Video Games

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Video Games

Post by pdub »

If Call of Duty on the lowest setting is too difficult, i'd try something like Diablo III and put it on the easiest difficulty. It's a button masher.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks.

I chronicled my challenges in a hilarious thread on the .net.
99 vs the PS4 or something. I lost.
Defense. Rebounds.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

You guys don’t NEED virtual guns in today’s society. Thanks.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Red Dead Redemption II
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Soklous wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm You guys don’t NEED virtual guns in today’s society. Thanks.
I laughed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:50 pm Top 5 video games ( console ):
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. GoldenEye
3. Skyrim
4. Last of Us
5. Madden ( specifically Madden 05 )

Honorable mentions: Super Mario Bros, Castlevania II, Legend of Zelda, Eternal Darkness, FIFA 04, NCAABB 09, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 2

If we're including computer games, I'd put Starcraft as 1 and Diablo II as 5, eliminating Last of Us and Madden.
I loved Skyrim, hated Last of Us. Too boring and l just couldn't get into it at all. Any game with some sort of collection element to it affed to a pretty open world gets me to devote absurd hours; Skyrim, RDR2, Fallout 4, Madden MUT mode, etc...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am Revisiting this thread. With the football season coming to an end pretty soon, my time playing Madden 20 will wrap up in the next month or two. As a person with a pretty bad collector gene, I only play the Madden Ultimate Team these days. Fun to throw passes from Mahomes to Tony G and then hand off to Bo Jackson.

Anyone got any recommended PS4 games they really like? I played through RDR II and got pretty close to finishing it through to 100% a second time so kinda done with that. I haven't played any COD type shooters online in a while, dont want to listen to a bunch of teens cuss at me.

Looking for a new single player game.
It's not the cussing, it's the comprehensive ass-kicking. If you're out of practice on those games, your virtual dude will be in seven or more virtual pieces within nine seconds of spawning, all at the hands of some (possibly my) dipshit 12-year-old.
I do well enough online to enjoy playing it. I am antsy so I like to run around and cause chaos. I die alot but can get a good run going if I know the maps well.

It just makes me hate kids to have them screaming obscenities the whole time. It's been years since I played CoD or similar so maybe I give it a go again later this spring.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Love online COD play. When half of the group is mic'd...hearing them scream at their crying kids, pissed off wife yelling at them to go to work, and bong hits.....
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:58 pm Love online COD play. When half of the group is mic'd...hearing them scream at their crying kids, pissed off wife yelling at them to go to work, and bong hits.....
Ha, yeah when I had a group of folks online that I always joined back in my CoD playing days, there were several of them that were always doing bongs hits while we ran a game.

Reminds me, I need to get back out to Colorado soon.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

BTW, Assassin's Creed Odyssey is free for the next four days. Supposed to be an amazing game (started this thread) and I just downloaded it to my xbox.

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game ... d-to-know-
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

can it only be played for free over the next few days?

(didn’t read the link yet)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll be completing sets in Diablo 3 this weekend.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:36 pm can it only be played for free over the next few days?

(didn’t read the link yet)
Yeah. Until the 23rd. It’s also like a 60 hour game, but you can usually pick it up for cheap now. I’m about an hour in already. These massive games are always so slow to start.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hey all. Bumping this thread a bit. Recently me and my son started a twitch account for gaming. We play mostly Fortnite (Lame I know) but him and I enjoy playing together. Drop by and give us a follow if able. I play about twice a week at most and he almost daily.

twitch.tv/newtonhawk11

I know we don't try to get too personal on here, but he's so set on trying to get 50 followers. So we're very close to that goal! You guys will have to hear my voice and all that. But no video at least. Only audio for right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm I loved Red Dead One so I'll be getting Red Dead 2 eventually.
Also excited for Last of Us 2.
Nice bump.
Comes out in a week.
Preordered - have the day off.

But also follow newtonhawk's twitch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tomorrow.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I just got Skyrim on PS4 and despite it being a 9 year old PS3 game, it is still great. Hoping this holds me over until the PS5 comes out this holiday season. Seriously amped about that, initial games look amazing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I love me some Skyrim.

Very excited to see what story they came up for Joel and Ellie in this next Last of Us.
Reviews are a good sign.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

One of the very first "oh, shit, we're gonna be in this house together for a while" purchases I made when this nuttiness started was the Lego Harry Potter games on my PS4. It was remastered from the PS3 and included both the Years 1-4 and the Years 5-7 games.

Both my kids and I are Harry Potter junkies and each of them has now played through both games multiple times. They can play together or by themselves. They talk to each other about it. It's the most I have seen my two kids interact ever. They're 17 and 7 so not a lot of common ground. This has been really fun; I'll miss it when I have to go back to work.

This has been the best $25 I have spent in my life.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Civ VI was free to "buy" a couple weeks ago. On slower days, one of my monitors has it up.