21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We don't need anything more than good Dave. And Dave was good for us in conference last season. Just get more good Dave than bad Dave, it's proven to be effective.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 am We don't need anything more than good Dave. And Dave was good for us in conference last season. Just get more good Dave than bad Dave, it's proven to be effective.
But, what appears to be on the table for us this year is that it's one of those vintage Bill teams that can have a number of things go wrong, and still handle pretty decent teams.

Tuesday night, for example.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Just terrific play from newcomers on the big stage. Can't ask for more.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:22 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:50 pm One question I do have.... how many more 7 footers with a 7'4" wingspan will DMac have to go against this year. He is bad against size and MSU's Bingham is probably one of the biggest, longest dudes he will face all season.
I really hope he learns how to score on those skinny lanky dudes. Use your body. 4th year here and he is still trying to shoot over them sometimes instead of dishing out some punishment
those are exactly the situations where he needs to do his work early, and use his bulk to get position prior to the entry pass
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Michigan State will hover just under the top 25 I think all season.
Izzo will have them in the tourney like last season as a low seed.
Think the Oklahoma schools.

So we are all over reacting from one game - but to me, just guessing here, that looked like a B/B- performance from us.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have seen soooo many seasons of KU basketball, any time they start a season on national TV and look poised it is a great sign. Because I have seen some epic meltdowns. Bill has these guys in a good place already. Maybe we are spoiled for minutes choice though.
Deleted User 89

i don’t think anyone is overreacting, unless i missed something. nobody is being overly critical

B/B- seems about right
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 am We don't need anything more than good Dave. And Dave was good for us in conference last season. Just get more good Dave than bad Dave, it's proven to be effective.
But, what appears to be on the table for us this year is that it's one of those vintage Bill teams that can have a number of things go wrong, and still handle pretty decent teams.

Tuesday night, for example.
Great point, absolutely. Overall, Dave was probably a D on Tuesday--that wasn't a passing game for him. Most of CB's night, too. Och playing like a lotto pick erases so much. Remy balling in the clutch, too. Why it's important at this level to have a good amount of NBA caliber talent.

We should see some meat necklace games when our guys are all playing at their peak.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:37 am i don’t think anyone is overreacting, unless i missed something. nobody is being overly critical

B/B- seems about right
Most of the overreaction I've seen has been overly positive. Or jumping to conclusions right away about the frosh and Harris/Jalen minutes share. We'll just have to see. What's clear is we appear to have more options than last year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s hope so.

If we DO have more options, let’s explore them, instead of doubling down on the same stagnant lineup until the narrative in March once again becomes, hey maybe we should try throwing our bench guys into a bunch of minutes in the tournament to try and be more athletic and otherwise avoid loosing by 34 again
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jalen is a big question mark. He was inconsistent last year and the team suffered on occasion. He comes on like Och did, it is hard to be critical right now.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am Let’s hope so.

If we DO have more options, let’s explore them, instead of doubling down on the same stagnant lineup until the narrative in March once again becomes, hey maybe we should try throwing our bench guys into a bunch of minutes in the tournament to try and be more athletic and otherwise avoid loosing by 34 again
This ^^^^
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am Jalen is a big question mark. He was inconsistent last year and the team suffered on occasion. He comes on like Och did, it is hard to be critical right now.
Jalen finna be a double double machine
Deleted User 89

Sparko wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am Jalen is a big question mark. He was inconsistent last year and the team suffered on occasion. He comes on like Och did, it is hard to be critical right now.
this is why it strikes me as odd that some are already calling for him to take minutes from others

we haven’t seen anything from him yet this season

the TEAM might be better with him in a reduced role
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am Let’s hope so.

They're all vaccinated this year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:45 amwe haven’t seen anything from him yet this season

That's what I'd call an overreaction to one game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:32 am Michigan State will hover just under the top 25 I think all season.
Izzo will have them in the tourney like last season as a low seed.
Think the Oklahoma schools.

So we are all over reacting from one game - but to me, just guessing here, that looked like a B/B- performance from us.
But I guess that's my point - you need to be pretty damn good to beat a tournament team, handily, at a neutral site, when you're playing your B/B- game.

It's just a different margin for error. And that's before Remy really knows what he's doing.

The lineup just makes so much more sense this year, with guys being in right-sized roles (and, if Och really is a #1-, AA-type, yikes).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

In game 1, Och looked like he clearly got the message from the scouts on attacking and being aggressive. The worry there is just later reverting to who Ochai Agbaji kind of is at his core. He seems mature enough to not do that.

He's also in fantastic shape, though.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:50 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:45 amwe haven’t seen anything from him yet this season

That's what I'd call an overreaction to one game.
which? my take, or the take that he should already be getting CB’s minutes?
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:55 am In game 1, Och looked like he clearly got the message from the scouts on attacking and being aggressive. The worry there is just later reverting to who Ochai Agbaji kind of is at his core. He seems mature enough to not do that.

He's also in fantastic shape, though.
he played some soccer, donchaknow?

lol