Landlords

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Landlords

Post by ousdahl »

The landlord ol’ CoyDC wouldn’t give me a number but he said expect several hundred more per person per month.

Also said he’d send his guy over to fix the patio door, no for real this time.

He even said be grateful, cuz he owns some other place in Boulder and booted the tenants so his nephew’s uncle’s kid or whatever could live there.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:09 pm The landlord ol’ CoyDC wouldn’t give me a number but he said expect several hundred more per person per month.

He even said be grateful, cuz he owns some other place in Boulder and booted the tenants so his nephew’s uncle’s kid or whatever could live there.
You should read your rights
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:09 pm The landlord ol’ CoyDC wouldn’t give me a number but he said expect several hundred more per person per month.

Thats dangerously close to doing something Mjl....thats not in ous' wheelhouse.

f he did that he couldn't feign outrage about it here.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:57 pm

BUT MAH RIGHTS!

But yeah you’re right.

Good advice, thanks.

I mean, if making one more joke about the right word is wrong, I don’t wanna be…correct.

and for real can we talk about how I repeatedly asked him what number and CoyDC kept staring at the ground shuffling his feet like a little kid who just got in trouble, or should I take that to the professionalism thread?

also you knew that correct bullshit wouldn’t be the last right pun I left you with.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Oh, from now on I’m also requiring you to have renter’s insurance.”

I already have that. I’ll forward you the email with the policy info.

“Oh ok thanks, but actually could you also text me to let when you send the email? I never remember to check my email unless I get a reminder”

Yeah, sure, of course! Also if I forget to pay rent, just text me.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ha! when the wife “forgets” to pay rent (via apple pay), she just gets a text that says “rent”

forgets is in quotes because we’re never really late...we just wait until the evening of the 5th
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m surprised it just says “rent,” and doesn’t also include an invitation to see his dance quintet
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Sooo

how do I explain to my tenant that it’s NBD to let my big pit bull run around off-leash at the rental property, in fact it’s mah right, even if it’s aggressively growling and barking at the tenant, cuz come on pal I own the place!

He prob thinks if the dog bit him I would give him a break on rent or something LOL no sorry bub.

If you don’t like it then get off my lawn!
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Story time already?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yeah pal, today’s already the 5th, where’s my rent??

wait wait, lemme guess:

the dog ate it?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:54 am Sooo

how do I explain to my tenant that it’s NBD to let my big pit bull run around off-leash at the rental property, in fact it’s mah right, even if it’s aggressively growling and barking at the tenant, cuz come on pal I own the place!

He prob thinks if the dog bit him I would give him a break on rent or something LOL no sorry bub.

Interesting. Sounds like your tenant has an easy lawsuit against you.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

As if the tenant has the resources to bring legal action, ha. That bum can barely even make rent!

If he DOES threaten suit, I’ll tell him any money he might get from me would come from out of the budget to otherwise repair the leaky plumbing that I haven’t bothered to fix anyway.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

are you here just to throw another phantom tantrum or do you have something more productive in mind?
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:11 pm As if the tenant has the resources to bring legal action, ha. That bum can barely even make rent!

If he DOES threaten suit, I’ll tell him any money he might get from me would come from out of the budget to otherwise repair the leaky plumbing that I haven’t bothered to fix anyway.
He'll sue you for legal costs too. And for taking recourse against him suing you. Hopefully he knows his rights. But sounds more like he just wants to play victim.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yeah, I pretty much bank on the idea that maybe the tenant won’t know his rights, and the capitalist gaslight that maybe he’ll think mah rights are more important anyway, since I hold disproportionate power in this economic relationship and all.

Heck, at this point I’d practically be doing that looser a favor by just evicting him.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:54 am

Gotta get that bite, though. Step up to the plate Qusdahl!
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:24 pm are you here just to throw another phantom tantrum or do you have something more productive in mind?
Phantom tantrum lol coming from you that’s rich!

But, why even suggest something more productive in mind? As if there’s a problem to address? Cuz I mean it’s not like it’s HIS dog barking at ME.

The lease ain’t even pet friendly!

And considering how quick I might evict just cuz I can, now stop and imagine how quick I’d kick his ass out in the cold for letting a dog run at large on my own property…the nerve!

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:51 pm
Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:54 am

Gotta get that bite, though. Step up to the plate Qusdahl!
Qusdahl also refuses to get a tetanus shot too

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The concerning thing here is that the landlord is almost assuredly violating his insurance policy by just having a pit bull, let alone letting it run around.

So if someone does get bit, the landlord is uninsured.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

But, but, he’s the best dog ever! Such a good boy! The goodest boy! He’s never acted like this to anyone, except to the tenant, and the mailman, and the door dash guy, and various others who should have known better.