kstate game

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: kstate game

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's the spirit, CnB!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Saturday is going to be big. Really big. I so hope that the KU crowd brings it on on Saturday. That could be a huge advantage for the good guys.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Better be a good showing. Last week was pathetic.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:05 pm Better be a good showing. Last week was pathetic.
That was embarrassing. Worst crowd of the year. This team deserves better.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm That's because it will be too dark and cold after the game to take the tractors back to taterville.
Pure gold brother, pure gold
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So there's reports of a new KU uniform this weekend. And from what I've read (Haven't seen a picture) they are not good, at all.

Adidas fell flat big time and apparently there's not many people out there that will like them from those who have seen a picture. Granted, always could be different and look better out on the field, but from pictures, it's ugly and surprising Les signed off on them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

adidas...falling flat 'big time' never heard that before.

As long as they aren't the black / white combo they wore awhile back. Those were awful. I have liked the Jayhawker and WWI uniforms the last two years.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

We have the perfect color scheme and mascot to make incredibly dope uniforms.

So frustrating that we/Adidas can’t figure it out. The 1941 Jayhawk needs to be on every football jersey or helmet.

The current Jayhawk can be used everywhere else.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Again this is from what I've read and not a picture...

Grey base for jersey. One shoulder has blue, the other shoulder has red. Not sure on color of pants or what helmet will be.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:58 am We have the perfect color scheme and mascot to make incredibly dope uniforms.

So frustrating that we/Adidas can’t figure it out. The 1941 Jayhawk needs to be on every football jersey or helmet.

The current Jayhawk can be used everywhere else.
The kids really like the rotating stuff.

I'd prefer something close the New York Giants, but whatever.

It's KU football, just don't fuck with the blue hoops unis, and I'll defer to the players on the gridiron.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They'll look a lot better after we win.
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

You can determine Bluemont's potential attendance at the game by looking for tents and campers near the Kaw River or the KOA campground on Highway 40. Also check how depleted the bologna section is at the local Dillon's grocery store.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I do laugh that there's a lot of buzz from the taters that it's going to be a 50/50 stadium. KU has had 30K in every game this year. Think there's a ton of KU fans who will be there. Expect a 70/30 stadium split, I think. Although, it is disappointing that the least attended game was the Tech game.

It'd be disappointing if it's anything close to 50/50.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Leawood wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am You can determine Bluemont's potential attendance at the game by looking for tents and campers near the Kaw River or the KOA campground on Highway 40. Also check how depleted the bologna section is at the local Dillon's grocery store.
More gold, well done
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:06 pm
Leawood wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am You can determine Bluemont's potential attendance at the game by looking for tents and campers near the Kaw River or the KOA campground on Highway 40. Also check how depleted the bologna section is at the local Dillon's grocery store.
More gold, well done
I missed this. Well done Leawood. Well freaking done.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Heck, look at the website for Dillon's. Bologna is buy one get another one at half price. That, and a loaf of white Wonder bread is lunch at the campground before the game. Of course, Bluemont folks won't know about this deal until the wagon train delivers the internet messages this afternoon.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we win the students are gonna tear down the posts, right?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Apparently according to some who were on the field last Saturday against Tech, the security people around the posts were saying to wait until next week and they'll have more freedom.

So, in essence, I think Long has given the security the OK to let them do what they want on the field as long as kstate players get off the field. He'll gladly accept the $25,000 fine.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

IF KU wins it will be an all out march to Potter Lake. $25k is nothing compared to the amount of money KUAD has been spending lately.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am So there's reports of a new KU uniform this weekend. And from what I've read (Haven't seen a picture) they are not good, at all.

Adidas fell flat big time and apparently there's not many people out there that will like them from those who have seen a picture. Granted, always could be different and look better out on the field, but from pictures, it's ugly and surprising Les signed off on them.
First look at the jersey apparently KU is wearing Saturday. Don’t get the gray as that’s kstate color but not horrible, but not great.

https://twitter.com/jwalt_ku/status/118 ... 26017?s=21