KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by pdub »

If it gets traction, and the mob's torches are lit, he gone.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:54 am Well, clearly none of us knows what the outcome of this will be.

The one thing I think we can count on, though, is whatever does happen will be bad for KU football on the field of play.
I thought I had read everything until you posted the Beckler quote.

Reading between the lines, I smell trouble for Les. KUAC playing CYA when it didn't have to.

But, if the reports are bad and he was involved in nasty shit down there, I have no problem getting him the hell out of here, bad football be damned.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

KUAD is stuck between a rock and hard place now. Les, clearly lied about his past but they also know firing him might set this program back to levels even we have never seen before.

I thought this brief off season starting with the incoming class was a start in the right direction. The QB room has potential promise and I was in the wait and see camp about the new OC. Now this comes out and damned if we some how may end up worse than before.

What voodoo deal with the Devil did Lew make to get us to the Orange Bowl?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What was the settlement? Was it money or was it the student intern who settled before Miles countersued?

Truly don't know, will probably never know.

Also regarding the LSU thing, there have been numerous allegations covering multiple coaches. When does blame fall on administration and not solely the coaches?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 am KUAD is stuck between a rock and hard place now. Les, clearly lied about his past but they also know firing him might set this program back to levels even we have never seen before.

I thought this brief off season starting with the incoming class was a start in the right direction. The QB room has potential promise and I was in the wait and see camp about the new OC. Now this comes out and damned if we some how may end up worse than before.

What voodoo deal with the Devil did Lew make to get us to the Orange Bowl?
Yeah just a weird thing all around. Happened in 2013, who knows what settlement even was, LSU didn't use that as a justification when they fired him.

There are literally zero details out there outside of his behavior was "improper". Investigation in 2013, it was settled, but terms of settlement unknown.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:50 am What was the settlement? Was it money or was it the student intern who settled before Miles countersued?

Truly don't know, will probably never know.

Also regarding the LSU thing, there have been numerous allegations covering multiple coaches. When does blame fall on administration and not solely the coaches?
The settlement was money, there wouldn't be a countersuit. Now if her claim was flimsy, it's certainly possible she settled for little.

As for blame on LSU, yes, there needs to be some as many contribute to a bad culture. But, if you're Les Miles at LSU, you're damn near on the top.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It would be nice to get someone with a future as a Head Coach. . . .
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:42 am It would be nice to get someone with a future as a Head Coach. . . .
That’s going to be the next hire. This was a stabilizing hire for a handful of years and then being in maybe more of a risk after he’s gone.

Program is stabilized..

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:27 am

Program is stabilized..
Really?!

I've got some florida swampland for sale that I'd like to talk to you about...
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Is the program in better shape than before. Absolutely. Now is it ‘stabilized’ I would have to say no. We have to win consistently before I can say it is stabilized.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Depending on how you define stable, I’d argue we are pretty damn stable year in year out at being the worst team in the B12.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:13 pm Depending on how you define stable, I’d argue we are pretty damn stable year in year out at being the worst team in the B12.
This guy gets it.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I mean that isn't anything new and Miles to Go (how fitting is that) only reaffirmed that. We all knew that as soon as Long was hired Miles was following right behind.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, agreed. Which is fine. It happens waaaaay too frequent. Like when kstate hired Klieman. The AD is the guy who hired him at North Dakota State.

Just wish there would have been at least some due diligence and some sort of resemblance of a thorough search.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It happens at all levels of coaching which is good, if you are on the receiving end and really bad if the hire goes south. When I got my high school coaching job I never even interviewed with the HC. I knew the DC and he told me if you want the job it is yours.

It is KU Athletics, especially football so I'm just going to assume they will screw it up. I also believe KUAD is desperate for football success and was willing to put blind faith in Long to get this right. That meant he had one guy and one guy only in mind and Girod wasn't going to get in his way.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I went on a bunch of interviews 2 years ago.

I don't remember anyone's name from the jobs I didn't accept.

Why is that "wild"?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 am I went on a bunch of interviews 2 years ago.

I don't remember anyone's name from the jobs I didn't accept.

Why is that "wild"?
A few former KU beat writers are hell bent on making a story right now--even if there is not one. Kinda weird.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm convinced that Les Miles was hired before Jeff Long was, in a way.

Long wouldn't be here if he didn't already have a coach in his pocket. I don't see Long here for, uh, long.