Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Totally random thread

Post by ousdahl »

I enjoy expensive hoppy craft beers as well as cheap yellow corporate beers.

I have friends who are beer snobs, and it's lame. Yeah bro, I know your double-hopped barrel-aged artisan blah blah blah ale has nuances of fresh citrus and ripe banana, but I'll just have another natty.

Especially if we're, say, just floating around in a canoe all day until we pass out in a tent tonight, I want something that's easy to drink all day.

And 15 of mine are still cheaper than 6 of yours.

And any booze can fuck with my gut, but hoppy beers do quite the number.

But I guess my point is, I've always thought that middle ground market segment was so underserved. There's a few brave enough to delve into this, but still pretty limited. Montucky cold snacks, anyone? Also usually any "session" beer, or anything involving "easy drinking" slogan.

How is it so difficult to make a beer that has character but also easy to drink 15 of? At a reasonable price point, too?!

but either way, thee worst thing to happen to beer is all the fruity bullshit many brands are putting into it. There's so many flavors to be had just from water, hops, yeast, and barley, that we don't need to be putting like passionfruit and wildflower honey and coriander and watermelon and shame into it too.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I used to like IPAs. Too many hipsters tried to see who could make theirs the most hoppy. Kinda turned me off.

And yeah, keep the fruit out.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

It sucks that people are homeless. No matter what their plight/s may be.
That's it for my wisdumb of the day.
Carry on.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 289

What's in the bottle? I want/need some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUuXQfzne5A
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks Gutter. I need a laugh.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

When I was a young kid I had a neighbor who used to yell at kids to get off his lawn - even if you weren't on it but he felt too close to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Random thought for the evening.

There are no young posters (except Ous who thinks he's 22). Where do they all go? I mean, i think our youngest posters is in their 30s? Right?

I dont care, im kind of a get off my lawn guy, but i think its kind of interesting. It wasnt always that way.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:22 pm Image
🤣🤣🤣🤣
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Just imagine what Hattie would do for endless breadsticks...
Deleted User 310

"Husband teaching wife to drive a tractor"

https://www.facebook.com/10005144308943 ... 319326970/
Deleted User 289

I bought a product. They provided me with an instruction manual. I followed the instructions. The product didn't work. I looked on-line to see if there was any resource to help me troubleshoot and resolve the issue. There wasn't. I contacted the company's customer service via email because that was the only option available at the time. They didn't respond in over 36 hours. I contacted customer service through their live chat this morning. They responded in less than 10 seconds. I told them the issue. Within 10-15 seconds they told me what to do to resolve the issue. It worked! It was completely different than what the "instruction manual" tells the consumer to do to get the product to work. WTF????
This is a perfect example of what I refer to as - Grandma's America 2020.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Imma gonna be in KC this weekend. Any issues staying in Westport?
Riots, viruses, plagues, earthquakes?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

I would be more concerned about being in such close proxomity to so many mizzou fans. 😉
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I booked it closer to my Mom's in the burbs.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

5 + 1 Bonus thoughts/shares for a Wednesday in early September at 5:30pm-ish.

1) Crack that isn't really crack.....
Paulina Market in Chicago makes their own beef jerky and salami sticks.
I have referred to them as the nectar from the gods - and crack.
Today I rode my bike about 10-12 miles to pick up my fix and I couldn't be more happy and content after consuming 2 sticks. I'll probably eat between a half to a full pound of the jerky in about an hour. Sometimes I need to put brain health ahead of heart health. Nice when all it takes is meat to make me feel life is good. VERY GOOD!
If it was chicken, it would be very good chicken.

2) Speaking of good chicken......
For a large portion of my rides back and forth to Paulina, I rode along the lake front trail. Not sure why but today there was an excessive amount of good chicken riding, jogging, walking. Perfect 80 degree day with a cool breeze will bring out the best of the best. Insane to think that in less than 2 months it might actually be snowing in Chicago. Then the chicken disappears for 5-6 months.
JUNK!

3) Homelessness.......
Terrible thing for anyone to be homeless - no matter what.
BIG difference between being homeless on a beautiful day in a nice place and being homeless on a shitty day in a shitty place.
Yesterday walking home from my mother's place I noticed what I often see. People on Michigan Avenue in Chicago with leftovers from people's meals at nearby restaurants - that people have given to them.
Some really good fucking food. Better than what I eat and can afford on a daily basis.
People pay a lot of money to live near the lake in Chicago. Today I witnessed two homeless guys "living" under the bridge below Lake Shore Drive near Belmont. They are living a block from the lake and aren't paying a penny. Both guys had smiles on their faces and seemed to be in a better mood than most people I witnessed today.
Perspective.

4) NFL 2020......
Will we see a full season? My guess is something happens and we don't. Not necessarily Covid related and that's what scares the shit out of me. I try not to expect and assume the worst but I have a bad feeling something is going to happen that will put a halt to the NFL season. I'm a HUGE NFL fan and I sure hope I am wrong.
Stay tuned.....

5) Dude.......
There is one person on TV who creeps me out and I can't for the life of me put my finger on why.
His name is Brad Edwards and he is the local CBS "anchorman" - or maybe I should just call him a Newscaster. His looks, voice, and demeanor, all creep me out. I can't explain it and I can't watch him.
So I don't.

Bonus......
Speaking of being creeped out. Today I saw the real life MRS. Garrison. I'm mad I didn't take a pic of him, her, it. He/she/it was riding his/her/its bike in "Boy's Town". I'm telling you, this person was the spitting image of MRS. Garrison.
No, I have not seen his/her/its penis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlckWrPGbXs
Deleted User 289

His reaction when people laugh reminds me of the classic Chan Ho Park diarrhea interview.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEpqlFZi3JA/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIEHPGj9sI
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:35 pm His reaction when people laugh reminds me of the classic Chan Ho Park diarrhea interview.

He's right, you know.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:35 pm His reaction when people laugh reminds me of the classic Chan Ho Park diarrhea interview.

He's right, you know.
Not only is he right, it was probably the most important issue brought in front of the city council that day.
I think it would be a fantastic start for our country - for us to become united for his "cause".
This dude could be the John Lennon of the 21st century.

Imagine there's no such thing as boneless chicken wings
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no such thing as boneless chicken wings
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...