FUCK ESPN

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: FUCK ESPN

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 pm ESPN sucks. They assume no one cares about the starts of games. Even on their streaming service makes it difficult to find and open the screen for the game prior to the start. And they never do split screens. And all the split screens did was ruin our game while also not actually letting dookies see the start of their game.

Espn is 100% catering to BWW Chad's and don't give a shit about anyone who's actually a fan of anything.
?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

sdoyel wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:33 pm I wouldn’t want UNC in a 2/7 1/8 type of game tho.
Would we get the same UNC team that lost by 9 at home to Pitt? I'd be happy if KU played that team.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Coach K telling everyone to shut up before the post game ceremony is so on brand.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm Coach K telling everyone to shut up before the post game ceremony is so on brand.
I couldn't even think about watching that.
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm Coach K telling everyone to shut up before the post game ceremony is so on brand.
You were wise. It was patently self-indulgent, fawning and conceited.

imo
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:41 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:06 pm what was the purpose of that

absurd
The purpose of that was to cater to the people who were waiting to watch the Duke/UNC game. There were more of them than those who cared about the KU/UT game.
that’s why there’s an app
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:43 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:06 pm what was the purpose of that

absurd
The purpose of that was to cater to the people who were waiting to watch the Duke/UNC game. There were more of them than those who cared about the KU/UT game.
My mistake, I thought you were referring to those watching on television.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Some people get too worked up about too many things. Jealousy and inferiority complex maybe.

I didn't think split screen was a big deal. It was a historic occasion. Not like just a non con game against the citadel.

I hate K. Don't like Duke. But understand the significance of the moment. Not something worth worrying about. Life is too short to spend most of it looking for negativity.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:09 am

i was

my gripe is that the split screen seems to hardly ever get used

fans of other teams are forced to go to espn+ when the first games go long, even when the early games are blow-outs
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:29 am
i was

fans of other teams are forced to go to espn+ when the first games go long, even when the early games are blow-outs
Fans of other teams don't have coach K retiring. It was a special occasion.

If they moved our game to a different channel then I would have been pissed.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

really? i had no idea
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:34 am really? i had no idea
Yup. Espn even covered everything for 30min+ AFTER the game. It was a bit much for me tbh. But understandable. He's one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. It was kind of a big deal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

What a jacka**
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:39 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 pm
You were wise. It was patently self-indulgent, fawning and conceited.

imo
Yeah, it was awful. I actually watched the entire ceremony solely because I was hopeful that K would finally show some class for the first time in his life.

Nope. Total drama queen to the end.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am loving the lectures on the this fan board. LEAVE ESPN ALONE! Jeebus Crisco.
Ratface losing his last home game was karma.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:33 am

i was

But what did the split screen accomplish. You couldn't hear anything going on at Cameron, dook fans could just see K standing there with no sound. And we had to try to watch on a tiny screen. So neither fan base got any benefit out of the deal. It hurt everyone watching regardless of the reason.

And I've complained about ESPN's start times anyway. Basketball games last like 2 hours and 10 minutes on average and yet ESPN always has them start at :00 or :05 after the hour at the LATEST. This always happens. Why not have the games start 2.5 hours apart so you can see the games in their entirety. You've got a studio crew to talk about shit for 15 minutes if the game isn't late. I want to see the tipoff, I want to see the starting lineups, I want to know who's injured and not playing and why the coaches are wearing pink shoes. I hate joining a game with 13:43 left int he first half and not knowing why or how the score got to be 14-12

AND their app isn't that reliable, so scrambling around for the remote, to change inputs, to open Espn, which often makes you re-login, and then scrolling through their awful interface searching for your game sucks. It's a shitty experience. They run a business, they should want their product to be enjoyable and not a pain in the ass.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:33 pm
i was

But what did the split screen accomplish. You couldn't hear anything going on at Cameron, dook fans could just see K standing there with no sound. And we had to try to watch on a tiny screen. So neither fan base got any benefit out of the deal. It hurt everyone watching regardless of the reason.

And I've complained about ESPN's start times anyway. Basketball games last like 2 hours and 10 minutes on average and yet ESPN always has them start at :00 or :05 after the hour at the LATEST. This always happens. Why not have the games start 2.5 hours apart so you can see the games in their entirety. You've got a studio crew to talk about shit for 15 minutes if the game isn't late. I want to see the tipoff, I want to see the starting lineups, I want to know who's injured and not playing and why the coaches are wearing pink shoes. I hate joining a game with 13:43 left int he first half and not knowing why or how the score got to be 14-12

AND their app isn't that reliable, so scrambling around for the remote, to change inputs, to open Espn, which often makes you re-login, and then scrolling through their awful interface searching for your game sucks. It's a shitty experience. They run a business, they should want their product to be enjoyable and not a pain in the ass.
Yeah, the two hour times lots are maddening. You would think after 20+ years of experience ESPN could figure this out
Deleted User 863

i was

But what did the split screen accomplish..
It accomplished BWW Chad knowing he was in the right place. That's really it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

i was

Everything PhD said here is correct.
Defense. Rebounds.