We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:26 pm after everything i have seen these last 2 years from the teachers unions and school boards, i wish they would just stick to teaching. leave the parenting to mom and dad.
After everything I have seen these last 5 years, there are a lot of parents out there who should have their children taken from their homes because the parenting they are receiving is toxic and dangerous.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that's another subject altogether.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:26 pm after everything i have seen these last 2 years from the teachers unions and school boards, i wish they would just stick to teaching. leave the parenting to mom and dad.
I agree but......
Unfortunately in this country about 1 in every 4 children don't have a father present in their lives.
Unfortunately in this country WAY TOO MANY parents do a piss poor job of parenting.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

cuz so many parents are doing a bang-up job…

i chuckled at the number of stories that came out at the start of the pandemic, featuring parents that couldn’t handle being around their own kids for extended periods of time and, ya know, actually parenting
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:19 pm what if mom and dad don't think it should be the job of the teachers union to impose their beliefs on mom and dads children. what if mom and dad don't want the elementary, middle school or HS teacher imposing the unions beliefs regarding: ethics, honesty, bigotry, tolerance, misinformation on mom and dads children. isn't that mom and dads job.

why does the teachers union believe they know better what's best for the children?
You think teachers unions set curriculums?

Oh dear. You vote for school board... right?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you think mich actually knows, or is informed on, what he’s talking about?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the teachers can teach my grandbabies math and gym and band and reading and computers. i will teach them how to be good citizens.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they’re doomed
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i have had a front row seat these last 2 years. the teachers the teachers unions and the school boards are the last peoples i want teaching my grandbabies about right and wrong.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:12 pm the teachers can teach my grandbabies math and gym and band and reading and computers. i will teach them how to be good citizens.
Your grandchildren are fucked.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

at least they won’t be counting on grandpa to learn proper grammar or punctuation
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:18 pm i have had a front row seat these last 2 years. the teachers the teachers unions and the school boards are the last peoples i want teaching my grandbabies about right and wrong.
the unions and school boards don’t decide what the curriculum is

but don’t let that stop you from beating your cane against the wall
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:29 pm that's another subject altogether.
It's really not though. I am betting that the Venn Diagram of MAGA and "I'll teach my kids morals and ethics" has a pretty large overlap. I haven't seen a lot of behavior out of that group that leads me to believe that they should be more involved in the curriculum that is taught to America's children.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

mich is so proud of his ignorance. Literally the worst part of our culture.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:27 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:29 pm that's another subject altogether.
It's really not though. I am betting that the Venn Diagram of MAGA and "I'll teach my kids morals and ethics" has a pretty large overlap. I haven't seen a lot of behavior out of that group that leads me to believe that they should be more involved in the curriculum that is taught to America's children.
mich doesn't know what a Venn Diagram is.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m reminded of a video that featured an enraged, overweight MAGA father that was screaming at a school board meeting that he only wanted his kids taught ‘murican exceptionalism

how very mich

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

keep ramming your $#!t down other peoples throat. we'll see how that works out in nov 22.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

oooh, scary
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:36 pm keep ramming your $#!t down other peoples throat. we'll see how that works out in nov 22.
You mean when the QOP forcibly takes control of our Government?