Season ticket seat selections today

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: Season ticket seat selections today

Post by holidaysmore »

That very well could have played a part along with the fear / uncertainty, at least early on of Self possibly leaving and the looming potential NCAA sanctions.

You couple having the worst year in the last 14 along with everything else tied in it was like a perfect storm for why KU was promoting so much for season tickets.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If people are loosing interest in the team because last year was so bad, then we have some pretty spoiled ass fans.

Plenty of good reasons why someone would want to not renew season tickets, going 26-10, finishing 3rd in the conference, and being a 4 seed in the tournament, by itself, given the recent run, isn't a good one.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it's because they are getting such good content on kansascrimson that they basically can see and know what happens reading threads instead.

Why live it when you've got doyel's play by plays.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am sure the answer is that there are many factors. The lack of roster continuity is one. So is complacency or being spoiled.

Cost is also absolutely a factor, particularly with intensified demand/desire for Chiefs tickets. If you have a few grand to spend on season tickets to something, are you choosing KU basketball or Chiefs? The answer, for many may be Chiefs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Those people are loosers.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 am Those people are loosers.
it'd be like getting rid of your budget to eat at Ruth's Chris because you wanted to make room for more money to go to Steak 'N Shake

Only in a world where 8 meals at Steak 'N Shake cost the same as 18 meals at Ruth's Chris.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 am I am sure the answer is that there are many factors. The lack of roster continuity is one. So is complacency or being spoiled.

Cost is also absolutely a factor, particularly with intensified demand/desire for Chiefs tickets. If you have a few grand to spend on season tickets to something, are you choosing KU basketball or Chiefs? The answer, for many may be Chiefs.
Are those people really intertwined though? I don't see many bluehairs picking between FT line halfway up at AFH or sitting in Arrowhead 8 Sundays a year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think there's a ton of overlap in the chairbacks (AFH) and club level (Arrowhead) groups.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Honestly, if it meant fewer people saying "home of the chiefs" at the end of the national anthem at AFH, it's probably a good thing, even if there's a decrease in revenue.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That's only going to get more and more prominent/noticeable for the foreseeable future.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'll be rooting for the chargers, raiders, and broncos for the foreseeable future.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Going to be a long 15 years for you then, PhD.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 am Going to be a long 15 years for you then, PhD.
I doubt it. The extent of me caring about the results of the AFC west is its impact on the last 4 seconds of the national anthem at games in AFH that I, unfortunately, don't get to attend very often. So, in the grand scheme of things, I don't actually care.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 am If people are loosing interest in the team because last year was so bad, then we have some pretty spoiled ass fans.

Plenty of good reasons why someone would want to not renew season tickets, going 26-10, finishing 3rd in the conference, and being a 4 seed in the tournament, by itself, given the recent run, isn't a good one.
At the $,$$$+ amount it costs to be a season ticket holder, some folks who are already struggling to justify the amount may have a pretty quick trigger. Especially when the Chiefs are on the verge of what they appear to be and someone only has so much $ to put towards tickets for sporting events.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am
it'd be like getting rid of your budget to eat at Ruth's Chris because you wanted to make room for more money to go to Steak 'N Shake

Only in a world where 8 meals at Steak 'N Shake cost the same as 18 meals at Ruth's Chris.
Lots of Chiefs fans want to be in Arrowhead when the Chiefs finally win to advance to the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't do it personally but I'd guess many would trade 2 season tickets to KU hoops for 2 prime seats to Arrowhead for the 2 playoff games.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:25 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am

Lots of Chiefs fans want to be in Arrowhead when the Chiefs finally win to advance to the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't do it personally but I'd guess many would trade 2 season tickets to KU hoops for 2 prime seats to Arrowhead for the 2 playoff games.
see pdub's original post.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:21 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 am If people are loosing interest in the team because last year was so bad, then we have some pretty spoiled ass fans.

At the $,$$$+ amount it costs to be a season ticket holder, some folks who are already struggling to justify the amount may have a pretty quick trigger. Especially when the Chiefs are on the verge of what they appear to be and someone only has so much $ to put towards tickets for sporting events.
So you're agreeing with me that last season, by itself isn't a good reason to give up season tickets.

Next time just quote me and say "I agree with PhD, he's a genius." It will save everyone some time.

Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I think it is simple. People who have had tickets for years and lost the value of their previous donations are telling them to fuck off. I only bought last year because I wasn't aware of the change. If you want good tickets, you probably need to donate $2,500/yr. I donated a lot in the past and thought that would keep me in good shape as I approached retirement. The $2,500 required donation essentially doubles the cost of the tickets. I can purchase good tickets for the games I want to attend and save a lot of money.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Kiddo went on a KU admissions tour earlier this month. The slick recruiting video included the chant with the WOO in it. Sacrilegious
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

This has nothing to do with KU, this is just how things are today. Makes so much more sense to buy tickets to the games you want to go to. Season ticket holders are dying by the minute.

And, there’s nothing wrong with that