No hardware for 2018-2019 KU

Kansas Basketball.
painter

Re: No hardware for 2018-2019 KU

Post by painter »

College coaches in the NBA do not have a good track record, especially in Chicago.
What makes anyone think they are in a huge hurry to repeat the Hoiberg experiment ?
Hoiberg actually played in the NBA, Bill did not.
Bill has zero NBA experience in comparison to The Mayor and The Mayor didn't last long.

Brad Stevens is the outlier here in comparison to all the other college coaches turned NBA coach.

This is some internet jackass trying to get some attention.
painter

Post by painter »

painter wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 pm College coaches in the NBA do not have a good track record, especially in Chicago.
What makes anyone think they are in a huge hurry to repeat the Hoiberg experiment ?
Bill has zero NBA experience in comparison to The Mayor and The Mayor didn't last long.

Brad Stevens is the outlier here in comparison to all the other college coaches turned NBA coach.
Jay Wright would be a better choice if I were an NBA exec looking for a new coach

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 pm He's got the world by the ass and he's not a stupid man.
True. I hope he doesn't leave of course.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

jhawk73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 pm Here's something that could change everything:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls ... ext-season

That would be pulling a Calipari though - leaving town just before the NCAA posse shows up.
More like Pete Carroll. Maybe his only move. If he stays could be just complicates things, he jets to NBA the NCAA can't really impact him. So the NCAA made a request that KU says Adidas representative T.J. Gassnola was a "booster" of Kansas athletics in the De Sousa case.

Some how we said yes to this. Not sure why we did but the NCAA just hammered De Sousa and our foolish decision for sure going to cause some problems.

We have made some tragic decisions lately.

Gassnola a booster??? Did we really say yea he is????
Suing for a million cause we got defrauded???? Exactly how???
Turning in some football stuff self reported?? We trying to not pay Beaty????

The future is not that bright

This is such a fucking joke. The NCAA is clueless. We going to put together a panel and Condoleezza Rice is going to make things just perfect???

LSU has not had a good basketball team since???

Auburn?? When have they been any good???

Who has the number one recruiting class in 2019??

Duke gets #1 #2 and #3 recruits in 2018????? Nothing going on there???

Wade buy him some players at LSU????

Not one but two of Pearl's assistants get fried???

Sean says I'm going out on top in Arizona. Nike says no problem.

If you want Zion and R J and Cam you better bring the brinks truck.

s
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

painter wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:59 pm College coaches in the NBA do not have a good track record, especially in Chicago.

I could see Bill leaving for the NBA. But not for that job.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think hartjack really tied one off last night
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

To which I say: good for him.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

He makes more sense than not though. Lot of ridiculousness in college hoops. Dyrdek would be proud.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 pm He's got the world by the ass and he's not a stupid man.
Actually, the world may have him by the ass these days - and while he may not be a stupid man, he's proven he's not as smart as we like/d to give him credit for being.
That being said, he's not going to coach the Bools next season. He's on their list as to being a person of interest but he's not someone they are dying to hire.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...has Bill resigned yet?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Let's hope he has a reason not to for the next 3 weeks.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KU coach Bill Self addresses NBA rumors: ‘I look forward to being here for a long time’

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 80074.html
“The Bulls thing is as far-fetched ...” he told the Star on Monday. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve never talked to anybody from the Bulls about any employment opportunities. They have a coach and I’m not a candidate for that position and will not be.”

[...]

“My motivation is as strong as ever to be the Kansas coach, to further this program, and to see the situation with the NCAA through,” Self said. “Totally through. Never say never, because you don’t know how both parties may feel, but that is my stance and I look forward to being here for a long time.

“I want to add something else, too. I said years ago that I didn’t know if I wanted to coach forever. But this past year has motivated me to remain in this business for a long time. I want it on record that I want to coach for a long time.”
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm KU coach Bill Self addresses NBA rumors: ‘I look forward to being here for a long time’

“The Bulls thing is as far-fetched ...” he told the Star on Monday. “I don’t know where that came from. I’ve never talked to anybody from the Bulls about any employment opportunities. They have a coach and I’m not a candidate for that position and will not be.”

[...]

“My motivation is as strong as ever to be the Kansas coach, to further this program, and to see the situation with the NCAA through,” Self said. “Totally through. Never say never, because you don’t know how both parties may feel, but that is my stance and I look forward to being here for a long time.

“I want to add something else, too. I said years ago that I didn’t know if I wanted to coach forever. But this past year has motivated me to remain in this business for a long time. I want it on record that I want to coach for a long time.”
Some strong quotes from Self to Mellinger. Telling him to quote that and whatnot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't give a shit about north carolina
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

PhD. Damn you.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Certainly seems like that ended all that or he is like 90% of the other college coaches that lie right through their teeth.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If I were to gutter my way through the quotes, I could twist the words into Bill being worried for his job here.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:31 pm If I were to gutter my way through the quotes, I could twist the words into Bill being worried for his job here.
Hi, Gutman

Just to make you feel a little better, though, I thought something similar when I read this bit: "to see the situation with the NCAA through."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Self has also always presented himself as just a lowly university employee.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm KU coach Bill Self addresses NBA rumors: ‘I look forward to being here for a long time’

[...]

Whew! Well that's that.