Who you gonna blame?

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Who you gonna blame?

Post by japhy »

Many banks, including Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase, have limited applications to customers with preexisting relationships. Under the program, banks must conduct due diligence on small businesses’ applications, and banking industry officials have said that process is easiest with companies they already know well.
That led to complaints from some mom-and-pop businesses that they were being crowded out of the program by larger companies with extensive ties to big banks.

So reading between the lines here, if you already have a line of credit with the bank for an amount as large or larger than the amount of the PPP loan you are asking for, your paperwork is practically done. The bank can approve your loan immediately and they are happy to help a good client make sure they have everything they need to get through a complicated and confused process when the SBA websites crash and don't keep up with demand for information.

It is first come first served. So the banks bigger customers who they do the most business with, are first in line.

And yes DC, the banks decide who gets the money. All they are doing is processing the first applications first, what could be more fair? Somebody has to be the scapegoat when this all gets out and big banks are the honey badgers of the economy, they don't give a shit.

The end result of all of this is the big will get bigger and smaller will disappear. There will be consolidation and acquisitions and reduction of competition leading to higher profit margins as the economy comes back.

The time of vulture capitalism is almost here again!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:39 pm I heard another bank is processing more than Goldman.

Probably. it's just that Goldman and Blackrock are up to their necks in this shit.

And I resent them to begin with.
While this probably troubles them to some degree, I suspect they will sleep well tonight in spite of the shame.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

As I told Geezer, I'm doing my part to Burn It The Fuck Down.

But yes, it's an uphill fight, to put it mildly.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm As I told Geezer, I'm doing my part to Burn It The Fuck Down.

On the plus side, gasoline is cheap right now. I have a pretty good supply of black powder if you need some.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I just bought a mid sized drum of .223.
When the shit goes down, you are welcome to come get some.

All if you.

Just, be sure to bring your guns....
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

On my way
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:40 pm I just bought a mid sized drum of .223.
When the shit goes down, you are welcome to come get some.

All if you.

Just, be sure to bring your guns....
I'd be tickled to have a couple of boxes of .22 SR. Do you know where I could find those?
Deleted User 62

.22 is the new gold.
I don't have anything that fire .22.

If I come across some, I will PM you.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm As I told Geezer, I'm doing my part to Burn It The Fuck Down.

Look what you have done you fuck! Rallying the libs and the conservatives around a common theme, talk of an armed insurrection.

Now before you get started here, let's all understand that vulture capitalists fill a vital niche in the economic ecosystem. We are just here to clean up the carcasses so that they don't rot in the streets and cause more disease and pestilence. We are merely doing the work nature intended us to do. We are doing the work you don't have the stomach for. We are kinda like the Mexicans who pick the fruit for your grocery stores, and Rosa Parks. Yeah; we are kinda like Rosa Parks.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:29 am

Look what you have done you fuck! Rallying the libs and the conservatives around a common theme, talk of an armed insurrection.

Now before you get started here, let's all understand that vulture capitalists fill a vital niche in the economic ecosystem. We are just here to clean up the carcasses so that they don't rot in the streets and cause more disease and pestilence. We are merely doing the work nature intended us to do. We are doing the work you don't have the stomach for. We are kinda like the Mexicans who pick the fruit for your grocery stores, and Rosa Parks. Yeah; we are kinda like Rosa Parks.
lol.

Paul Krugman says "hi".
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 am .22 is the new gold.

It was like 8 years ago. I havent had any problems finding it in the last 3 or 4 years. But ive never looked for shorts
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 am

It was like 8 years ago. I havent had any problems finding it in the last 3 or 4 years. But ive never looked for shorts
I see nothing but empty shelves for .22 in Texas. Buddy of mine caught Academy filling the shelves about 2 months ago and bought all that they had.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I have a pump action short barrel Winchester 97 rifle that my grandfather gave me in 1964. I haven't been able to find ammo for at least 12 years around Lawrence.
Deleted User 62

defixione wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:32 pm I have a pump action short barrel Winchester 97 rifle that my grandfather gave me in 1964. I haven't been able to find ammo for at least 12 years around Lawrence.
My grand pa had that exact same gun.
One of the first guns I ever shot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 am

I see nothing but empty shelves for .22 in Texas. Buddy of mine caught Academy filling the shelves about 2 months ago and bought all that they had.
Interesting. It was like that here in 2012/13. But i see the big buckets and bricks of .22 everywhere. That has changed in the last month or so and it is more scarce now but I saw it last time I was at the farm store
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I just have to point out that all of this "ammo" talk is really making me horny.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Keep it in your pants
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

chiknbut wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:45 am I just have to point out that all of this "ammo" talk is really making me horny.
Just think how damp it makes the ladies!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »