Remy!

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Remy!

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:53 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm My early guess, but feel pretty confident:

Martin
Yes
Braun
Wilson
Mac
This is it. Braun off bench if Ochai stays, but I don't think he will. Bill brought in scoring punch at both guards spots so we don't have to throw a parade next year every time Harris makes a wide open 3.
Definitely still room for Och. Think we're better off not counting on any contribution from Pettiford or Cuffe in this season. We are looking at a tight and salty rotation if Och comes back.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Still don’t see how Och stays in the draft.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 pm Still don’t see how Och stays in the draft.
Same way Dotson did.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm My early guess, but feel pretty confident:

Martin
Yes
Braun
Wilson
Mac
This is 100% the starting lineup. Harris, Clemence and Cuffe off the bench. Maybe Martin as the backup 5.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 pm Still don’t see how Och stays in the draft.
If he’s guaranteed to go top 60, he’s gone. That’s guaranteed money and almost a sure ticket to the NBA at some point. Then Euro ball if it doesn’t pan out. Why stay at KU honestly?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:31 pm
If he’s guaranteed to go top 60, he’s gone.
Even if he isn't top 60 he could still stay in it. You can get on a team undrafted and if not he will make a fortune by most standards playing overseas for a decade.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Martin
Yes
Braun
Wilson
Mac
This is 100% the starting lineup. Harris, Clemence and Cuffe off the bench. Maybe Martin as the backup 5.
I wouldn't say 100%.

Man, I'm the biggest Yesufu fanboy on the board and I'm the only one who thinks he might not start.

Him and Martin are just so... identical. Martin is more experienced against top competition.

I like Harris' ability to create for others on O and create havoc on D, two things nobody in this proposed starting lineup brings.
Last edited by Mjl on Mon May 17, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Great get.
As far as reasons Ochai would stay, beyond the fact that 1st round guaranteed money is significantly better than late second or undrafted, both short and long term, is maybe he likes playing at KU and wants to don bigger things here.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Martin
Yes
Braun
Wilson
Mac
I wouldn't say 100%.

Man, I'm the biggest Yesufu fanboy on the board and I'm the only one who thinks he might not start.

Him and Martin are just so... identical. Martin is more experienced against top competition.

I like Harris' ability to create for others on I and create havoc on D, two things nobody in this proposed starting lineup brings.
I think if Och comes back it is:

Martin
CB or Yes
Och
Wilson
Mac

But, Harris is going to absolutely play. And a lot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ochai comes back and we are a top 5 team without question.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 pm Ochai comes back and we are a top 5 team without question.
Yes.

Did Wilson already withdraw?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Martin
Yes
Braun
Wilson
Mac
I wouldn't say 100%.

I like Harris' ability to create for others on O and create havoc on D, two things nobody in this proposed starting lineup brings.
So, you would say that youre a ......yes man?
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm

I wouldn't say 100%.

So, you would say that youre a ......yes man?
Yes you foo'
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

So is Remy the first dude ever who has dropped 20+ points on us in handing us a loss at AFH, only to later go on to be a starter for us?
Ain't no seats
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

He hasn't played a game for KU yet.
If and when he does and he starts, then I believe he will be the first one - at least under Self.

What would really blow is if he's drafted in the 2nd round.
I figure come draft time if San Antonio and/or Indiana and/or Milwaukee is on the board in the 2nd round and they have a choice to draft Remy, I have a strong feeling R.C. and/or Chad and/or Milt would do Self a solid and not select him even if they had him on their board/s.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

MJ23 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:16 am He hasn't played a game for KU yet.
If and when he does and he starts, then I believe he will be the first one - at least under Self.

I figure come draft time if San Antonio and/or Indiana and/or Milwaukee is on the board in the 2nd round and they have a choice to draft Remy, I have a strong feeling R.C. and/or Chad and/or Milt would do Self a solid and not select him even if they had him on their board/s.
Dude that isn't how this works. He either stays in or opts out before the draft.

Man I thought we were losing big time with this transfer portal but this a game changer. It is not over till we see who stays in the draft but sure looks good now.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The ceiling on this team is a lot higher after the addition of Remy Martin. It will be interesting to see how so many new contributors fit together with the returning players.

With my kiddo heading to KU in the fall and the return to a full AFH, this will be a season I remember for a long time. Hopefully we get Agbaji back and he ends his KU career on a high note.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MJ23 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:16 am He hasn't played a game for KU yet.

You don't know how this works do you? May 30th is deadline to stay in draft. He doesn't get to come back to college if he doesn't get drafted.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Remy in 81st% for PPP on P&R and 97% on catch and shoot. Per Kevin Flaherty with 247.

That's really good. He can be the primary ball handler and then be an off guard who can spot up and hit shots.

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am Remy in 81st% for PPP on P&R and 97% on catch and shoot. Per Kevin Flaherty with 247.

That's really good. He can be the primary ball handler and then be an off guard who can spot up and hit shots.
This makes me think Self will use him much the same way he played Devonte.