Pooka opts out:

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Pooka opts out:

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would think that if this was about playing at another school then he'd just finish out this season.

I can't imagine wanting to play another year of cfb in this current environment, but that's me.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I wonder if he saw the success that Herbert was having and thought maybe that could be me. I would imagine any Power 5 school would be happy to have him. Personally, I don't get that feeling but did wonder that especially given that this year is a 'throw away' in regards to eligibility.

If he has a great combine and subsequent workouts I could see him being a third round guy. As others have mentioned he isn't an 'every' down back and and I while I would call him a special talent I wouldn't call him elite either. I'll put it this way. If the Chiefs can keep Darwin Thompson on an NFL roster for two years in a row Pooka will be on an NFL roster next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What appears true is that the staff and admin's reaction to Pooka's announcement is night and day compared to their reaction to Khalil. That was pretty ugly.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 am What appears true is that the staff and admin's reaction to Pooka's announcement is night and day compared to their reaction to Khalil. That was pretty ugly.
And Pooka's reaction to that. Pooka did something with Les' announcement that said something to the tune of them going to reunite again. I think Pooka loved it here and the staff loved him and the fans loved him. Khalil quit the night before the 5th game so he could go elsewhere. That was some bull and the staff has been in CFB for some time and basically called him out behind the scenes for that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Depending on who and what you believe Herbert's decision was entirely made by his family. In hindsight it is paying off. Albeit early and of course we all know it won't happen but he is on the short list for the Heisman. None of those things would have happened had he stayed loyal and stayed on the Titanic. Depending on how things go on Saturday I could see a guy like AP opting out as well.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah he's not even close...
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

In two career games against BC Herbert has 29 carries for 330 yards.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when we beat BC?
Wow, what a night.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:10 pm Remember when we beat BC?
Wow, what a night.
Yeah, Herbert had 11 carries for 187 yards and a TD.

Then we played WVU the next week and gave him the ball a grad total of 7 times. No fucking wonder he left.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Was the WVU game still the Les K area or Dearmon?

The amount of pure dumb mistakes KU has made in football over the last decade is MIND BLOWING. Its almost a miracle the entire program hasn't gone under.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Les K. Dearmon took over Texas if I’m not mistaken.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That explains it all. Another dumb moment brought to you by KU football. Hiring 100+ yrs old Les K and then promptly firing him another six months later. If you go back and look at every misstep of KUAD from the last decade in regards to the football program and the staggering amount of money they have pissed down the drain it is MIND BLOWING. How WEF continually gets donors to fund this football program is beyond me.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Think we found holidays breaking point.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep. Sure did.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mine was quite some time ago.

Now I feel like a semi-apathetic observer watching a veterinarian attempt to save a litter's weakest panda cub from dying.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Don't worry, you two if we keep it under two scores against State I'll be right back at the front of the bandwagon drinking the Kool-Aid.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm an optimist by nature. And I sure got my hopes up in the first quarter last week. I'm not asking for wins. Just competitive ball. I hope the wins will continue to come with continuity on the staff and Les continuing to recruit decent high school kids.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think with the 5000 ft view at the time of the hiring, we wouldn't have been surprised at all that the defense would improve first before the offense. That's what happened under Mangino, which was a little surprising given his background.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We are back on this list:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -bottom-10

6. Kansas Nayhawks (0-4)

Kansas' regular-season finale trip to 1-3 Texas Tech on Dec. 5 is looking more and more like it could be the 2020 Bottom 10 Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year Mega Bowl. As a result, we have reset the giant countdown clock at our Bottom 10 offices for that game. We just duct-taped a big KU and TT over the permanently painted names of UTEP and Rice.