Tyty Washington

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Tyty Washington

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, next year we could probably use the #3 and #7 players more than a bunch of RussRob/Sasha types that prob won’t be ready for a couple years.

now somebody guttermeter me up.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:58 am Honestly, next year we could probably use the #3 and #7 players more than a bunch of RussRob/Sasha types that prob won’t be ready for a couple years.

I agree.

And more and more, I think depth is bullshit as anything other than insurance for injuries/suspensions and to maybe make practice more competitive. It does almost nothing for you on game day to have 12 good players if you're only gonna play 7 or 8 guys.

You want 5 great players, cause that's how many are on the court, not 12 good players.

And, The roster keeps making lotsa moves, but as you siad, none are impact players. McCormack, Och, Wilson, Braun, and probably Harris, are gonna get a ton of minutes, no one is supplanting them (Harris being the possible exception). So, I'm not seeing how the roster reshuffling really changes our outlook any (for next season).
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I do not think we are getting TyTy. But, if we do, depending on who you ask he is anywhere from the #2 to #4 PG in the country. Can't really do any better than that for our team needs in 2021, especially in the late period.

But, I don't expect the commitment and it would be under very lucky circumstances.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:06 am I do not think we are getting TyTy. But, if we do, depending on who you ask he is anywhere from the #2 to #4 PG in the country. Can't really do any better than that for our team needs in 2021, especially in the late period.

But, I don't expect the commitment and it would be under very lucky circumstances.
Like self signing a lifetime contract?

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:58 am Honestly, next year we could probably use the #3 and #7 players more than a bunch of RussRob/Sasha types that prob won’t be ready for a couple years.

I agree.

And more and more, I think depth is bullshit as anything other than insurance for injuries/suspensions and to maybe make practice more competitive. It does almost nothing for you on game day to have 12 good players if you're only gonna play 7 or 8 guys.

You want 5 great players, cause that's how many are on the court, not 12 good players.

And, The roster keeps making lotsa moves, but as you said, none are impact players. McCormack, Och, Wilson, Braun, and probably Harris, are gonna get a ton of minutes, no one is supplanting them (Harris being the possible exception). So, I'm not seeing how the roster reshuffling really changes our outlook any (for next season).
Similar thoughts from me. Having 12-13 really good players doesn't do much for you. And, I think you could argue that it could be a negative. You have quality players not playing, getting upset and then transferring. The constant roster overhaul isn't great for developing an identity year over year.

I think you need 3-4 great players, 3-4 really good players and then, meh, it doesn't matter.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Sounds like Illinois, Kentucky, & Arizona State are his top 3. I'm no fan, but I'd gladly shut my mouth if he became a Jayhawk.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Also, side note, McKissick announcing today, seems less and less likely he is a Jayhawk.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am Also, side note, McKissick announcing today, seems less and less likely he is a Jayhawk.
Florida?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am Sounds like Illinois, Kentucky, & Arizona State are his top 3. I'm no fan, but I'd gladly shut my mouth if he became a Jayhawk.
I keep reading that it will be Illinois.

It's hard to make up ground on a guy you don't pay much attention to until spring semester senior year.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

So, when should I start drafting my "I heard he was a primadonna anyway." post?

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am Sounds like Illinois, Kentucky, & Arizona State are his top 3. I'm no fan, but I'd gladly shut my mouth if he became a Jayhawk.
Nike, Nike, & Nike?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s the umkc dood right?

I dunno if he was gonna make a big splash either way.

Kinda surprising we didn’t already have a more lauded pg already in the pipeline for next year. What’s staff gonna say, just like they didn’t know Dotson was leaving, they didn’t know Garrett was leaving this year either?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 am
Nike, Nike, & Nike?
I think ASU is an Adidas school...
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Brandon McKissic just committed to Florida and rumors are KU pulled their offer. Maybe they feel like they have a great shot at TyTy. If not there are still plenty of talented guards in the portal.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right on.

Yeah, I didn’t have big hopes that a umkc transfer would be the solution for us, but I wish him luck and hope he succeeds at Florida now
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

Any thoughts on Yesufu from Drake if he’d be a fit? He lit it up after their starting PG went down.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 am Brandon McKissic just committed to Florida and rumors are KU pulled their offer. Maybe they feel like they have a great shot at TyTy. If not there are still plenty of talented guards in the portal.
They probably pulled the offer because they realized he would just be a bit player for one year with no time to expand his role in the program.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:56 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 am Brandon McKissic just committed to Florida and rumors are KU pulled their offer. Maybe they feel like they have a great shot at TyTy. If not there are still plenty of talented guards in the portal.
They probably pulled the offer because they realized he would just be a bit player for one year with no time to expand his role in the program.
See Martin, Cam.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:00 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:56 pm
See Martin, Cam.
Yeah, plus the position has already been filled by Mr. Martin.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Apparently we are out on him, but he is putting on an absolute SHOW right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG