Good News / Bad News Ayman al-Zawahiri Edition

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Good News / Bad News Ayman al-Zawahiri Edition

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:28 pm Good news is he's supposedly dead.
Bad news is Mjl might need to be a little more careful - being that he is an American and I believe he is still in the Middle East.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics ... index.html
LoL, thanks for the concern Gutter, but I'll take the win.

Given what happened in Highland Park, maybe I'm safer here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mjl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:14 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:28 pm Good news is he's supposedly dead.
Bad news is Mjl might need to be a little more careful - being that he is an American and I believe he is still in the Middle East.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics ... index.html
LoL, thanks for the concern Gutter, but I'll take the win.

Given what happened in Highland Park, maybe I'm safer here.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Whatever…If someone is for “death to America” then they deserve to be whacked, civilian or military.

BTW, how did Zawahiri get that bump on his forehead? (Too much contact with his prayer rug)?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shocked that this post didn’t queue the classiness police
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 am shocked that this post didn’t queue the classiness police
The resident "class officers" only call out Dems.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:09 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:37 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:16 am Glad to see this piece of shit brought to an end on this earth and that there seems to have been no unintended deaths. The world is a little safer with this guy gone from it.
Why is your response to this different than when we took out Qasem Soleimani?
As I described above, it is because Soleimani was a high ranking military leader for a wildly unstable major adversarial country (Iran) at the time he was killed. There aren't any countries that have launched missiles at an airbase where US forces are stationed as retaliation after the killing of Ayman al-Zawahiri, correct?
Some follow up to this point.

"The US Justice Department announced criminal charges Wednesday against a member of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps for allegedly trying to orchestrate the assassination of John Bolton, who served in senior national security positions during the Trump and Bush administrations.
The alleged plot was "likely in retaliation" for the January 2020 US air strike that killed Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the Justice Department said."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/10/politics ... index.html
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Whew. Thank god Al-Qaeda would never retaliate for us killing one of their leaders.

The fact that IIRGC attempted to orchestrate an assassination of one of our security advisors makes me think killing Soleimani was even more justified/necessary. Not the opposite. Those are bad/dangerous people.

And LOL @ you trying to portray that you have some insight into which killings of leaders of various terrorist organizations will bring about possible retaliation. I needed a good laugh before bed.