Redskins

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Redskins

Post by pdub »

Another option is taking a look at that poll and saying this isn't a big deal.

It actually truly is another option that isn't wrong, only wrong to a certain type of person.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:11 am
TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 am So I was talking about this with my buddy who is Native (Nez Perce and Yakama to be exact). He likes the redskins name,he says that, even though it may not be the most flattering name, at least it means they haven't been forgotten yet. He doesn't want to change the name because he says the more politically correct we get the more we forget.
I dont need there to be a football team named "Redskins" to remember that we have treated native Americans like shit since the moment white europeans stepped foot on this continent.
Not my words. Youre arguing with my native american buddy about how HE feels. Typical 2coach
I didn't say anything about how he feels. I stated how I feel.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Of course. Typical 2 coach

You made it about you?? No way!
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

As a person who is part Native American, I don't think they should change their name. People need to grow up and stop looking for something to be offended by.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:01 pm Of course. Typical 2 coach

You made it about you?? No way!
So which is it? Did I talk about how I feel or did I argue about how he feels? You don't seem to feel the need to call out anyone else who shared their opinions on the topic.

You're just creating drama where there isn't any because you have a problem with me personally.

Typical Tdub.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nah youre just one of the least self aware people Ive ever heard/read
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:05 pm Nah youre just one of the least self aware people Ive ever heard/read
"...the more politically correct we get the more we forget."

I assume that I (and everyone else who read your post) was included in your use of the word "we" and I responded to that. Again, you completely ignored the post where a user actually questioned your friend's logic and chose instead to make something out of nothing because it was posted by me. You tried to guess what I was thinking or what I "really meant" and you simply guessed wrong. It happens.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:09 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:05 pm Nah youre just one of the least self aware people Ive ever heard/read

I assume that I (and everyone else who read your post) was included in your use of the word "we" and I responded to that. Again, you completely ignored the post where a user actually questioned your friend's logic and chose instead to make something out of nothing because it was posted by me. You tried to guess what I was thinking or what I "really meant" and you simply guessed wrong. It happens.
Did you actually read Ous' post or just the part where he said the logic was off?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Did you actually read Ous' post or just the part where he said the logic was off?
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So thats a no then?
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I would like to see the Chiefs honor the tribes who settled the area of the confluence of the Kaw and Missouri River. Maybe Kiowa, Osage or Kansa could be added and celebrated.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:29 pm Another option is taking a look at that poll and saying this isn't a big deal.

It actually truly is another option that isn't wrong, only wrong to a certain type of person.
Polls are fake news. Ask Trump.

But for real, polls are often (in)intentionally misleading. Here is the ‘update’ to that 4 year old news source you referenced.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Do I personally think the name is ‘offensive’?

No, but I don’t have the paradigm to make such a claim. My biggest thought in it is, ‘man, the cowboys and Indians won’t be a rivalry anymore?’

But, what is offensive is that an actual slur is the nickname of a team located in our capital (location only matters for effect).

What is more offensive is that this is brought to light again, today, by corporate dollars, and that only the influence on profits will mark a change.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Irish were discriminated against for decades. You hearing this Notre Dame?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 am Irish were discriminated against for decades. You hearing this Notre Dame?
Stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yes it is
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I am a Chiefs fan, so that colors things, but: I think there is a significant difference between "Redskins" and the red-face logo, and "Chiefs" and the related iconography.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:29 am
Polls are fake news. Ask Trump.

But for real, polls are often (in)intentionally misleading. Here is the ‘update’ to that 4 year old news source you referenced.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp
There have been questions about the WaPo surveys.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/02/2 ... kins-name/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:47 pm I am a Chiefs fan, so that colors things, but: I think there is a significant difference between "Redskins" and the red-face logo, and "Chiefs" and the related iconography.
The Washington nickname and logo is so easy. And now it's finally gone, close the file.

Chiefs not near the same. Nor is Arrowhead symbol, Susie riding War Paint.

That chop and chant, though, we don't need that.
Deleted User 141

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:47 pm That chop and chant, though, we don't need that.
Then two things Have been lol for as long as I d been an adult. (Or close).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:47 pm That chop and chant, though, we don't need that.
Then two things Have been lol for as long as I d been an adult. (Or close).
Can we 86 the "Home of the Chiefs" thing while we're at it?
Defense. Rebounds.