Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 104

Re: Chiefs SuperBowl Champs

Post by Deleted User 104 »

vmlb wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:12 pm
lobster wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm 6:17 minutes left: 20-10

Final: 20-31

Fuck those 9er coaches. They thought they had it won.
Still trying to understand why they didn't just keep running it down the chefs throat. They had plenty of time.
They had a few chances at the end. That long bomb late was way overthrown, but if it hadn't been, SF might have won the game. That no call on the delay of game was the only call I think SF got screwed with. But even so, there's no guarantee they would have converted on 4th and 15. I don't feel too bad about it as there were some bad calls against us earlier.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The calls balanced out. There were some helmet grabs on both sides. I felt like the OPI offset the DH on on the Chief’s FG drive. There was more than one delay they missed on Jimmy G. Like I said on the other thread: the Chiefs usually do well against the 9ers. Reverse jinx
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

https://twitter.com/grifflamar22/status ... ">February
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Feral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 pm

https://twitter.com/grifflamar22/status ... ">February
That moment really pissed me off at the time.

Anyone calling in tomorrow, or taking the day off due to hangover? :D Sadly, I won't be able to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:53 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm I was at a watch party with super casual football fans—Mahomes threw that fluky int, I may or may not have banned GQ for a day ( it worked v Houston ! ) and we left.

On the drive home, the last play on the radio was the 40 yard Hill catch.

Got inside, flipped on the TV, hello momentum. You are welcome.
bad fan
No shit.

I'm sitting here with a 102 degree fever -- probably due to my recent travels to Chinatown -- and there was no way in hell I was missing a thing.
I don't think you understand.
The energy at the watch party was not there - I think secretly people there wanted the 9ers - I had to get outta there.
I live ten minutes away so I listened on the radio until I could get home and made it home with 7 minutes left -- saw the Kelce TD.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:56 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:53 pm

bad fan
No shit.

I'm sitting here with a 102 degree fever -- probably due to my recent travels to Chinatown -- and there was no way in hell I was missing a thing.
I don't think you understand.
The energy at the watch party was not there - I think secretly people there wanted the 9ers - I had to get outta there.
I live ten minutes away so I listened on the radio until I could get home and made it home with 7 minutes left -- saw the Kelce TD.
That’s why I abandoned watch parties altogether. Totinos and enemy fans.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I saw one guy at P&L wearing a Garoppolo jersey. He was by himself. I briefly thought about his well being when the 49ers were up 20-10 in the 4th. Figured at least one disgruntled Chiefs fan would get in his face if the 49ers won. I wouldn't be shocked if the guy had the same thought/s as me in that regard - and secretly he was happy the 49ers lost.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Anybody know what time the Chiefs are due back in KC and are they flying in to MCI?
I have a feeling I might be fucked on one hand (traffic and logistic issues at the airport) and fortunate to see them on the other.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hope you had fun Gutter!!

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

What a team. What a season. What a quarterback.

Let it all soak in. The Chiefs are on top of the football world.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

lobster wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Still trying to understand why they didn't just keep running it down the chefs throat. They had plenty of time.
They had a few chances at the end. That long bomb late was way overthrown, but if it hadn't been, SF might have won the game. That no call on the delay of game was the only call I think SF got screwed with. But even so, there's no guarantee they would have converted on 4th and 15. I don't feel too bad about it as there were some bad calls against us earlier.
I mean, when the gripe you have with the refs is that they missed a penalty against you, maybe you need to look in the mirror and get a real passing offense.

If I'm a 49er fan this morning, I'm wondering what the fuck is going on where the coach just doesn't trust the "franchise" quarterback. The end of the first half stuff was bizarre - when has any Mahomes opponent said "you know what, we don't need any more points"?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

my head hurts
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 ammy head hurts
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Still can't believe it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

It feels great to be winners
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:11 am
I mean, when the gripe you have with the refs is that they missed a penalty against you, maybe you need to look in the mirror and get a real passing offense.

If I'm a 49er fan this morning, I'm wondering what the fuck is going on where the coach just doesn't trust the "franchise" quarterback. The end of the first half stuff was bizarre - when has any Mahomes opponent said "you know what, we don't need any more points"?
Truly bizarre. Yes, in what world do you think 20-23 points beats the chiefs? An egregious error in what was otherwise a good coaching day for him.

Niners were also having no problems moving the ball. This is also the same thing that killed him in LI. Reid the more aggressive coach? Bizarreness.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am

Truly bizarre. Yes, in what world do you think 20-23 points beats the chiefs? An egregious error in what was otherwise a good coaching day for him.

Niners were also having no problems moving the ball. This is also the same thing that killed him in LI. Reid the more aggressive coach? Bizarreness.
The reason I'm feeling like the line for Mahomes now is closer to 3.5 than it is to 1.5 is that they basically stole one last night. Pat wasn't great, Reid's playcalling was atrocious for the most part...and yet.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am

Shanahan was really good in the grand scheme of things. Had WRs open all night, the running backs all did well and they were very patient..

Butttttttt he lost the game in 3 parts.

1. The first FG on 4th and 5 from the 20. You can't take 3 there. Chiefs had to look at that as a victory.
2. The end of the first half. Should have called a timeout after the screen pass. Wasted quite a few precious seconds there, even more magnified when they got to midfield.
3. The play selection in the 4th quarter. You gashed KC all night running the ball. I get why you throw it in some cases because you think the defense is playing run-heavy, but those calls were bad.

I never would have thought that Andy Reid would have been the more aggressive coach.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Reid was not great, agree.

I think Pat was better than what appeared. Yes, one poor throw and one really poor throw, but his real issue was the Chiefs O-Line getting abused for 3+ quarters.

But, a lights out 4th quarter stole it. That’s why you draft 1st round QB talent.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's good sports fans - who congratulate you and talk about the good things your team did.
And then there's bad/jealous sports fans who blame it on the opposing team.
You didn't 'win', the other team lost.

I don't like those fans.