiefs couldn't have had a better scenario yesterday other than getting the 1 seed. You get a bad Pittsburgh team and then teams that you can beat. A rollercoaster Bills team, a streaky and lucky Bengals squad and a Raiders team that you clearly have their number.
Counting eggs here.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This.

Between injuries in game and COVID it will literally be impossible to call games until the day before, hell maybe even right up until the designations have to be handed in.

This feels like the Packers to lose but who knows.

AFC wise I like the Chiefs but really is there anyone who has separated themselves as the class of the AFC? Bills, might be the 'scariest' team because Josh Allen is the only QB I see, other than Mahomes that could put a team on his back to take them all the way.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am This.

Between injuries in game and COVID it will literally be impossible to call games until the day before, hell maybe even right up until the designations have to be handed in.

This feels like the Packers to lose but who knows.

AFC wise I like the Chiefs but really is there anyone who has separated themselves as the class of the AFC? Bills, might be the 'scariest' team because Josh Allen is the only QB I see, other than Mahomes that could put a team on his back to take them all the way.
Burrow is the only QB near to Mahomes. You blitz Allen.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 amThis feels like the Packers to lose but who knows.
It's the Chiefs' to lose.

If Tennessee loses their first game, then Chiefs become the overall favorite. They would be overall fave right now were it not for the 2 seed. And, if its Chiefs vs. Packers in the SB, Vegas will favor the Chiefs.

Of course, that all means nothing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This isn't true.
Packers odds the best right now.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I still gotta see Burrow do it under the bright playoff lights. Playoff football is different. I trust Allen more than I do Burrow right now.

Packers have been the most consistent team all year but you could argue their road even with home field is going to be more difficult than the Chiefs.

Does anyone buy Tennessee? Not sure on Tannehill. Defense has improved. You like getting a fresh Henry back but how long does it take for him to get up to game speed shape and being accustomed to playing football again.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:33 pmPackers have been the most consistent team all year but you could argue their road even with home field is going to be more difficult than the Chiefs.
NFC has better teams, but Lambeau in the cold.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd say the best teams are the Pack, Chiefs, Bills and Bucs in that order.

Bucs would be 1 or 2 but they lost Godwin and crazy pants AB. And Fournette may not be back either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would say I could see the Bills the best of those four but that Jacksonville game is just so, what the hell? And I'm not sure I trust their coach come the bright lights.

But they have the no. 1 total defense in the NFL and are a top 7 offense.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They were also 7-6 before finishing with a meh schedule to get to 11-6.

Last 4 games were wins against:
Carolina - They suck
Pats - Meh
Falcons - They are not good.
Jets - Blah

It's not like they ran the gauntlet to end it. They blew their load early in the year when they used some big turnovers to win in KC and go to 4 and 1. Since then, they are 7-5. About as meh as you could be. And they were pretty healthy ALL YEAR. Tre'Davious White their biggest loss.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC. Especially without the Chargers in the mix. I don't trust the Titans, like at all. I think there are 3 teams that could make noise and make it out of AFC. Chiefs, Bills and Bengals.

NFC is absolutely loaded. Any team from 1-4 could make SB. That Lambeau cold is something else, but Tampa went into there and won last year with a bunch of warm weather guys.

The Chiefs are in a great position without having the bye.