DDD Gets Raided

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: DDD Gets Raided

Post by twocoach »

defixione wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm The law and order party sure have their collective panties in a bunch over this legit FBI search. WTF.
Claiming that any investigation into their criminal behavior is an attempt to tear away their God given rights is a core tenant of the Trump Administration. They perfectly recognized that the GOP base would respond favorably to this sort of framing. The GOP and their base of support couldn't have behaved more perfectly for this con game to work as well as it has. I am hoping that the long arm of the law will finally put an end to this repulsive era in our history.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm The law and order party sure have their collective panties in a bunch over this legit FBI search. WTF.
Yeah, they lost their shit when it was mentioned to “defund the police” ….but now, screaming that we should “defund the FBI/DOJ”
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:14 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:26 am

Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place"
You can't be serious. You're throwing that out as a broad generalization about the pubs? I have never heard anyone say that. I am sure there are some that think cops should just kill any black person for any reason at all, but it's a ridiculously very small minority. Almost nobody thinks cops should kill black people over fake money.

My goodness. You're broken.
Sorry that I confused you. I should have spelled things out a little more clearly knowing you were probably participating.

"Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place" but be the white leader of the GOP cult and it is an Unamerican witch hunt to investigate your clearly illegal behavior."

I should have remembered that your preference is to just read from the beginning and start to form an opinion before you get to the first punctuation mark. This was not a broad generalization of all Pubs. It is a jab at the portion of Pubs who are out there making comments that it is an unamerican witch hunt akin to a Banana Republic to investigate Donald Trump even when he clearly violated the law.

If you polled the entire US population who feels that Trump is being persecuted in this investigation, I think you would find that far more than a "ridiculously very small minority" have a first reaction of "well if George Floyd would have just not broken the law then he'd be alive today" instead of "George Floyd was unnecessarily murdered by the police for a petty offense".
Remember that time when you claimed you never engage with me....i was just thinking about that while reading your dozens of responses to me the last few days. 🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm
Yeah, they lost their shit when it was mentioned to “defund the police” ….but now, screaming that we should “defund the FBI/DOJ”
Trump deserves whatever he has coming to him.

If he'd have stayed in the entertainment arena then he wouldn't have had to worry about being targeted in politically motivated investigations.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:10 pm

If he'd have stayed in the entertainment arena then he wouldn't have had to worry about being targeted in politically motivated investigations.
It isn’t really a “politically motivated investigation” when you consistently operated beyond the law
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:13 pm

It isn’t really a “politically motivated investigation” when you consistently operated beyond the law
I think there is definitely political motivation behind the Trump investigations. Which is what it is. He wouldn't be involved in poltically related matters if he had stayed out of politics.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I'm kind of dim today. Could you explain the political motivation behind a search for illegal possession of classified government documents?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the motivation would be to wreck him even more for 2024.

last night would not have happened if they did not think he might run again in 24.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sad that you actually believe that

even more sad that you idiots seem to be cool with him getting away with the corruption and lawlessness

it’s those kinds of sentiments that enable autocrats
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:07 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:14 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am

You can't be serious. You're throwing that out as a broad generalization about the pubs? I have never heard anyone say that. I am sure there are some that think cops should just kill any black person for any reason at all, but it's a ridiculously very small minority. Almost nobody thinks cops should kill black people over fake money.

My goodness. You're broken.
Sorry that I confused you. I should have spelled things out a little more clearly knowing you were probably participating.

"Be black and pay for some cigarettes with a fake $20 and you deserve to be killed by the cops because "you shouldn't have broken the law in the first place" but be the white leader of the GOP cult and it is an Unamerican witch hunt to investigate your clearly illegal behavior."

I should have remembered that your preference is to just read from the beginning and start to form an opinion before you get to the first punctuation mark. This was not a broad generalization of all Pubs. It is a jab at the portion of Pubs who are out there making comments that it is an unamerican witch hunt akin to a Banana Republic to investigate Donald Trump even when he clearly violated the law.

If you polled the entire US population who feels that Trump is being persecuted in this investigation, I think you would find that far more than a "ridiculously very small minority" have a first reaction of "well if George Floyd would have just not broken the law then he'd be alive today" instead of "George Floyd was unnecessarily murdered by the police for a petty offense".
Remember that time when you claimed you never engage with me....i was just thinking about that while reading your dozens of responses to me the last few days. 🤣🤣🤣
No, I do not remember stating that I "never" engage with you. Feel free to provide a link.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 pm

I think there is definitely political motivation behind the Trump investigations. Which is what it is. He wouldn't be involved in poltically related matters if he had stayed out of politics.
A law enforcement organization investigating a politician for criminal behavior doesn't make it "politically motivated". It has political impacts, but not motivations. The motivation is to investigate criminal activities regardless of whom is suspected of them. Making sure that you perform the raid more than 90 days prior to the mid-term elections because you have stated that you prefer not to perform such activities within 90 days of a federal election isn't even "politically motivated".

And Donald Trump was 100% involved in politically related matter prior to him being a politician. Anyone who lobbies for specific political actions to be taken is involved in political matters and Trump had been doing that at the local, state and federal levels for decades prior to running for President.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:58 pm the motivation would be to wreck him even more for 2024.

last night would not have happened if they did not think he might run again in 24.
I see nothing that leads me to believe that either of your statements is correct.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:58 pm the motivation would be to wreck him even more for 2024.

Who is "they"?
On a related note, I get a chuckle that Christopher Wray was nominated by Trump. Just another guy Trump wanted to work for him (actually our country) and of course ridicules for not being his bitch and doing what he was appointed to do.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:16 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 pm

A law enforcement organization investigating a politician for criminal behavior doesn't make it "politically motivated". It has political impacts, but not motivations. The motivation is to investigate criminal activities regardless of whom is suspected of them. Making sure that you perform the raid more than 90 days prior to the mid-term elections because you have stated that you prefer not to perform such activities within 90 days of a federal election isn't even "politically motivated".
LOL

Agree to disagree. I think it's absolutely politically motivated. Doesn't mean it's not justified.
Deleted User 863

1 thing is for sure, there better be something this time. Otherwise storming in there with assault rifles looks awfully bad (and politically motivated).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

tinfoil, aisle 9
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s sort of surprising it took has long as it did.

Is there any precedent for a politician running off with classified shit and refusing to return it?

Or for taking damn near 2 years for authorities to go get it

Especially for a position as high profile as potus
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:24 pm tinfoil, aisle 9
Exactly!

How many times are we going to go thru these empty gotchas that result in nothing?

😉😘

Hopefully this time they finally nail his ass if he's doing things against the law.

And if they swing and miss (again), it will backfire and end up helping Trump come 2024.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »