Another mass shooting

Ugh.
DrPepper

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by DrPepper »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... -shooting/

Lots of excerpts from the terroris’s writings on how he planned and how he hid things in the above WAPO article. Also info about his parents. Two civil engineers.

When my kid turned 18, I thought I should stop asking so many questions about Where are you going, who was there, etc, etc. I’m rethinking that now.
Parenting can be so hard. You never know what you are going to get with kids. One kid is fine and the sibling such a challenge (or nearly complete failure like the terrorist).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's Discord? some online messaging something? and he had an "invite-only" server, apparently.

but are there any administrators for Discord here? Do they bear any liability?

cuz it sounds like this was all planned out in real time. And, depending on how the invite only server works and whether Discord is allowed to just wash their hands of it here, he did it all in real time.

oh, and he killed and mutilated a feral cat then posted pics. nothing to see here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:09 am
TDub wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 pm wasn't this a copycat "ish" from an attack in New Zealand?
Qusdahl says yer so close!
was it not?
oh, it totally was.

the dood spelled it out and everything.

He even displayed the sonnenrad "black sun" nazi symbol on the front page of his manifesto, and also wore it on his body armor.

It's the same insignia worn by the Christchurch shooter.

It's also the same insignia worn by who-knows how many Ukranian militants, armed by you and me.

Now, I'm not trying to suggest some direct link between the Buffalo shooter and Azov or something, so please spare me the war thread treatment. At the very least, though, I think some better understanding is warranted. But, I know that's just not an issue the western world is collectively willing to discuss.

And that's the point!

we just don't take the threat of white supremacy seriously enough.

We got this nazi making death threats and mutilating cats and posting his plans on some online forum (albeit "invite-only"), and we got nazis brutalizing ethnic civilians in eastern Europe. OK, maybe they are, and maybe that's just more Putin propaganda, right Qusdahl?

But again to the point - in both instances, the red flags are just kinda shrugged off.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

here we go again...
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:20 am what's Discord? some online messaging something? and he had an "invite-only" server, apparently.
My limited experience with Discord is with people at work using it like Microsoft Teams or Google Drive.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:33 am here we go again...
?
Another "mass" shooting? Or was that comment in regards to something else?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:42 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:33 am here we go again...
?
Another "mass" shooting? Or was that comment in regards to something else?
Sorry. That was to Qusdahl getting ready to double down on his Russia/Ukraine stance.

Although I am sure a shooting is happening somewhere. Depending of definition of "mass shooting" there will likely be one in Chicago before the weekend is over.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how much you wanna bet someone involved is from topeka
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

heard from family that there was also a domestic murder in Lawrence last night…perp said god made them do it

sorry, guess that is for a different thread
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:57 pm heard from family that there was also a domestic murder in Lawrence last night…perp said god made them do it

shouldve gone to church more
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:06 am
TDub wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:09 am

Qusdahl says yer so close!
was it not?
oh, it totally was.

the dood spelled it out and everything.

He even displayed the sonnenrad "black sun" nazi symbol on the front page of his manifesto, and also wore it on his body armor.

It's the same insignia worn by the Christchurch shooter.

It's also the same insignia worn by who-knows how many Ukranian militants, armed by you and me.

Now, I'm not trying to suggest some direct link between the Buffalo shooter and Azov or something, so please spare me the war thread treatment. At the very least, though, I think some better understanding is warranted. But, I know that's just not an issue the western world is collectively willing to discuss.

And that's the point!

we just don't take the threat of white supremacy seriously enough.

We got this nazi making death threats and mutilating cats and posting his plans on some online forum (albeit "invite-only"), and we got nazis brutalizing ethnic civilians in eastern Europe. OK, maybe they are, and maybe that's just more Putin propaganda, right Qusdahl?

But again to the point - in both instances, the red flags are just kinda shrugged off.
im gonna ignore most of that so as not to rehash 53 pages from another thread.

my only point was that it's ironic that we're arguing that this only happens in America (for the most part that's accurate)...in an instance that was entirely based off a mass shooting from another country.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

I blame eyesight more than testosterone. When's the last time a blind person shot a bunch of people in a grocery store?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

also a shooting at a church in LA by a Chinese guy that hated Taiwanese people a couple days ago that no one talks about. It was a Tiawanese congregation 5 dead.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sarcasm is classless, but outright jokes are cool?

:lol:
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:57 pm heard from family that there was also a domestic murder in Lawrence last night…perp said god made them do it

Yeah, the victim was a former goalkeeper for the KU women's soccer team.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm also a shooting at a church in LA by a Chinese guy that hated Taiwanese people a couple days ago that no one talks about. It was a Tiawanese congregation 5 dead.
there were others in the same time frame as well

limited bandwidth, donchaknow
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Yeah, the victim was a former goalkeeper for the KU women's soccer team.
jfc
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sigh…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -us-safer/

half of humanity’s privately owned guns are in the US…some 400 million
Deleted User 863

I don't blame people for wanting a gun at the beginning of the pandemic. We came dangerously close to widespread food shortages which would have immediately resulted in panic and chaos. Society could break down in a hurry and then the violence will follow as people have to take from each other to survive. I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.