Opposite woman question

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Opposite woman question

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is, especially given that HD can't ride an elevator without hearing about another woman's relationships?
Not sure why you would ask/discuss personal affairs with a co-worker of the opposite sex. Not sure why would care to begin with.
I think I made it pretty clear why.

I interact with this person every single day. We talk about a myriad of topics, she's never once mentioned a relationship, past, current, serious, not serious, that she's single, etc. I know that she worked as a waitress in a pizzeria during HS, I know that she went to an all-girls HS, I know where she went to college, I know that she used to do research on TB, I know that the town she is from is famous for steaming their hamburgers, I know that she has a cat, I know both her father's and mother's profession, I know her political beliefs, I know what musical acts she likes, etc. These are all things she's shared with me.

I'm sorry to hear you've never discussed anything personal with a co-worker before. Sounds like you've never had a friend. Usually in pleasant conversation, personal stuff comes up. "what'd you do this weekend?" "Went to a movie with my boyfriend, you?" "Wife and I went apple picking."

I met my wife at work. I know a lot of people who've done that. I think it's incredibly sad that you don't give a shit about anyone of the opposite sex that you work with. You sound like a sociopath.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:16 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 am Shame on you and your amatonormative beliefs. Let her be.
😛
...this is at least the second time you've brought up amatonormative?
It is my new favorite word. It is my duty to teach it. That post was a PSA.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is, especially given that HD can't ride an elevator without hearing about another woman's relationships?
Not sure why you would ask/discuss personal affairs with a co-worker of the opposite sex. Not sure why would care to begin with.
I think it's incredibly sad that you don't give a shit about anyone of the opposite sex that you work with. You sound like a sociopath.
Funniest post on here in a while.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:50 pm

I think it's incredibly sad that you don't give a shit about anyone of the opposite sex that you work with. You sound like a sociopath.
Funniest post on here in a while.
The previous co-worker who worked in the same spot, who I didn't even get along with nearly as well, I still knew her bf/fiance/now husband, and was invited to her wedding. I know the status of everyone else I work closely with, I've met the spouses of every one of my married co-workers. It's something that usually comes up...but I'm weird for noticing that she's never said anything about it.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:57 pm ...but I'm weird for noticing that she's never said anything about it.
No. But you are weird for caring.

You should familiarize yourself with something called #metomovement. Before you get all swept up in it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

That might be the single dumbest thing anyone besides pwhittemore has posted on this message board. I know the board isn't that old, but still.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are 362 posts that are dumber than that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 pm There are 676 posts that are dumber than that.
I didn't count those.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm The woman I work most closely with (physically, we share the same research space) for the past 2 years, is an attractive woman in her mid-20s.

I'm not even sure what her orientation is. She's never mentioned a date, or anything.

I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is?
Follow your first instinct's, and just leave it be. But if you must, be sure to be feeling the fabric of her blouse between your fingers as you are asking her what her "orientation" is.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You're a fucking creep.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:25 pm You're a fucking creep.
I'm not the one that started a thread wondering "why I don't know the sexual orientation and sexual history of my attractive co-worker in her mid 20's."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:25 pm You're a fucking creep.
I'm not the one that started a thread wondering "why I don't know the sexual orientation and sexual history of my attractive co-worker in her mid 20's."
No. I'm the one who asked why would someone not talk about their relationship status.

You made all kinds of assumptions about it because you think that talking to a female is the same thing as sexually assaulting her because #metoo.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm sorry that your old tiny brain can't understand that two people of the opposite sex could work together, have a platonic relationship and talk about their personal lives with no consequence or ulterior motives.

I have friendly relationships with a lot of people I work or have worked with and they tell me if they have a date, are married, are single, broke up with someone, etc.

You should try to get a friend some day, I think it'd be healthy for you. Might not make you so pessimistic and negative in every one of your fucking miserable posts.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are PhD and MICHHAWK rivals from before?
I don't recall.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I didn't think so. They don't seem to like each other all that much.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The best part of dotnet was that michhawk didn't post there.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there is our answer.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I thought maybe someone would go, "I worked with someone who never mentioned their relationships, turned out he was living a double life and married to two different women." Or, something funny like, "maybe she's tired of always bringing up her boyfriend to creepy guys like HD on the elevator." Or maybe someone would say something scientific. Or give a reasonable explanation for why she's private especially about that specific thing.

Instead I get debby-downer accusing me of sexual assault. Good times.

All this site needed was yet another member of the keepin' you in check gang. Let's make sure we don't ever joke around or have too much fun here.

Fucking politics bored.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hey PhD, you could ask her. In a totally, non threatening non creepy way.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I think I will, I'll report back when I do.

She is organizing a tailgate for the game against Princeton this weekend. My wife and I are going (Oh fuck...I see what you did 99, you little pervert, you just wanted me to mention that I'm married...#metoo) maybe that'd be the place to ask her. I'll just be like, "you remember my wife, did you bring anyone with you?"