F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

If we can delay the forming of the KC Phogushers another season, i'm all for it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:07 am If we can delay the forming of the KC Phogushers another season, i'm all for it.
When faced with impending change, you can either manage it or have it managed for you. I know which is the healthier approach.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If only we had all of history to learn which approach gets you ran the F over.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I admit it's inevitable - $$ always wins here.
But with that will go my interest s'all i'm saying.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:18 am I admit it's inevitable - $$ always wins here.
But with that will go my interest s'all i'm saying.
I hear you, but i think we might already be a lot closer to the KC Phogushers than we are to what you "want" us to be.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Agree to disagree.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how much does it really change the on-court product if Marcus Garrett gives a shout out to Pizza Shuttle?

does anyone hear Bill Self pimping Salty Iguana on the radio and think, this just ruined fandom for me?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:56 am how much does it really change the on-court product if Marcus Garrett gives a shout out to Pizza Shuttle?

does anyone hear Bill Self pimping Salty Iguana on the radio and think, this just ruined fandom for me?
You're mis-representing Pdub's stance.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:56 am how much does it really change the on-court product if Marcus Garrett gives a shout out to Pizza Shuttle?

It will not make a difference to any reasonable person.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's very echo chamber per usual.

I don't agree with all pro-choice, or a flat tax rate/trickle down economics, or tariff wars.
And I don't agree that amateur athletes need to be paid, don't agree that the love of the game is a joke/useless statement, don't agree that the game/history/rivalries won't be affected/minimized with more corporate promotion, don't agree that eventually, moving this direction won't open the flood gates for something that has nothing to do with school.

But I can understand those viewpoints.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the more corporate promotion thing indeed is a bummer
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Basically i'll revert back to this to a certain few of you posters:

I’ve explained my stance more times than I can imagine. Do you even remember it? Can you repeat it without being snarky?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 pm the more corporate promotion thing indeed is a bummer
That, though, is actually an "it's already" here thing. Allen Fieldhouse is lit the fuck up with ads. N/I/L means only that the distribution changes, because we know it's already there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:20 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 pm the more corporate promotion thing indeed is a bummer
That, though, is actually an "it's already" here thing. Allen Fieldhouse is lit the fuck up with ads. N/I/L means only that the distribution changes, because we know it's already there.
I disagree with your use of the word ONLY, in this context.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It will absolutely affect who plays where.
Substantially so.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:16 pm Basically i'll revert back to this to a certain few of you posters:

I’ve explained my stance more times than I can imagine. Do you even remember it? Can you repeat it without being snarky?
Your stance is that college basketball should be there for players who choose that a scholarship, room, board and everything that goes along with it is sufficient compensation for their efforts, name, image and likeness.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Question Time:

Estimate what % of our top 100 players over the last 15 years received improper benefits in the form of financial compensation of some sorts, either directly or to a family member?

And then narrowing down further: what % of KU's top 30 guys?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Improper benefits? 0% IMO.

Benefits: 100% and 100%.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

40%, 90%.
And we got caught and probably will be punished.
And if the G League succeeds and the NBA lowers the draft age to 18, improper benefits will be fewer because more of those top guys who have no interest in college will just go pro.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i just don’t think that’s right

shenanigans will still take place in order to funnel the remaining best players to certain universities

is there any evidence that there were fewer shenanigans when kids could jump to the league straight outta high school?