Re: Crimson/Blue Fest headcount 2023

Post by jhawks99 »

I wish I could be there. I probably won't get another day off until 2025
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I plan to be there!

I haven't booked a yurt tho, and not sure I will, if there apparently still are options for a degenerate such as myself to just crash on floor space or on Big Blue or in a tent in Japhy's newly fenced-in back yard (Japhy is it that area you and I knocked down all the weeds?!)

how early Sunday are you trying to fish btw?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

$20 says he doesn’t show. 😇😇😇
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Oh, he'll show alright, the Empire is Oussie's niche.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Someone else PM'ed me and said they'd give me $50 if he showed. I'm not going to tell him who it was. I'll either make $50 for him showing or $20 for him not. I win either way.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shit, now I want a slice of that pie!

let's keep upping the bids to see which can ultimately be more lucrative for me...

to show or not to show?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also we need a clause that all bets are off if I don't show cuz I get tindered back to Lauren Boebert's...
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’ll pay ya back for the food.

I’ll double it for some nudes of Boebert. As long as no part of you is in those pics.

I keep those folders separate.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:26 am I plan to be there!

I haven't booked a yurt tho, and not sure I will, if there apparently still are options for a degenerate such as myself to just crash on floor space or on Big Blue or in a tent in Japhy's newly fenced-in back yard (Japhy is it that area you and I knocked down all the weeds?!)

how early Sunday are you trying to fish btw?
Plenty of room at my place. We have 4500 sf under roof so we can fit you in somewhere. Bring your own cot or sleeping pad and sleeping bag. The bathroom has been upgraded since your last visit.

The Mennonites don't open their cafe on Sundays so we are on our own for breakfast. I can get pastries and will make a pot of coffee. Roll out of town 7:30-8:00 AM. Give the sun a chance to get down into the canyon so the hoppers warm up and start moving around. It takes a good 45 minutes to drive up there. We would hit the creek about 9:00 AM.

So we are at 11, last I heard Dr Pepper and daughter we're going to be there so that is 13.

DC? DC?, you still out there?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I thought DC was going to be autographing pictures to hand out to the group?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

defixione wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:36 pm I thought DC was going to be autographing pictures to hand out to the group?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

As promised, everyone attending the event will receive a signed photo of DC and Vivek Ramasmarmy at a conference.

What you may not have known, DC is a Kennedy? But still with the slouching and no Tucker in sight, it might be congenital.

And Chocolate Jesus was at the same event?

What are the chances?

I will print these on kitakata paper as it will bring out the warm chutney tones in Vivek's skin. The title of this is, "I teach. He listens. Where two or three are gathered in my name."

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Yes, I will be there. I will have my daughter and a female friend of hers.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I wish I could be there myself. But my mother's death left me scrambling this summer. I am hoping for some colorful banter exposing the violence inherent in the system.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:24 pm I wish I could be there myself. But my mother's death left me scrambling this summer. I am hoping for some colorful banter exposing the violence inherent in the system.
Wish you were coming too, Sparko, it'd be nice to meet.

I hear you on the "scrambling" after your mother's death. And from what little you've shared before, it seems a safe bet that dealing with the details has fallen to you.

Pro tip/warning: If you do good work, they'll give you more work to do.

A few weeks after my wife passed and while dealing with her affairs, I discovered my 94 y/o mother, (who I hadn't seen in 1.5 years due to Covid and my wife's illness), back in KC, could no longer handle her affairs. I had no idea of the veritable black-hole sized crevasse of time I was falling into trying to convert her various bank, broker, credit card, SS, Medicare, Medicare Part D, medical and dental insurance, newspaper, magazines, etc., etc. accounts over to me so I could pay her bills, where every time I was finally able to connect with the person I needed to reach or talk to only begat yet another couple of emails, forms, signatures, phone calls, etc. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I hadn't already arranged to be her DPA for medical and financial affairs. It was never ending.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The confirmed account is now 14 and we are still waiting on a confirmation from DC as to how many members of his family will attend. I think we have pushed into the level where a tres leches cake is now workable. The chocoflan is great, but the tres leches is a god damn show stopper.

I have a tentative dinner menu for the last supper. Herb encrusted, soy glazed pork loin roast with a sherry based sauce. Tomatillo and goat cheese mashed taters. Corn on the cob grilled with butter, lime and Chimayo chili. Greens salad with cilantro leaves and lemon basil flowers. Desert will of course be tres leches and there might be glasses of port to help warsh that down. We will set up tables in the Grotto and I will need some helping hands to get the done.

Gutter, there is still time to catch a flight to the Springs or Albuquerque and drive in for this. In 2025 when your friends come back from LA and are talking about his show at the LACMA you can say, "Ron Rael? Yeah I know him, we partied out in the high desert of Colorado a couple of years ago."
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:16 pm A few weeks after my wife passed and while dealing with her affairs, I discovered my 94 y/o mother, (who I hadn't seen in 1.5 years due to Covid and my wife's illness), back in KC, could no longer handle her affairs. I had no idea of the veritable black-hole sized crevasse of time I was falling into trying to convert her various bank, broker, credit card, SS, Medicare, Medicare Part D, medical and dental insurance, newspaper, magazines, etc., etc. accounts over to me so I could pay her bills, where every time I was finally able to connect with the person I needed to reach or talk to only begat yet another couple of emails, forms, signatures, phone calls, etc. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I hadn't already arranged to be her DPA for medical and financial affairs. It was never ending.
Everyone who is a growed up should have a PDA. We barely got one in place before my mom's dementia went full blown, and then again just before mother-in-law got committed to the psych ward a couple of months ago. Shit would have been even more of a nightmare without those. We immediately wrote them up for ourselves as well and passed copies to our adult daughters.

And another thing, if you are going to spend time on a regular basis out in the hinterlands get AirMedCare insurance. If you get injured or sick in the SLV they will likely have to fly you out to the Springs in a helicopter. I know three people who have had to take it. The cost ranges from $30k-45k. And your regular insurance don't cover it.

https://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

That seems like a fair price for a ride.