Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:37 am There is no reason to believe that Mahomes wouldn't have simply thrown a 15 yard out route on the next play of that late hit wasn't called.
Would have or could have are totally different things.

Without that late hit I think the game goes to OT. It was absolutely the game deciding play imo.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Mahomes throws a 15 yard out route on the next play.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think if the Chief's first TD not called back by a weak flag Mahomes takes a knee and runs out the clock.

Let's countdown the 5-10 "deciding" plays of the game kids!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:02 am I think Mahomes throws a 15 yard out route on the next play.
You see how this works.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:56 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:37 am There is no reason to believe that Mahomes wouldn't have simply thrown a 15 yard out route on the next play of that late hit wasn't called.
Would have or could have are totally different things.

Without that late hit I think the game goes to OT. It was absolutely the game deciding play imo.
^^^

Speaking of "brothers", anyone know if Sparko has one who lives in Cincinnati? Because, if you've seen what Bengals fans think of last night's officiating on twitter, you might think so.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:44 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 pm I have to admit, I told Mrs. 99 that we were gonna loose at least 5 times
What the heck was the matter with you?!?!
There was NEVER ANY DOUBT in Casa de Canaleta.

^^^

bad fan
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

3 Possible bad Bengals calls/no calls:

Redo 3rd down ( we still punted ).
Eli Apple interference ( kinda iffy ).
No call hold on Mahomes 3rd down scamper that led to the personal foul.

3 Possible bad Chiefs calls/no calls:

Holding that reversed Pacheco TD.
No hold on Danna which led to a reversed INT from a PI call.
Toney catch not ruled a TD.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Even by NFL standards, that officiating was some pro rasslin shit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:26 am 3 Possible bad Bengals calls/no calls:

Redo 3rd down ( we still punted ).
Eli Apple interference ( kinda iffy ).
No call hold on Mahomes 3rd down scamper that led to the personal foul.

3 Possible bad Chiefs calls/no calls:

Holding that reversed Pacheco TD.
No hold on Danna which led to a reversed INT from a PI call.
Toney catch not ruled a TD.
There was a no call on a holding of Frank Clark where it looked like he was wearing a Bengals backpack the guy was so all over him. Had him hooked under both armpits from behind. I think Burrow scampered away and made a play. Obvious hold, far more than the Wylie call that reversed a TD. No call.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Holding is one of those calls that a ref can call holding (or NOT call holding) on pretty much every play.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:57 am Holding is one of those calls that a ref can call holding (or NOT call holding) on pretty much every play.
I see it as levels. There is a certain level of holding that happens on every play that simply cannot have every one of them called or the game is negatively impacted. Then there is an egregious level of holding that negatively changes the game if it is NOT called. Wylie's holding call was one of those that is usually not called.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The calls mostly balanced out yesterday. In the history of the NFL though, KC has been on the bad side most times. It is just so inconsistent. Calling it out is simple venting. The extra third down had been blown dead. That would have negated a long gain too. The one really bad situation was the scoring play review that cost the Chiefs a timeout. That was so close it should have been automatically done. After they missed the TD by Hill a few years ago, you would like to see all contested catches in the end zone reviewed without risk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm not listening to any of it. bangles got some breaks, we got some breaks.

I think back on the times that my teams got hosed, really hosed. AFC championship against brady. The $$$ game, the illy got hisself a timeout OU game....
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am I'm not listening to any of it. bangles got some breaks, we got some breaks.

I think back on the times that my teams got hosed, really hosed. AFC championship against brady. The $$$ game, the illy got hisself a timeout OU game....
There are six losses in the play offs that literally came down to one call against KC. So, the universe is sometimes good. Chiefs fans take nothing for granted.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:53 am
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am I'm not listening to any of it. bangles got some breaks, we got some breaks.

There are six losses in the play offs that literally came down to one call against KC. So, the universe is sometimes good.
This.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I want to take a moment from my day to acknowledge the Chiefs fans who clearly disrupted Joe Cool and his offense in the first half. Touchdowns became field goals. Timeouts were wasted. Those things changed the game. An assist has to be given to the fans.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:02 am I think Mahomes throws a 15 yard out route on the next play.
To whom exactly?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:58 pm
To whom exactly?
McKinnon wheel. MVS out. Kelce cross to the boundary. Skyy decoy long. Kemp short.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To himself.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It will be interesting to see how the great Eagles defense does against an elite QB. The list of QBs the Eagles have played against this season has been pretty unimpressive.

SF: Purdy/Johnson
NYG: Daniel Jones 3x
NO: Andy Dalton
DAL: Dak 2x (the only decent one and he hung 40 points on them)
CHI: Justin Fields
TEN: Ryan Tannehill
GB: Aaron Rodgers (the washed version)
IND: Matt Ryan
WAS: Taylor Heinicke and Carson Wentz
HOU: Davis Mills
PIT: Kenny Pickett
ARI: Kyler Murray
JAX: Trevor Lawrence
MIN: Kirk Cousins
DET: Jared Goff

Not exactly a murderer's row of NFL QBs. They faced none of the Top QBs in the game (Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Brady/Herbert/Hurts) while the Chiefs have now had 6 games this season against players from that group. Maybe this had something to do with how the Eagles lead the NFL in pass defense.

Very interested to see how our passing game performs if we get even most of our injured targets backs for the SB.