CHAZ

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: CHAZ

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

People still wonder how it got to this point . . .
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess they wanna be known as CHOP now - Capitol Hill Organized (or Occupied) Protest.

https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/a ... 341281.php

Protesters and several elected officials — some of whom have come out to the protests — have said the use of force was not proportional and accused police of instigating conflict. The Office of Police Accountability will be investigating thousands of complaints it received during the protests about actions taken by police.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bill Self already has copyright protections on CHOP.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 am Back up a few fire trucks. Pull out the hoses. Turn on the water. Point. Clean the streets. Problem solved.

Dopeytowne down the drain.
So your solution to people protesting police brutality is more police brutality. Got it. Thanks.
That is how soft headed people react.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 am Bill Self already has copyright protections on CHOP.
Collins got pushed!...falls!...Chalmers shoots!...OOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Well, this thread got either really gross or highlights incredible ignorance.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 am Back up a few fire trucks. Pull out the hoses. Turn on the water. Point. Clean the streets. Problem solved.

Man, that gave me a good laugh. :D
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Comments made on Juneteenth. Not Nice.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:24 am
Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 pm Don't worry, they are growing their own garden now so they'll have food to survive. The irony is, they've sort of created an anarchist paradise, given that many of them want more government.
They will get tired, bored and will go away just like "occupy wall street".
To be fair though, there were a group of anarchist thugs that latched onto the original occupy protests. These anarchist people unfortunately take advantage of these events. I support some of what the occupy movement was against, but their biggest and most obvious flaw was that they didn't blame the government for creating an asset bubble and instead just blamed the corporations.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Don’t confuse your causes. occupy seattle is antifa/anarchists/dingbats that are protesting having to work for a paycheck.
Deleted User 318

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm Don’t confuse your causes. occupy seattle is antifa/anarchists/dingbats that are protesting having to work for a paycheck.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was bummed that OWS was so vilified - expectedly so by the big corporate media, but perhaps less expectedly so (or completely expectedly so) by so many who might stand to benefit economically from the movement.

If it just got the momentum.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm Don’t confuse your causes. occupy seattle is antifa/anarchists/dingbats that are protesting having to work for a paycheck.
Right.

Just like Kap kneeling was about disrespecting our troops.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I understand their frustration in a lot of ways. America is not much of a manufacturing country anymore, and most of the jobs people earn out of school are in the service sector. A lot of those jobs are hard work and pay very little, or barely enough. But life is hard for all of us and you have to continue to push through into something better for yourself. I'm sure a lot of the anger is actually being directed at the economy, whether they admit it or not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Outside of STEM, how much is a degree really worth toward a career, anyway?

At least undergrad
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

As my daddy used to say “ain’t no law says you gotta like your job.”
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm Outside of STEM, how much is a degree really worth toward a career, anyway?

At least undergrad
A lot of degrees are pretty much worthless, right, especially now with so many people having them. It seems like if one doesn't go into IT or computer field, it's much harder to find a high paying job. But there's always opportunity for those who think a little outside the box.
Deleted User 318

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:30 pm As my daddy used to say “ain’t no law says you gotta like your job.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The Merican Dream by Michhawk:

Work jobs you don’t like so you can buy shit you don’t need.