Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2022

Post by pdub »

Don't tell Fran.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, once again, we were morans for not drafting him in the first place, but Seattle is rumored to be shopping DK Metcalf.

Say F it, not be able to spend on defense at all, and bring him in?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:35 am Also, once again, we were morans for not drafting him in the first place, but Seattle is rumored to be shopping DK Metcalf.

Say F it, not be able to spend on defense at all, and bring him in?
No, KC can get a more than capable WR2 for much less than it would cost to get Metcalf and if our defense sucks, it won't matter how good our WR2 is. Get a nice WR2 in FA and then keep working on the defense.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I really don't understand the obsession some have with WR2. The Chiefs are fine with skill position players and need to make upgrades to:

Offensive Line
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Defensive Secondary

And Metcalf was the 9th WR selected and 64th overall. It's not like he was a sure fire, can't miss prospect that KC passed on. You can play this game with every draft if you want.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think we are good with our OLine if we bring back ( and we should ) Orlando.
We can probably find a good MLB ( or OLB if they move Bolton in ) in FA.
D-Line for sure, since we're likely loosing Clark.
Same with secondary since we probably loose Ward. And generally that needs an upgrade regardless.

Pringle is not a good WR2.
He wouldn't start for 95% of the NFL.
We need another dude and I think they will address that.

As far as playing that game with every draft, I personally specifically can with Metcalf, because I specifically was vocal about the Chiefs drafting him, especially when he fell to us.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nagy back to KC as Senior Assistant/QB coach.

I like this move. He was bad as a leader in KC. But man when he was KC OC, those offense had way more innovative ideas compared to the last couple of years. His last year was 2018. The year Mahomes and Co took the league by storm with great schemes, route concepts and so much more. Plus, I think Mahomes likes him a lot.

With EB here for another year, don’t be surprised if Nagy is OC next year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just hope the Flores suit didnt influence keeping an OC who might not be the best for us.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:38 pm I just hope the Flores suit didnt influence keeping an OC who might not be the best for us.
The crazy thing (to me) is the guy who is best for "us" for some unknown reason put up these stats (see below) in his last games (the biggest games) of his last season 3 seasons. "Sub par" for him. Granted, one was a huge win the Super Bowl but it seemed something was "off". I believe some of it is on him but not all of it. So who else is it "on"? His teammates? sure. His coaches? sure. So what do you do?

26/39 275 yards 3 TD 2 INT
26/49 270 yards 0 TD 2 INT
26/42 286 yards 2 TD 2 INT
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The middle game he had no oline and the stripes had made up their mind.

The last game, where you have the best QB in the league, and you only score 3 points in the second half, after a disaster of a call to end the first where your QB thought he had a TO left and you leave 3 points on the table, and there is smoke that you dont mesh with said QB and you tie in regulation when that 3 at the end of the first likely would have changed the game, I'd say that's a decent reason to not be re-signed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I hate that EB is back. The offense was not where it needed to be last year and we all know it. It was so bad in that last game that it looked like a setup. And yet, here he is again.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:38 pm I just hope the Flores suit didnt influence keeping an OC who might not be the best for us.
yup, you're on to something here ...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, he would be paid salary from the Cowboys...wonder if the Chiefs could work something out.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:41 am Well, he would be paid salary from the Cowboys...wonder if the Chiefs could work something out.
I think so.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Chiefs want to extend Hill and draft a WR high or go for a cheaper option at WR for the 3rd option.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think KC extends Hill, maybe signs a WR but I'd be shocked if they spend anything higher than a 4th round pick on a WR.

Again, I really don't understand the obsession with the WR2 spot.

KC finished:
3rd in Total Yards
4th in Passing Yards (10 total yards from 2nd)
4th in Points (4 points from 3rd)

27th in Defensive Total Yards

The offense is fine, KC needs help at OL (strictly for depth/health issues), DL, LB and Defensive Secondary. All money and resources need to be spent there while Hill and Kelce are both still in their prime.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is why I like a FA wide receiver and investments on draft picks for defense.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 am I think KC extends Hill, maybe signs a WR but I'd be shocked if they spend anything higher than a 4th round pick on a WR.

KC finished:
3rd in Total Yards

The offense is fine, KC needs help at OL (strictly for depth/health issues), DL, LB and Defensive Secondary. All money and resources need to be spent there while Hill and Kelce are both still in their prime.
Because Kelce’s usage is getting to be less and less every year.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:09 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 am I think KC extends Hill, maybe signs a WR but I'd be shocked if they spend anything higher than a 4th round pick on a WR.

KC finished:
3rd in Total Yards

Because Kelce’s usage is getting to be less and less every year.
Based on what?

Targets
134 - 2021
150 - Mahomes 1st year as starter
117 - 2016

Other than Mahomes overly relying on him in his first season not seeing a downward trend
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Also, Kansas City is going to be the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl each of the next two seasons. They need to spend all capital shoring up the OL, DL, LB and Defensive Secondary groups. Worry about replacing Kelce and Hill in 2024